• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3112 replies to this topic

#361 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:17 PM

Without the power numbers though, Kemp is nowhere near earning his pay. It's a huge part of his game (or was) that originally got him that money.

I agree, it was because he was the total package.  Power, speed, fielding, etc.  He's not even stealing bases at a high clip anymore. 

Currently he's on pace for a 4 home run, 60 RBI season. That's not close to good enough.  I expect him to catch fire soon though in the power department. 

I think he'll finish with 20-25 homeruns and around 80-90 RBIs, with a .285 BA.  Not overwhelming but with his slow start, that would be pretty good. 

#362 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 04:08 PM

Without the power numbers though, Kemp is nowhere near earning his pay. It's a huge part of his game (or was) that originally got him that money.

Who on the Dodgers are really earning their pay? At this point, I'm just satisfied with production.

And I think Josh Beckett will be fine. He has pretty good strikeout numbers, so its not like he can't get people out. I can see him settling in nice after he comes back from the DL.

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 04:16 PM

Wow! Luis Cruz got a hit everybody! Now finally batting exactly 100!

yo.

#364 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 05:18 PM

Wow! Luis Cruz got a hit everybody! Now finally batting exactly 100!

Guy is owed $505,000 this season.  I could do what he is doing for that money. :laughing:

#365 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,769 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted May 17, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Who on the Dodgers are really earning their pay? At this point, I'm just satisfied with production.

And I think Josh Beckett will be fine. He has pretty good strikeout numbers, so its not like he can't get people out. I can see him settling in nice after he comes back from the DL.

Gonzalez, Crawford, Kershaw & Ryu are most definitely earning their paychecks.  Greinke has been good so far but he hasn't played so he hasn't technically been earning his yet...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Finally a nice outing by Cap, but no run support really.

yo.

#367 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,202 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 19, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Nice that grienke is back

#368 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Mattingly could be fired as soon as tomorrow:

I’ve seen the Dodgers twice in person this season, and both times came away thinking that the team would be OK, that manager Don Mattingly would survive.

Now I’m convinced that Mattingly is going to get fired. And the sooner it happens, the better.

The players like Mattingly. Club executives insist his lame-duck status is not an issue. But I’ve seen it too many times with unproven managers who are in the final years of contracts.

A team struggles. A manager’s personality turns. A cloud forms over a club.

Watch the games, listen to Mattingly and tell me this is not happening to the Dodgers.

The 17-25 Dodgers. The $217 million Dodgers. The last-place Dodgers, who are now seven games back in the NL West.

The Dodgers were swept over their weekend in Atlanta, getting outscored, 16-8. Their bullpen allowed 12 of the runs. And Mattingly’s postgame quotes were the equivalent of bad body language, the thoughts of a manager who doesn’t know how to snap his team out of it.

Watching Sunday’s meltdown on television, I thought, “Mattingly might be gone tomorrow.” And then I got a text from a rival scout, one who has no particular insight into the Dodgers, but is attuned — like so many in the sport — to the game’s day-to-day rhythms.

“Making the call — Donnie Ballgame will get the axe tomorrow,” the scout said.

When I asked the scout why he thought that, he replied, “Gut feeling. The way they’ve been losing.”

The scout continued, “He’s a laid-back manager with a laid-back veteran club. Great dude, but they need some energy. Some fire. Some change with that payroll. Not his fault, but you can’t fire 25 players.”

http://msn.foxsports...a-braves-051913

#369 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 08:33 PM

We suck in everything. EVERY THING. Bullpen sucks. Starting pitching is meh but should do better. Fielding sucks. Hitting sucks. Clutch [expletive]ting sucks. Its like watching Mike Brown again, no progress in any facet of the game

Edited by MDI, May 19, 2013 - 08:34 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Reading that source, I wish it sounded more credible than simply a rival scout who has no particular insight to the Dodgers, but nonetheless, it does need to at least be considered if it hasn't already.

yo.

#371 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 08:46 PM

With Mattingly's contract ending after this season, it makes it far easier to fire him. 

I thought the writing was on the wall once the Dodgers decided to not talk extension with him until after the season, this after Mattingly asked them to extend his contract. 

I like Mattingly but like it says in the article, Mattingly is a laid back manager and his veteran team looks laid back as well.  This team needs a spark. 

Not sure they hire anyone significant this season, I think Wallach gets the nod for the rest of the year if Mattingly is fired, but I expect Mike Scioscia to be the Dodgers manager to begin next season.  His philosophy is suited for the national league and would love to have him here.  

It's not completely Mattingly's fault, but he'll take the fall.  Part of the business, whether it's fair or not, it's nothing new. 

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 08:57 PM

How about Fernando Valenzuela as manager? Fernando-mania all over again. That could be a spark.

yo.

#373 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 09:00 PM

How about Fernando Valenzuela as manager? Fernando-mania all over again. That could be a spark.

That would be something.  :laughing:

Interesting name linked to the Dodgers (and Angels) is Ozzie Guillen.  Definitely controversial, but is a solid manager.  I'm not sure if the Dodgers would gamble on him and I'm not sure how great his relationship is with Hanley Ramirez.  

You want passionate though, he's the man  :laughing:

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 09:05 PM

^ Not to mention he's (Ozzie) actually got a world series under his belt as a manager.

Wonder how well Fernie can speak English though.

yo.

#375 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,202 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 20, 2013 - 01:26 AM

That sounds like a sound gamble

That would be something.  :laughing:

Interesting name linked to the Dodgers (and Angels) is Ozzie Guillen.  Definitely controversial, but is a solid manager.  I'm not sure if the Dodgers would gamble on him and I'm not sure how great his relationship is with Hanley Ramirez.  

You want passionate though, he's the man  :laughing:

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:10 PM

Kemp home run? WTF? Is this real life?

yo.

#377 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:25 PM

LEGEND 

clayton-kershaw-dodgers.jpg

#378 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Kershaw lowest ERA of any pitcher since 1920 whos pitched at least 1000 inning. Freakin sick

Lol Ethier

iB4yrOueVD5aP.gif

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#379 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Kershaw lowest ERA of any pitcher since 1920 whos pitched at least 1000 inning. Freakin sick

Lol Ethier

iB4yrOueVD5aP.gif

I saw this on MLB TV about an hour ago.  Probably the funniest thing I've seen in some time in a baseball game.  :laughing:

#380 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,851 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 21, 2013 - 12:04 AM

Hahah he did the "hold me back bro"

Sorry badass hahah

2div

0 user(s) are reading this topic