3112 replies to this topic

#3081 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted February 28, 2014 - 02:01 AM

What debt is that idiot Arizona radio host talking about? 

Does he think the Dodgers owe the Dbags something because they jumped in their stupid pool?  Get the [expletive] over it. 

Does he think the Dodgers owe the Dbags something because of the brawl?  Need I remind these idiots who was responsible for that becoming a brawl in the first place...

If they try anything like this, even in Spring Training then Kirk Gibson should be suspended for the entire year and the Dbags organization fined something hefty, I'm talking millions of dollars...

I can't wait to watch the Dodgers stomp these fools all season...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#3082 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 28, 2014 - 10:17 AM

I'm enjoying what Arizona is saying, just means we have already beaten him psychologically before the season has even started. 

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 08:32 PM

Camelback Ranch, Arizona - Dodger pitchers fielding practice, conducted by new 'bench coach' Tim Wallach, and observed by Don Mattingly. All the pitchers take turns playing 1st base and 3rd base during the drills.

yo.

#3084 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 08:48 PM

The return of Matt Kemp’s swing 
March, 1, 2014

By Buster Olney | ESPN.com

Mark McGwire joined the Dodgers as hitting coach more than a year after Matt Kemp nearly won the Most Valuable Player Award in 2011, and the swing McGwire saw last year was very different from the powerful and unusually high finish McGwire recalled from the past.

McGwire explains it this way: A right-handed hitter drives with his left arm -- his lead arm – and steers with his right. When Kemp was at his best, he had been able to lift and drive the ball to right-center field. But last year, Kemp still seemed to be recovering from the shoulder surgery he had in the fall of 2012, and McGwire never really saw that classic Kemp finish. Rather, his front arm was noticeably lower in his follow-through, and, instead of lifting the ball, he tended to hit looping liners without much carry, a lingering sign that his repaired shoulder was not yet operating at 100 percent.

On Friday morning, before the Dodgers’ exhibition against the White Sox, McGwire saw that old swing again.

It appeared on a nearly empty practice field behind the Dodgers’ facility here. Kemp hit the ball hard in regular batting practice, and then, when some pitchers arrived to throw live batting practice, including Brandon League, Kemp continued to wreck the ball, mashing drive after drive to right-center field. Blasts from the past.

As Kemp finished his session and began collecting his bats, John Valentin -- the Dodgers’ assistant hitting coach -- walked over to where McGwire stood with a reporter and lifted his eyebrows as if to communicate “wow.”

“That was great,” Valentin said.

“Best I’ve seen,” McGwire responded.

Kemp, carrying his equipment, strolled over, smiling broadly. “That,” McGwire said to Kemp, “was awesome.”

“I told you, I’m a beast,” Kemp said. He looked at the reporter and pointed a finger -- like a good-natured reminder -- and said, “Don’t forget that.”

His swing has reappeared, but, because of his troublesome left ankle, there is still the not-so-small matter of the center fielder getting clearance to run outside. Kemp was scheduled to have an MRI Friday, as a checkup, and the Dodgers’ hope is that Kemp will be OK to run soon, to begin the process of rebuilding his legs -- in the way that he is seemingly rebuilding a devastating swing.

Don’t forget that. 

If Kemp can return healthy, this team is going to be incredibly scary. 

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 08:57 PM

^ Of course, but I'll believe it when I see it cause based off more than enough recent years now, he's shown to be injury prone. Here's to hoping I'm wrong certainly and he can finally turn that around for a change.

yo.

#3086 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:04 PM

^ Of course, but I'll believe it when I see it cause based off more than enough recent years now, he's shown to be injury prone. Here's to hoping I'm wrong certainly and he can finally turn that around for a change.

I hope you're this critical with Kobe when he returns.

#3087 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:07 PM

This all started when he ran full speed into the wall at Coors Field, sustaining a concussion and injuring his shoulder.

Everything is connected to that one incident.    He attempted to strengthen his shoulder, but didn't focus on his lower half, resulting in a pulled hamstring the following season which plagued him the whole year. 

When he returned, he had a bonehead moment by not running hard and ended up sliding late, jamming his ankle and further injuring himself (something you're taught not to do in little league). 

The good news is he is not rushing back this time around and will return when he's 100%.  As I've said before, the last two years have been rough for Kemp but people quickly forget that from 2008-2011 he played in no less than 155 games each season.  

He's a reliable player, I don't think the last two seasons define his ability to be an everyday player.  

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:09 PM

^ Whatever you wanna' label it or not, fact of the matter is he HAS gotten' injured way too much in recent years accidental doesn't matter. I'm just going off of the consistent trend.

I hope you're this critical with Kobe when he returns.

I won't be because to some extent it's less fair. Kobe is a heck of a lot older than Matt Kemp with way more wear & tear & mileage on him overall.

yo.

#3089 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:34 PM

^ Whatever you wanna' label it or not, fact of the matter is he HAS gotten' injured way too much in recent years accidental doesn't matter. I'm just going off of the consistent trend.

I won't be because to some extent it's less fair. Kobe is a heck of a lot older than Matt Kemp with way more wear & tear & mileage on him overall.

So is Kobe injury prone? 

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:35 PM

^ Not necessarily cause it hasn't kept him off the competition grounds unlike Kemp. Clear difference there.

yo.

#3091 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:58 PM

^ Not necessarily cause it hasn't kept him off the competition grounds unlike Kemp. Clear difference there.

But you said....

fact of the matter is he HAS gotten' injured way too much in recent years accidental doesn't matter.

What is your definition of injury prone? Because as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if a player misses time or not, but instead how often he gets injured. 

Kobe, like Kemp, had a torn labrum back in 2003 but happened towards the end of the season and affected him in the playoffs.  

One thing to remember is that injuries affect players differently depending on the sport they play.  A shoulder injury in basketball is different from a shoulder injury in baseball because of the range of motion you must display throwing and swinging a bat. 

You think Kemp is injury prone which is fine, I just think its unfounded.  From 1999-2004, Kobe had four seasons where he played in 68 games or less but none of us would call him injury prone. 

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 10:37 PM

Matthew Kemp has missed way more games by far throughout the course of his career than the Mamba. I consider injury prone to also include time on & off the court/field. Apparently either Matthew can't play through injury as well as Kobe like most athletes in general for that matter, or they're always too severe for him to even attempt to do so.

yo.

#3093 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 11:50 PM

Matthew Kemp has missed way more games by far throughout the course of his career than the Mamba. I consider injury prone to also include time on & off the court/field. Apparently either Matthew can't play through injury as well as Kobe like most athletes in general for that matter, or they're always too severe for him to even attempt to do so.

The games missed is irrelevant because it is two different sports with two different schedules. 

In 18 seasons, Kobe has played in 1,465 games while Matt Kemp in 8 seasons has played in 966 games.  You're talking about a sport where you could play 13 games in 14 days consistently. 

Like I said, injuries affect players differently.  Kemp's injuries, torn labrum, hamstring, and ankle injury, are all things that would hamper Kobe as well.  I will say that the ankle injury to Kemp is what concerns me the most because it was considered a career threatening injury due to where the fracture was. 

But like I said, you have your opinion. I know I'm not going to change it. 

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 12:00 AM

Yes. You are more optimistic about him than me, but one thing's for sure, we are both in agreement in hoping I'm absolutely wrong.

yo.

#3095 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 08:23 PM

Kemp's opposite field power is what makes him a stud and the rightful MVP of 2011.  If his shoulder is to the point now where he has that swing back then the Dodgers' offense is going to be something spectacular to watch this season...

2zi2dsm.jpg

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 01:28 AM

BhNN23NCQAALHd2.jpg

yo.

#3097 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,838 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 06, 2014 - 03:15 PM

Any you guys watching

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#3098 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted March 06, 2014 - 03:18 PM

Any you guys watching

Grand slam by van Slyke and moskos served up a 3 run bomb.

#3099 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts

Posted March 06, 2014 - 09:10 PM

Still waiting on Directv to get the Dodgers channel, I'm going to have to call them and complain tomorrow...

Edited by AnnoyingCustomer, March 06, 2014 - 09:11 PM.

2zi2dsm.jpg

#3100 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,838 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 06, 2014 - 10:58 PM

Still waiting on Directv to get the Dodgers channel, I'm going to have to call them and complain tomorrow...

Blame stupid TWC. Yesterday I was looking for the channel. I should've known.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users