3112 replies to this topic

#2961 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 862 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2013 - 10:34 PM

Haren was a great pickup to replace Nolasco.....Ricky was asking for way too much

#2962 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,392 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted November 26, 2013 - 02:31 PM

Punto Gone

Schumaker gone

Brian Wilson soon to be gone

#2963 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,972 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 02:54 PM

Punto Gone
Schumaker gone
Brian Wilson soon to be gone

The only player worth anything is Brian Wilson, but even him is very replaceable and inexpensive. Hope fully we can trade Either for some bench pieces to the Mets or Mariners.

#2964 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2013 - 09:16 AM

Wilson close to deal with the Dodgers!! He turned down the Tigers offer.

Great news!

• 40,416 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 02:54 PM

^ That's fantastic indeed! Surprising, but great news.

Sources said Wilson has made it clear to the Dodgers that he's willing to return to the team as a setup man in 2014, with an opportunity to take over as closer if Jansen falters or gets hurt.

http://espn.go.com/l...gers-close-deal

:rock:

yo.

#2966 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,972 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 03:56 PM

I hope the dodgers stick with Jansen as the closer. I always hated that they held a quick leash him. He's been a top 10 reliever the last 3 years.

#2967 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 862 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:49 PM

im really happy about getting Wilson back!

since the asking price has gotten lower for Cano i think we should sign him.........7 years 200 million??

then we move Guerrero to SS and Hanley to 3rd

#2968 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,972 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 09:33 AM

I don't want to sign anybody for 7 years 200 mill in their early 30s. I do hope the can get him for 5 years. I'm just scared of the dodgers collapsing like the Yankees did last year.

#2969 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 10:03 AM

I don't want to sign anybody for 7 years 200 mill in their early 30s. I do hope the can get him for 5 years. I'm just scared of the dodgers collapsing like the Yankees did last year.

Difference between the Dodgers and Yankees is that the Dodgers actually have a quality starting rotation and last year the collapse wasn't due to lack of talent but injuries galore for NY.  Granderson, Jeter, Teixeira, and Rodriguez were all injured.  When you lose those type of players, it hurts the team and the fact that it was four players of that caliber is crazy. 

Regarding Cano, I expect the Dodgers to make a run at him. He won't get $200 million, but he'll get just south of that for about 5-6 years.  A couple weeks ago, I didn't think the Dodgers would be in on him but with the Yankees spending money, ownership is going to try and one up NY.

#2970 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,972 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 10:17 AM

Difference between the Dodgers and Yankees is that the Dodgers actually have a quality starting rotation and last year the collapse wasn't due to lack of talent but injuries galore for NY. Granderson, Jeter, Teixeira, and Rodriguez were all injured. When you lose those type of players, it hurts the team and the fact that it was four players of that caliber is crazy.

Regarding Cano, I expect the Dodgers to make a run at him. He won't get $200 million, but he'll get just south of that for about 5-6 years. A couple weeks ago, I didn't think the Dodgers would be in on him but with the Yankees spending money, ownership is going to try and one up NY.

Almost proving my point, because all of those players you mentioned were in their mid 30s. It's just a giant risk giving players that much money when they're that old.

Do you really think ownership thinks like that? Lol, it's pretty cool if true. Nice to have owners that actually want to be the highest spenders, but I much rather have them throw money at Tanaka.

Edited by Icker, December 04, 2013 - 10:19 AM.

• 40,416 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 02:26 PM

I much rather have them throw money at Tanaka.

Yes, pitching should always be priority #1 over hitters.

yo.

#2972 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 02:31 PM

Almost proving my point, because all of those players you mentioned were in their mid 30s. It's just a giant risk giving players that much money when they're that old.

Do you really think ownership thinks like that? Lol, it's pretty cool if true. Nice to have owners that actually want to be the highest spenders, but I much rather have them throw money at Tanaka.

It's a giant risk giving any player that type of money, that's why I wish MLB would set some sort of cap on contracts.  To be fair the injuries sustained by Granderson, Teixeira, and Jeter were not really old age injuries.  Rodriguez on the other hand had a decline due to not being on PEDs anymore. 

And yeah I do think this ownership thinks like that.  Haha.  They know they are in a big market and have shown they are willing to spend the money.  The spotlight is on the Dodgers now.  They'll throw money at Tanaka too, wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Cano and Tanaka.  They'd rather throw money around rather than give up prospects. 

#2973 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,972 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 09:36 AM

NPB finally agreed to a posting agreement. Tanaka soon :)

#2974 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Im guessing one of the starters will go to the bullpen?

Kershaw

Greinke

Ryu

Billingsley

Beckett

Haren

or 2 if Tanaka comes aboard?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2975 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 09:50 AM

NPB finally agreed to a posting agreement. Tanaka soon :)

We'll see.  Tanaka's club was the only one to vote against the posting fee.  There's a good chance that they decide to not post Tanaka. 

I hope that isn't the case, but everything I've read is him not being posted.  Hopefully there is pressure from him and his agent on the club to post. 

#2976 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 09:52 AM

Im guessing one of the starters will go to the bullpen?

Kershaw

Greinke

Ryu

Billingsley

Beckett

Haren

or 2 if Tanaka comes aboard?

Kershaw

Greinke

Ryu

Haren 

Those are the locks for the rotation. Bills and Beckett may not even be ready for the season.  Personally, I think both of those guys would be great bullpen additions. 

Tanaka (if posted) and Price are options as of today.  The winter meetings start next week so that's when a lot of trades/signings will go down.

#2977 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,972 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 10:09 AM

Well it'll be either this year or next year, no way the club misses an opportunity at 20 mill. Honestly, giving him another year to be scouted instead of throwing a boatload of money at him would be the safest way to go.

Billingsley would be a great addition to the bullpen, I remember him being lights out a few years ago. Idk about Beckett, just something about him doesn't really translate well to a relief pitcher.

#2978 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Well it'll be either this year or next year, no way the club misses an opportunity at 20 mill. Honestly, giving him another year to be scouted instead of throwing a boatload of money at him would be the safest way to go.

Billingsley would be a great addition to the bullpen, I remember him being lights out a few years ago. Idk about Beckett, just something about him doesn't really translate well to a relief pitcher.

The reason I say Beckett is because he's not a power starting pitcher anymore but if you limit his innings to 1-2 per appearance, there is a very good chance that he can keep his velocity at 94-95 MPH (if healthy) for those appearances.  It's about getting his velocity to where it needs to be.  He hasn't been effective the last few seasons because he had a dip in velocity and needed to learn how to be a traditional pitcher opposed to a power pitcher. 

If Tanaka is posted, Yankees and Dodgers will go head to head.  The new rule would be if the Dodgers and Yankees put a max bid in for him, he would get to choose which team he wants to play for. The Mariners could be in play as well. 

#2979 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 11:41 AM

Brian Wilson agrees to terms with Dodgers 1yr $10m w/ player option for $10m

BrianWilsonDodgers-575x431.jpg

#2980 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,392 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted December 05, 2013 - 12:55 PM

I guess 10 million= 1 million to the Dodgers. Just handing them out like nothing.

Buuuut this means I can finally get a wilson jersey!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)