Photo

Los Angeles Dodgers 2013 Season Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3112 replies to this topic

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 10:37 PM

I really hope Kemp is healthy next year.

Hate to sound so negative, but at this point, that seems like a lot to hope for. He'll be healthy alright, but question is, for how long? He seems to be quite injury prone these days to say the least.

And we definitely need another SP

No worries. We already have him. In fact two, Billingsley & Beckett.

yo.

#2842 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:20 AM

^We should have crushed Beltran in the ribs with a fastball. If we had some balls, we would have.

Wouldn't have made a difference.  When you can't score runs you can't win, simple as that...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#2843 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:24 AM

Hate to sound so negative, but at this point, that seems like a lot to hope for. He'll be healthy alright, but question is, for how long? He seems to be quite injury prone these days to say the least.

No worries. We already have him. In fact two, Billingsley & Beckett.

There is no chance in hell the Dodgers front office sits on there hands and puts all there hopes for the 4th & 5th rotation spots to be filled by Bills & Beckett...

They'll go out and get another pitcher and let those 2 fight it out for the 5th spot along with Zach Lee, Stephen Fife, etc.

2zi2dsm.jpg

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:38 AM

Who is out there though? Who can they potentially go after?

I'm not very high on David Price anymore after his disappoing & inconsistent regular season as well as especially postseason.

I suspect they'll continue to pursue that rumored Asian star pitcher? Will he turn out like Ryu though cause I like Ryu, but I think we can do a little better for the #3 spot, at least I would hope.

yo.

#2845 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 02:02 AM

http://www.spotrac.c...arting-pitcher/

Pickings are slim on the FA market, intriguing names would be Kuroda, Hudson, Burnett, maybe Dan Haren?  

I don't think Price is a FA, he's arbitration eligible.  They'd have to trade for him, and if they have the opportunity to do so they should definitely pull the trigger...only if they don't have to give up Lee though. 

I'm not aware of the Asian pitcher you're speaking of, do you have a link?  

The front office will figure it out, they are determined to bring this franchise back to glory...

2zi2dsm.jpg

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 02:33 AM

^ Both the Dodgers & Angels are interested.

http://lakernation.c...32#entry1411542

yo.

#2847 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 03:45 AM

^ Both the Dodgers & Angels are interested.

http://lakernation.c...32#entry1411542

Thanks Cano...

After searching his name I came upon this:

http://tracking.si.c...asahiro-tanaka/

$60 million posting fee plus only $60 million for 5 years?  If the Dodgers want him they'll get him, [expletive] the Yankees and Angels...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#2848 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,182 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted October 19, 2013 - 09:42 AM

Matt Garza

#2849 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,798 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 09:58 AM

http://www.spotrac.c...arting-pitcher/

Pickings are slim on the FA market, intriguing names would be Kuroda, Hudson, Burnett, maybe Dan Haren?

I don't think Price is a FA, he's arbitration eligible. They'd have to trade for him, and if they have the opportunity to do so they should definitely pull the trigger...only if they don't have to give up Lee though.

I'm not aware of the Asian pitcher you're speaking of, do you have a link?

The front office will figure it out, they are determined to bring this franchise back to glory...

I don't think any of those names are better than billingsley.... Then again I am a homer. Like I know that Kershaw and Kemp are going to bounce back and be even greater next year. They're going to be monsters.

#2850 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,182 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 11:13 AM

would be funny if Dodgers signed Tim Lincecum

#2851 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:04 PM

I don't think any of those names are better than billingsley.... Then again I am a homer. Like I know that Kershaw and Kemp are going to bounce back and be even greater next year. They're going to be monsters.

If healthy Hudson & Kuroda are most definitely better than Bills...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#2852 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,798 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hudson isn't going to be healthy and they're both older pitchers. I rather go with Bills, he's a no. 2 guy in most rotations.

I don't get how Dodger fans can complain about Kemp's health, but want to bring in medical train wrecks like Tim Hudson?

Edited by Icker, October 19, 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#2853 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hudson isn't going to be healthy and they're both older pitchers. I rather go with Bills, he's a no. 2 guy in most rotations.

I don't get how Dodger fans can complain about Kemp's health, but want to bring in medical train wrecks like Tim Hudson?

Hudson will be able to resume baseball related activities next month.  He's not a medical train wreck, he suffered a freak injury.  Now Matt Kemp, there's a medical train wreck...

And Bills is not a No. 2 guy in most rotations, he's a 3 at the very best...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#2854 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,338 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'm not really sure we need another pitcher...We lost because of our bats, not our arms. I'm sitting here, scratching my head, trying to figure out what we can do about the discrepancy of us having the 5th best batting average in the league, while only being 16th in runs. We need guys with speed, guys that can hit, guys that aren't scared of the moment and can hit with RISP. Start stealing bases to try and eliminate some of those double plays, put on hit and runs, etc. Also, we might need another hitting coach.

Edited by leor_77, October 19, 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#2855 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:42 PM

I'm not really sure we need another pitcher...We lost because of our bats, not our arms. I'm sitting here, scratching my head, trying to figure out what we can do about the discrepancy of us having the 5th best batting average in the league, while only being 16th in runs. We need guys with speed, guys that can hit, guys that aren't scared of the moment and can hit with RISP. Start stealing bases to try and eliminate some of those double plays, put on hit and runs, etc.

The lack of run production is obviously the main problem, but the pitching most definitely has to be addressed.  They can't expect to do any better next year if they have to skip starters in the playoffs and pitch Kershaw & Greinke on short rest.  Koufax these guys are not...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#2856 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,798 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hudson will be able to resume baseball related activities next month. He's not a medical train wreck, he suffered a freak injury. Now Matt Kemp, there's a medical train wreck...

And Bills is not a No. 2 guy in most rotations, he's a 3 at the very best...

If anything, Kemp's injuries are freak accident. Messing up his shoulder for fielding a ball at the wall in Coors field. An injury that takes atleast a year to recover off, so we should of never expected anything from him this year in the first place. And then he goes and freakishly sprains his ankle on a play at the plate. How are these injuries make Matt Kemp fragile? I don't even think he was on the disable list in his career before that play at Coors and Coors field is known to kill OF. Guess were Puig messed up his shoulder as well? While Tim Hudson had 2 healthy seasons in a span of 5 years and about to turn 37, are you really going to say he's more durable than Matt Kemp. And then go on to say he would be a better option than Bills? But then again, maybe I'm just a homer,

#2857 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,073 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 19, 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'd start by firing Mattingly and go from there.

#2858 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,182 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 02:05 PM

Dusty Baker

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 03:27 PM

Anyone know Mike Trout's situation? I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind finding a way to get rid of Ethier & eventually pursuing Mike Trout. We could definitely pay him what he deserves unlike the Angels. Imagine Puig & Trout & Kemp and or Crawford?

Is it possible at this point in someone's career if they really want it, to work hard enough on their conditioning & what not specifically to target & improve speed? God I would love if enough people could seriously get in Adrian's ear & motivate him enough to improve upon his. He's just so painfully slow. Almost Mike Piazza status.

I'd start by firing Mattingly and go from there.

Wouldn't most of us like that, but sadly it ain't happening any time soon. I would like Tony La Russa for this team.

would be funny if Dodgers signed Tim Lincecum

He'd be fantastic as the #3 dude. Sure, why not? After all, two former Giants have already helped us tremendously & even saved us on a few occasions in Brian Wilson & Juan Uribe.

If anything, Kemp's injuries are freak accident.

Maybe, to some extent, but at this point he's been injured & out so much I just think it's fairer to say he's simply injury prone at this point, sadly. Freak accidents or not, it's happened too much not to say so.

yo.

#2860 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 19, 2013 - 04:50 PM

1) Trout isn't going anywhere for the next couple of seasons.  He is not eligible for free agency until 2018.  It won't be until 2016/2017 that the Angels would entertain trading him if they are indeed not going to extend him. If the Angels are smart, they'll do it sooner than later because the longer they wait, the more and more the Yankees become a real option for the east coast kid. 

2) Adrian Gonzalez is what he is.  He's 31 years old and unathletic.  I've mentioned this before but usually first baseman are pretty unathletic which is why they play that position.  It's not lack of motivation or anything like that. The guy is .300 hitter, hits 20 homeruns a season and drives in 100 RBI's consistently.  Players have holes in their games, speed is one of those holes for A-Gon.  There's a reason players like Trout and Puig are so hyped because they are one of few players that are the total package.

3) Lincecum as the #3 starter? Oh god no. Give me him as a 5th starter or out of the bullpen, but no way should he be a top of the rotation guy anymore.  David Price is the guy we need to go after.  Who doesn't want three Cy Young winners in their rotation? Wouldn't shock me if they went and got Price in addition to signing Tanaka.  Kershaw/Greinke/Price/Ryu/Tanaka? That is ridiculous. :laughing:

4) The injury prone talk is silly.  Kemp has had a bad two years.  How quickly people forget that before last season, he had 4 straight seasons of 155 games or more played.  The shoulder injury wasn't a nagging injury, it was a torn labrum that required surgery.  Kemp had nagging injuries this seasons which included the hamstring problem, along with issues with his repaired shoulder, and then him jamming his foot cause of laziness.  Injury prone to me are guys like Andrew Bynum who have conditions like degenerative knees that result in frequent injuries.  Kemp simply has had bad luck the last two seasons. 

Personally, I think Kemp focused so much on his shoulder that he didn't put enough focus on his lower half.  He'll come into spring training the healthiest he's been in a few years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users