Photo

Los Angeles Dodgers 2013 Season Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3112 replies to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:13 PM

Apparently Brian Wilson went over last night's game to the Giants' owner and had some words for him.

wilsonbaer.jpg

He was said to have been pissed over still not having gotten' his ring.

yo.

#2102 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted September 28, 2013 - 03:44 AM

Apparently Brian Wilson went over last night's game to the Giants' owner and had some words for him.

wilsonbaer.jpg

He was said to have been pissed over still not having gotten' his ring.

I was reading a statement from some Giants official claiming they've been trying to get it to him for 7 months...

But that's coming from the Gnats so I believe none of it...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#2103 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:03 PM

At the moment, looks like we are going to face Atlanta in the first round.

Cardinals won today and ATL is currently down.  Braves would need to win tomorrow and the Cardinals to lose in order to take the top seed in the NL (hold head to head tie breaker).

We did go 2-5 versus the Braves but that was in the first half of the season before we got healthy and started playing well.  Also in those seven games, they never faced Kershaw, faced Greinke once (W) and Ryu twice (W & ND).  The others were Magill twice, Fife, and Capuano.

Hanley played in 3 of those games, but only as a pinch hitter. Kemp was going through his struggles as well.  Our lone bright spots were Puig (who had just called up a few games prior) and Gonzalez.

It would be an interesting series no doubt because it would be a compeletly (healthy) team the Braves would be seeing.

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:45 PM

Somewhat surprising loss considering Greinke was on the mound for us, but he pitched a great game. Our offense just didn't do jack. I did expect at least one loss in this series though and certainly not a sweep imo, but I didn't expect the loss to come when Greinke pitched. Oh well.

Sorry to annoy again, but Wilson was lights out yet again, lol. That's a positive of course.

I was reading a statement from some Giants official claiming they've been trying to get it to him for 7 months...

But that's coming from the Gnats so I believe none of it...

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd really buy that too much either. I mean just how hard would it be to find a way to transport or get that ring to the guy for seven months let alone a couple of days even? They obviously weren't ever "trying" real hard.

yo.

#2105 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted September 29, 2013 - 12:45 AM

Somewhat surprising loss considering Greinke was on the mound for us, but he pitched a great game. Our offense just didn't do jack. I did expect at least one loss in this series though and certainly not a sweep imo, but I didn't expect the loss to come when Greinke pitched. Oh well.

Sorry to annoy again, but Wilson was lights out yet again, lol. That's a positive of course.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd really buy that too much either. I mean just how hard would it be to find a way to transport or get that ring to the guy for seven months let alone a couple of days even? They obviously weren't ever "trying" real hard.

I was at the game tonight, and I knew after last night's clubbing of the Rockies Donnie would send out a Mickey Mouse lineup tonight & he didn't prove me wrong...

No Puig (he did pinch hit but struck out), no Kemp, no Crawford, no Mark Ellis...

I felt really bad for my sister, who I took to the game (her first of the season as she's been busy wedding planning)...she had to sit there and witness that pitiful display lol...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 12:59 AM

When's the last time Andre Ethier played?

No Puig (he did pinch hit but struck out), no Kemp, no Crawford, no Mark Ellis...

He might've been a bit sore having fouled off a pitch twice in the same spot on his body recently.

I felt really bad for my sister, who I took to the game (her first of the season as she's been busy wedding planning)...she had to sit there and witness that pitiful display lol...

Yeah, but like you said, you sorta knew it was possible coming into the game knowing Mattingly would put a crappier lineup out there. They've been doing it a lot obviously to end the season so you probably picked a bad time of all times, lol.

yo.

#2107 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 03:56 PM

Worst news ever

https://twitter.com/...466280201191425

"To sum it up, if I keep playing on it, my ankle could break." -Matt Kemp on his status.

https://twitter.com/...466397268430849

Matt Kemp will be shut down for the rest of the season.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2108 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:05 PM

Wow.

That hurts quite a bit.

#2109 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:07 PM

Worst news ever

https://twitter.com/...466280201191425

https://twitter.com/...466397268430849

Yep, I don't believe that it just went on its own. He did something to re-injure it - Worst part is that it happened in useless games a few games before the playoffs.

#2110 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:07 PM

That one play where he didnt run home cost him the season. Shame

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2111 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:12 PM

That news sucks but honestly guys we don't need him. We completely turned our season around without him. They just need to stay mentally strong right now and be fully ready to go come Thursday. The last month has been mediocre but they know what they need to do to bring the title back to where it belongs and they don't want to let this incredible turnaround of a season go to waste. It's time to GET THIS DONE. Bring on the Braves!!! I'm so [expletive]ing ready for October baseball with the Dodgers in it!

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#2112 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Guys on the radio are saying they think it happened on that flyball he was running down on Friday.

#2113 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Skip Schumaker has to be the CF I think. Veteran guy with a couple rings, definitely the best option if Ethier cannot go.

#2114 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:13 PM

That news sucks but honestly guys we don't need him. We completely turned our season around without him. They just need to stay mentally strong right now and be fully ready to go come Thursday. The last month has been mediocre but they know what they need to do to bring the title back to where it belongs and they don't want to let this incredible turnaround of a season go to waste. It's time to GET THIS DONE. Bring on the Braves!!! I'm so [expletive]ing ready for October baseball with the Dodgers in it!

We had Puig hitting like a monster and also had Ethier. Puig is sucking really bad now, and Ethier isn't playing.

#2115 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:14 PM

Video of Kemp talkin about injury

http://instagram.com/p/e3S3iVwiJg/#

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2116 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:16 PM

Schumaker is gritty we have to roll with him at CF.  Time for veterans like AJ Ellis, Mark Ellis and Juan Uribe to step up. I think Puig/Gonzo/Hanley will do just fine

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2117 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:16 PM

Skip Schumaker has to be the CF I think. Veteran guy with a couple rings, definitely the best option if Ethier cannot go.

His lack of hitting lately is really concerning.

#2118 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:17 PM

We had Puig hitting like a monster and also had Ethier. Puig is sucking really bad now, and Ethier isn't playing.

We'll Leor_77 has given up on the post-season it seems like.

But honestly, what happened during the season is thrown out the window.  Thursday starts a new season.  First to 11 wins is the champion.

Just go out and play. I'll be there for game 3 and cheering my ass off.

#2119 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:21 PM

We'll Leor_77 has given up on the post-season it seems like.

But honestly, what happened during the season is thrown out the window.  Thursday starts a new season.  First to 11 wins is the champion.

Just go out and play. I'll be there for game 3 and cheering my ass off.

Where did I say I gave up? Our chances of doing something have obviously decreased significantly - If you don't believe that, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. Have you watched this offense struggling against these scrub pitchers lately? The pitcher today who shut us down had a 6.60 ERA going into today.

Edited by leor_77, September 29, 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#2120 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:34 PM

Where did I say I gave up? Our chances of doing something have obviously decreased significantly - If you don't believe that, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. Have you watched this offense struggling against these scrub pitchers lately? The pitcher today who shut us down had a 6.60 ERA going into today.

I know. That's what I'm worried about. Not that Kemp is out, but can we get back to playing the way were playing in July and August or at least SOMEWHAT like that. I hope to god the answer is yes

Edited by LakersChamps243, September 29, 2013 - 04:35 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users