Photo

Los Angeles Dodgers 2013 Season Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3112 replies to this topic

• 40,404 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Brian Wilson continues to show he's arguably worthy of more love. Let's all hope of course he stays hot when it matters most come playoffs.

Amazing lineup we've got out there tonight. Can't see us possibly losing this game.

yo.

• 40,404 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 10:47 PM

Talk about hardcore fan.

Dodger Stadium on head.

http://blacksportson...his-head-photo/

Dodgers-Stadium-Tattoo.jpg

yo.

• 40,404 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 10:07 PM

Where is everyone? These games still matter folks. Playing for that homefield. Atlanta lost.

Puig

2nd longest HR ever at Petco Park.

puig_hr_2013-09-21_sandiego.gif

Another HR for AJ. Crawford's average plummeting down dramatically.

Although it was the crappy Padres, still great to see Kershaw finally look back to his ultra dominant form again.

Dodgers lead the entire league with most shutouts.

Also, Brian Wilson with the save including 2 strikeouts. So lovely, so encouraging.

Edited by    , September 21, 2013 - 10:30 PM.

yo.

#2064 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,588 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 22, 2013 - 09:00 PM

NFL combined with the dodgers clinching early= dodgers getting lost in the shuffle.

They just need to be healthy when the playoffs start

#2065 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Final week of the regular season is upon us. 

Series versus the Giants starts tomorrow then we finish off with the Rockies at home. 

It's crucial that we start to find a rhythm and have some momentum heading into the playoffs.  Still don't know who we will face but I hope it's either the Cardinals or Pirates.  Those teams to me are the ones that we will for sure beat in a series, but I'll say this... Hope that the Reds have to go to the wild card and lose in that one game playoff.  Reds are the team I am worried about the most.  If any team falls behind to them, they are solid in the 7th & 8th innings and just forget about it when Chapman comes in, plus their offense is solid from top to bottom.

If this team is healthy, we can beat anyone, but I always worry about certain teams.  

None the less, I can't wait to see this team in the playoffs.  Dodger Stadium is going to be rockin' and I have tickets to game 1.  :woot:

• 40,404 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:54 PM

Atlanta lost again. We've still got a great shot at best record in the NL & hf advantage. We've got two more losses than Atlanta and one more loss than the Cardinals.

yo.

#2067 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 09:14 PM

Puig and Kemp go yard.  Ryu with the gem. Shut down 8th & 9th inning for Wilson/Jansen.

Beat the Giants. 

Good night for the Dodgers  :rock:

• 40,404 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 09:30 PM

That Brian Wilson's been absolutely incredible. It's as if he's gottne' back to his all-star level. Good thing he bounced back tremendously after that one blunder a while back. I honestly was concerned he had gotten' injured again or something. That outing of his was so bizarre. He just wasn't even close on location that day nor velocity.

Kemp's been incredibly encouraging since his return. I am more than happy I don't have to talk crap about him, lol.

yo.

#2069 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,360 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted September 24, 2013 - 11:31 PM

glad to see Ryu coming back around

• 40,404 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 01:49 PM

How impressive was Wilson though? Taking care of business like a boss 1 2 3 in an extremely hostile environment with tons of his former fans hating him beyond passion & rooting the heck against him. Guy is stone cold.

yo.

#2071 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,968 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 03:18 PM

I don't think Wilson has been that great lol. I feel like Paco (despite his recent struggles) and Withrow have been far more impressive.

• 40,404 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 04:35 PM

^ That's madness. Wilson has an ERA under 1, granted less appearances of course, but still. He's only messed up one time really while those guys have messed up plenty others in comparison as good as they are.

yo.

#2073 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,968 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 06:27 PM

You shouldn't put to much stock in era for relievers. Mike MacDougal from a couple seasons ago had an high 2 era, but allowed countless inherited base runners score. Keenly Jansen a couple years ago owned an over 3 era, but What was due to him blowing up a couple outings. Other than those instances he's been one of the most dominating relievers in the game. A good inductor of a reliever is whether he can strikeout alot of batters without walking many. And Brian Wilson hasn't struck out many until recently, which is great news, but does not portray the kind of dominance you like to claim.

#2074 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 06:40 PM

Wilson has been as solid as any other Dodgers reliever outside of Jansen as we head towards the end of the season.

The biggest thing regarding Wilson is his velocity is picking up which wasn't there when he first arrived. 

In his last five outings:

4.2 innings pitched, 14 batters faced, 6 K's and has allowed 1 hit.

I wouldn't classify Wilson as dominant, but he has been impressive to say the least.

• 40,404 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 06:55 PM

When did I say he was "dominant"?

You shouldn't put to much stock in era for relievers. Mike MacDougal from a couple seasons ago had an high 2 era, but allowed countless inherited base runners score. Keenly Jansen a couple years ago owned an over 3 era, but What was due to him blowing up a couple outings. Other than those instances he's been one of the most dominating relievers in the game. A good inductor of a reliever is whether he can strikeout alot of batters without walking many. And Brian Wilson hasn't struck out many until recently, which is great news, but does not portray the kind of dominance you like to claim.

Wilson has been as solid as any other Dodgers reliever outside of Jansen as we head towards the end of the season.

In his last five outings:

4.2 innings pitched, 14 batters faced, 6 K's and has allowed 1 hit.

d48onja.gif

yo.

#2076 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,588 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 25, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Lol

A guy In the stands got hit with a foul ball
Then. Later in the game, he got a second chance and Caught the ball

It was cool

#2077 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,968 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well not exactly, but you talk of him as if he's the reliever of the century lol

#2078 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 07:37 PM

Nolasco is going from potential #3 playoff starter to a long-relief candidate very quickly.

• 40,404 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Buster Olney from ESPN apparently said he expects Mattingly to be fired immediately IF the Dodgers are to not get past the first round. Says the Dodgers want to start to do things Steinbrenner style.

WTF is going on here? We should be dominating Zito and his terrible ERA despite us not having our strongest possible lineup out there.

Well not exactly, but you talk of him as if he's the reliever of the century lol

The reason I talk so great about him is because what he's doing is that much more impressive considering he's coming off of two Tommy Johns. That is something to definitely more than applaud.

yo.

#2080 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Buster Olney from ESPN apparently said he expects Mattingly to be fired immediately IF the Dodgers are to not get past the first round. Says the Dodgers want to start to do things Steinbrenner style.

WTF is going on here? We should be dominating Zito and his terrible ERA despite us not having our strongest possible lineup out there.

The reason I talk so great about him is because what he's doing is that much more impressive considering he's coming off of two Tommy Johns. That is something to definitely more than applaud.

If Dodgers were to lose in the first round, I agree that Mattingly is gone.  He's still not a very good manager and although the players like him, we aren't extending his contract just so he can get along with players.  He needs to be better with game management and just coaching IQ in general. 

Zito topping out at 85 MPH is throwing off the rhythm of the hitters.  The worse thing for a hitter is a pitcher that throws slow after facing guys that are all around 95 MPH.  I hate games where Zito pitches, doesn't matter if its the Dodgers or another team, the game is always ugly with him on the mound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users