#41 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 22, 2013 - 11:32 PM

Exactly. Media needs something to hype heading into Sunday's nationally televised game.

What is he stirring up though? Hes just saying he is in the same shoes with Dirk and he would not amnesty him even if it came with a heavy lux tax.
Posted Image

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,496 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 22, 2013 - 11:40 PM

Lakers play Dallas next. It's not a coincidence Cuban makes a comment about Kobe prior. Eventhough he wasn't saying what everyone is acting like he said.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#43 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,566 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 22, 2013 - 11:42 PM

The media have been psychotic in recent years. They're making stuff up, exaggerate everything and take almost everything out of context and then have the nerve to act as if they're "only" reporting things.

Look at LBJ. They build him up when he's in his early teens only to tear him down following "The Decision". And then they have the nerve to attack him for doing it. I remember listening to Stephen A, who was disgusted about the way he left Cleveland. But who provided LBJ with the platform to do this? I think Stephen A even could have been the guy doing the interview in "the decision". They're a bunch of [expletive]ing hypocrites.

Cuban basically said that the right economic move would be to amnesty Kobe. BUT, he also said that he would prefer to tank one season, rather than using the amnesty on Dirk, which is basically saying that Lakers shouldn't amnesty Kobe. That's how i read it, anyways.

#44 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted February 22, 2013 - 11:49 PM

If Kobe WAS amestied...

What would teams bid for him??

99.9% of his salary?
Every team in the NBA would put in a bid

#45 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 22, 2013 - 11:59 PM

If Kobe WAS amestied...

What would teams bid for him??

99.9% of his salary?
Every team in the NBA would put in a bid

Exactly the name alone fills seats all over.
Posted Image

#46 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,566 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 12:01 AM

A lot would have to go wrong for Kobe to be amnestied. But if we miss the playoffs and either Nash or Pau were to get a serious injury in one of the last games of the season and Dwight, Clark and Jamison signs elsewhere in the off-season, i think the front office might ask Kobe what he thinks.

I'm not sure how it works in Kobe's case since he has a no-trade clause, but if there is no way that the Lakers can put together a team that could even make the playoffs, i think Kobe would be open to the idea.

He would be a perfect fit on many close-to-contention teams, like Bulls, Atlanta, NY, SA and OKC and if it meant getting another couple of rings, i think he'd consider it.

#47 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted February 23, 2013 - 12:11 AM

thought of kobe in another NBA team uniform = devestating...

#48 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 23, 2013 - 02:19 AM

can mr. cuban please shut his mouth and deal with things which consider HIS team and not lakers stuff? cause he is a mavs gm and they have bigger issues now..so hed better shut his motuth!!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#49 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,177 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 23, 2013 - 06:11 AM

The media have been psychotic in recent years. They're making stuff up, exaggerate everything and take almost everything out of context and then have the nerve to act as if they're "only" reporting things.

Look at LBJ. They build him up when he's in his early teens only to tear him down following "The Decision". And then they have the nerve to attack him for doing it. I remember listening to Stephen A, who was disgusted about the way he left Cleveland. But who provided LBJ with the platform to do this? I think Stephen A even could have been the guy doing the interview in "the decision". They're a bunch of [expletive]ing hypocrites.

Cuban basically said that the right economic move would be to amnesty Kobe. BUT, he also said that he would prefer to tank one season, rather than using the amnesty on Dirk, which is basically saying that Lakers shouldn't amnesty Kobe. That's how i read it, anyways.

the way the media is currently blowing LBJ they have ALL made up for blasting him for "The Decision"
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#50 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,566 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 08:14 AM

the way the media is currently blowing LBJ they have ALL made up for blasting him for "The Decision"

You have a point, but LBJ is actually doing quite well this year. But, make no mistake, the media will tear him down again, if the chance presents itself.

#51 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,177 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 23, 2013 - 08:36 AM

You have a point, but LBJ is actually doing quite well this year. But, make no mistake, the media will tear him down again, if the chance presents itself.

i just dont see it happening unless he does an illegal act in life. but if he keeps his nose clean I expect him to continue to be a media darling.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#52 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 09:33 AM

Cubes was just feeling left out and needed some attention.

#53 Legendary834

Legendary834

Immortal

• 121 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 23, 2013 - 10:31 AM

I suggest Cuban better get ready to watch his team get smacked down on Sunday.

#54 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted February 23, 2013 - 05:06 PM

What is he stirring up though? Hes just saying he is in the same shoes with Dirk and he would not amnesty him even if it came with a heavy lux tax.

The fact that this thread is 3 pages now is proof that Cuban has said enough to get us to talk about it, regardless if it's truly controversial or not. And I'm sure this topic will be brought up by the commentators Sunday afternoon.

#55 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted February 23, 2013 - 08:35 PM

that would b

A lot would have to go wrong for Kobe to be amnestied. But if we miss the playoffs and either Nash or Pau were to get a serious injury in one of the last games of the season and Dwight, Clark and Jamison signs elsewhere in the off-season, i think the front office might ask Kobe what he thinks.

I'm not sure how it works in Kobe's case since he has a no-trade clause, but if there is no way that the Lakers can put together a team that could even make the playoffs, i think Kobe would be open to the idea.

He would be a perfect fit on many close-to-contention teams, like Bulls, Atlanta, NY, SA and OKC and if it meant getting another couple of rings, i think he'd consider it.

that would be nut if he got sent to the bulls. He would make them a power house. Imagine a rose, kobe, deng, booz/gibson and noah lineup.
Posted Image

#56 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 24, 2013 - 01:56 PM

RT @kobebryant: Amnesty THAT

LMAO

#57 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,140 posts

Posted February 24, 2013 - 02:00 PM

I love Kobe. He is awesome.

#58 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,351 posts

Posted February 24, 2013 - 02:01 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#59 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,351 posts

Posted February 24, 2013 - 02:01 PM

Mark Medina ‏@MedinaLakersNBA
Kobe Bryant on Mark Cuban: "I’m sure if he wants to amnesty Dirk, that’s something we’ll entertain."

Dirk on Kobe: "They should have listened to Cuban and amnestied this morning."

Edited by Chad, February 24, 2013 - 02:06 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#60 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,297 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted February 24, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Kobe Bryant@kobebryant

Amnesty THAT

0 user(s) are reading this topic