• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,100 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:01 PM

agents are all about money.

since he is in the last year of his current contract as a Laker, only LA can offer him a max contract of 5 years and roughly 118-120 million. The most any other team can offer him is 88-90 million for 4 years. Add that to the fact that the Lakers have made it clear Dwight is our future, we can pretty much assume we're gonna throw a max contract at him.

so what negotiations need to be made? that doesn't even touch the fact that LA is the media capital of the world, and DH (and his agent) can capitalize on way more then just the NBA.

contracts are more than years and dollars. there are tons of clauses, injury provisions and such that are negotiated. the Agent wants the most money but he also wants the best negotiating platform
Posted Image

#22 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,731 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:24 PM

the lakers have all but said that they're going to offer Dwight a max contract, which i'm sure comes with all these provisions you speak.

that's the best negotiating platform an agent can have. what is there to mull over? the rest of the competition offers 30 million less than what the Lakers can, except WITHOUT the pedigree of how the Lakers treat their superstars.

regardless, it's Dwight's decision in the end.

2div

#23 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,600 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:24 PM

Bynum in postgame interview, "Note to self: The more I play D, the better we'll be...

talk is cheap...

Posted Image

#24 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:28 PM

Bynum in postgame interview, "Note to self: The more I play D, the better we'll be...

talk is cheap...

Max contract isn't cheap though ;)

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#25 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,731 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:32 PM

personally, i'd be very surprised if Dwight didn't resign with the Lakers. [expletive] the drama the media always makes things out to be.

2div

#26 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:43 PM

someone's agent will not be happy

At this point, Dwight's agent doesn't care. He's going to get a max deal no matter where he plays...and at this point, I think the Lakers can offer the most money, Dwight can earn the most money off the court in LA and he will be 100% by the offseason.

At this point, his agent couldn't care less what Dwight says...he gets paid regardless.

#27 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 21, 2013 - 07:00 PM

He needs to work with Kareem and Hakeem.

Really? Where is the sky hook and dream shake?

He should also get in touch with Shaq on how to avoid getting stripped.

#28 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted February 21, 2013 - 07:19 PM

If he plays like he did last night, I would look forward to "years" with him. As far as I am concerned, it should not just be his decision whether he stays or goes. He has something to prove the last 25 or so games of this year. He should play like its a contract year, because it is.

not really. its a injured year for him above all else. and im not talking about the shoulder

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, February 21, 2013 - 07:20 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#29 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted February 21, 2013 - 07:23 PM

the lakers have all but said that they're going to offer Dwight a max contract, which i'm sure comes with all these provisions you speak.

that's the best negotiating platform an agent can have. what is there to mull over? the rest of the competition offers 30 million less than what the Lakers can, except WITHOUT the pedigree of how the Lakers treat their superstars.

regardless, it's Dwight's decision in the end.

its not really 30 mil. Cali has state tax, texas doesnt. reports are that he'll get an extra 3 mil here,but ive heard its more around 10.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dwight, Howard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users