steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,875 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:23 PM

http://www.slamonlin.../#disqus_thread

Never one to lack confidence, Kobe Bryant is certain that the Los Angeles Lakers — currently in 9th place, and trailing the surging Houston Rockets by 3.5 games in the standings with just 27 ballgames remaining —will qualify for the postseason. Once there, Kobe says that he’s not worried about going up against any of the Western Conference powers. From a Q&A with SI: “Dwight (Howard) hasn’t been the happiest of campers. How about your rep for being tough on teammates? Is that part of it? Bryant: ‘Look, I talk to him all the time. In his ear all the time, not so much now but early on. Pushing him quite a bit. That’s just how I am.’ [...] Can you get this done? And is it hard that after winning five championships you’re battling to make the playoffs? Bryant: ‘It’s not a question of if we make the playoffs. We will. And when we get there, I have no fear of anyone — Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Denver … whoever. I have zero nervousness about that.’ OK, that’s you, who has never been known for lack of confidence. Bryant: ‘But I’m not talking about just me. Us as a group. We will make the playoffs. And we will compete. And part of the reason I have that confidence is the Miami game [a 107-97 loss in Miami on Feb. 10]. We had control of the game. That was no fluke. We were playing very, very well. We were reading the defense, making the extra pass. OK, they have two great players [LeBron James and Dwayne Wade] who scored eight straight buckets and took control of the game. But we were right there. We can do it.’”

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#2 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:25 PM

I'll believe it when Rockets go below 500

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,320 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:41 PM

I agree that if we sneak in the 8th seed, in a 7 game series of coaching adjustments and strategy shifts it doesnt matter who we play....IF pau comes back strong and Dwight isnt a functional problem. We can beat anyone in 7 games if we can just [expletive]ing get there. But I do wish we had a coach who had a track record of making better adjustments and strategic choices.

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 21, 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#4 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,090 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Bryant: ‘It’s not a question of if we make the playoffs. We will. And when we get there, I have no fear of anyone — Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Denver … whoever. I have zero nervousness about that.

reminds me of Jordan's quote in '98 playoffs..

"We see and hear what people think of us that we don't have a chance. They still gotta come to the Chicago. Utah.. Indiana.. They still gotta come to the Chicago. I don't care what happens today or what happens in other series. They still gotta come to the Chicago."

#5 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hopefully this team can get there. If they do, then that would mean they will have gone on a nice run entering the playoffs and then anything can happen. But they also need some teams ahead of them to start slumping.

Posted Image

#6 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,383 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:48 PM

If we play with the fire we did last night then yes we definitely can

#7 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 21, 2013 - 01:08 PM

#countonkobe

#8 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 01:16 PM

Sorry - ZERO confidence in a team led by Mike D'Antoni in the playoffs. Kobe is the best, but he doesn't have the personality to rally the troops around him. That's when you need another leader that has everyone's unquestioned respect - a Phil.

#9 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 21, 2013 - 01:19 PM

False bravado

Pau Gasol is GONE

#10 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,701 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 21, 2013 - 01:37 PM

Sorry - ZERO confidence in a team led by Mike D'Antoni in the playoffs. Kobe is the best, but he doesn't have the personality to rally the troops around him. That's when you need another leader that has everyone's unquestioned respect - a Phil.

^This

#11 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,118 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 21, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Without some ref love it wont be easy that's for sure
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#12 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,283 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 09:29 PM

Posted Image

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#13 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,484 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2013 - 10:06 PM

There hopefully will and should be a whole new fire under this team after Jerry Buss passed away. Especially after Kobe's speech at the memorial. Make it to playoffs fellas.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#14 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,329 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 22, 2013 - 02:55 PM

There's some sorry Lakes "fans" up in here. SMH

Posted Image

veqdeg.jpg

#15 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,118 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:28 PM

finally Kobe returns to normal Kobe about damn time!

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,984 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 22, 2013 - 11:39 PM

Kobe only did that cause Nash's shot was off. That's when Kobe takes over. Nash did hit a clutch shot at the end though, seems him and Kobe trade off big shots to close games. Love to see it really.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#17 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,118 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 07:56 AM

Kobe only did that cause Nash's shot was off. That's when Kobe takes over. Nash did hit a clutch shot at the end though, seems him and Kobe trade off big shots to close games. Love to see it really.

yea sometimes when Kobe only tries to back his man down to get a shot off - it leads to turnovers & easy double teams in last 2mins of a gm. (Id rather see him face up his defender & take him off the dribble that way) to attempt to score. But its good to have Nash force the issue sometimes & not pass to Kobe late in 4ths & get his 1 legger fadeaways after driving in to keep defense honest & not just load up on kobe & force a bad shot. this makes it easier for Kobe to close the gm out & not have 4-6 str8 posessions where its give it to kobe & watch.

#18 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 23, 2013 - 11:00 AM

False bravado

Nah. It's genuine bravado. He is confident in his team and himself.

That's what makes him Kobe.

You may feel that all hope is lost and I'm sure you aren't as competitive as Kobe and you are likely not to be the " Kobe " of whatever you do

#19 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 23, 2013 - 11:01 AM

D'Antoni spotted Phil a 2 game lead in the playoffs and eventually the more talented team won.

Remember that?

#20 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 23, 2013 - 12:01 PM

You may feel that all hope is lost and I'm sure you aren't as competitive as Kobe and you are likely not to be the " Kobe " of whatever you do

Oh man, that was cold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users