Photo

Metta Shared A Bittersweet Story Of How He Found Out About Dr. Jerry Buss' Declining Health

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,605 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 21, 2013 - 01:11 AM

"We'd talk quite often," World Peace said when asked about late Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss after L.A. beat the Celtics 113-99 on Wednesday. "Sometimes we would get breakfast together, we would get lunch a lot together and I just remember one day calling for lunch and he couldn't come. He couldn't go to lunch and that was it. That was a long time ago and I found out what happened and I went to go visit him in the hospital. So, I told him when he got out (of the hospital) we were going to go back to breakfast, get some more breakfast or get some lunch. But that didn't happen."

World Peace said him and Buss would often meet at Bristol Farms for their meals and get together at least once every two weeks.

MWP has played for five different teams -- Chicago, Indiana, Sacramento, Houston and LAL -- and said he was closest with Buss out of all of those owners.

"If we continue to take on his personality, we'll continue to be successful," World Peace said.

Here's MWP's descriptions of his other owners ...

SAC: "The Maloofs, they're young and very involved, energetic. I love those guys."

IND: "I met (Herb) Simon, I met the Pacer owner once."

CHI: "I never met that owner." (Jerry Reinsdorf)

HOU: "He's funny. He's funny. He's not out front like the Maloofs are, but he's funny. You can sit and have a really fun conversation with him." (Leslie Alexander)

http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/7d9db070-f0c3-414b-a6ec-13cc61b8d0c6/?source=twitter

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,170 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 21, 2013 - 02:27 AM

Really nice story.

Metta's a great locker room and team guy. Nice story. Its interesting to know him and Jerry would always meet for breakfast and lunch.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users