Photo

Kupchak: "Howard Is The Lakers' Future" (Lakers May Choose Dwight Over Kobe If Ultimatum Given In Off-Season)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted February 20, 2013 - 06:39 PM

First of all let me preface my reaction with a couple thoughts:

1) How would they force Kobe out? A massive contract with a no trade clause, very hard to move. Only way I see it, is if they amnesty Kobe, OR they make Kobe so upset he agrees to be traded to a contender - but I really see Kobe just retiring if things get this bad.

2) Kobe is perhaps the most popular Laker globally of all time. I just can't see it happening.

Ultimately, if the Lakers were to make such a tragic move to keep Dwight, I would officially end my 20 some years of being a fan. Nothing would be more hurtful, backstabbing, and horrifying than watching Kobe, who dedicated himself to this franchise, and then for them to pick an unproven guy like Dwight....well, there would be no room in my heart for the Lakers at that point.

if this happens i can see him forcing a trade to the bulls. JUST IMAGINE

D rose, Kobe and Noah. Thats nut.
Posted Image

#62 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,772 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted February 20, 2013 - 06:40 PM

The only thing missing from this (expletive) show is a nice piece with Jim Grey. Imagine how much junk a round table with Grey, SAS, Bill Plashcke, and Chris Broussard could generate.

#63 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 20, 2013 - 08:26 PM

fakweeeee

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#64 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,773 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 10:44 PM

Yeah even howard wouldn't ask for it unless he can back it up ,hypothetically. Plus he knows how it would hurt the fans.

#65 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 20, 2013 - 10:51 PM

One thing people forget in this discussion, is the financial situation.
After the passing of Dr. Buss, the new owners (the Buss family) are going to be heavily taxed in order to continue ownership. There is also the new CBA, which includes reveneue-sharing (50 million/yr) as well as a luxury tax that may cost just as much, if not more than that.

Looking at the situation from a financial standpoint in this new CBA-age, i think moving/using amnesty on Kobe is a move that they're forced to consider, if it means keeping Dwight.

It would totally suck ass!

From a basketball-perspective, it doesn't make sense i think. Howard's popularity would plummet and there is no way the Lakers can get anything good back in return.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, February 20, 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#66 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,875 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 20, 2013 - 11:18 PM

this is the funniest thing Ive seen all week because it actually means that Obama, Binden and Pelosi dont read the crap policies they vote for and institute. Like a Health Care bill that was voted on and passed before it was even written. Thats a awesome image...lol

Who is Binden?

You mean the Binders full of women?

#67 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 21, 2013 - 02:28 AM

Mitch is really desperate to keep Dwight.
Posted Image

#68 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 21, 2013 - 04:38 AM

One thing people forget in this discussion, is the financial situation.
After the passing of Dr. Buss, the new owners (the Buss family) are going to be heavily taxed in order to continue ownership. There is also the new CBA, which includes reveneue-sharing (50 million/yr) as well as a luxury tax that may cost just as much, if not more than that.

Looking at the situation from a financial standpoint in this new CBA-age, i think moving/using amnesty on Kobe is a move that they're forced to consider, if it means keeping Dwight.

It would totally suck ass!

From a basketball-perspective, it doesn't make sense i think. Howard's popularity would plummet and there is no way the Lakers can get anything good back in return.

I agree with this. Ive thought about it to. The 6 Buss kids will vote to cut salary. The luxury tax is about to jump big for them because of our pay roll and were a 9 seed. Theyre not getting a return on the investment as far as the results are concerned (aka winning).
If we were a 4 or 5 seed with a +12 winning record I can see reasons why there would be justification against cutting salary.
But thats not the hand of cards were holding. Our hand is -3 games under .500 and 4 games out of 8th seed.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#69 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 805 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2013 - 05:17 AM

Imagine the Boo's that Dwight will get if he forced this issue

#70 Saber

Saber

O.G.