Photo

Kupchak: "Howard Is The Lakers' Future" (Lakers May Choose Dwight Over Kobe If Ultimatum Given In Off-Season)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,095 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Don't read The ESPN Enquirer...

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,338 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:35 PM

Shaq And Kobe part II
It seems Jim wants to start from the beginning. Wants to get rid of everything that has to do with his dad. Not promoting shaw, getting rid of the triangle, now the last piece . Get rid of Kobe .. Just saying

And what makes you think that? The make believe 'hypothetical' article? Or did you not read it too.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#43 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,419 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:41 PM

Shaq And Kobe part II
It seems Jim wants to start from the beginning. Wants to get rid of everything that has to do with his dad. Not promoting shaw, getting rid of the triangle, now the last piece . Get rid of Kobe .. Just saying

Yeah ok

#44 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:41 PM

Jim Buss said they will never trade Kobe. I remember him also saying that when asked about trades, he and Mitch have thought of all different kinds of possibilities and never thought of trading Kobe.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#45 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:44 PM

This guy is literally a kid

Gregg Popovich reportedly yelled several curse words at Dwight Howard during Sunday's All-Star Game, according to sources.

Popovich drew up a play for Howard during a timeout, but he was in his warmups not paying attention and socializing.

Howard's lack of focus has been alluded to by Kobe Bryant and others during his tenure with the Los Angeles Lakers.
RealGm

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#46 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,203 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:47 PM

this is the funniest thing Ive seen all week because it actually means that Obama, Binden and Pelosi dont read the crap policies they vote for and institute. Like a Health Care bill that was voted on and passed before it was even written. Thats a awesome image...lol

Hilary Clinton
Posted Image

#47 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:49 PM

And what makes you think that? The make believe 'hypothetical' article? Or did you not read it too.

sorry just thinking out loud.

#48 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:49 PM

Nothing in Kupchak's interview indicated that he was considering the possibility of trading Kobe.

Exactly. I don't know if some people just read thread titles and don't actually read these articles thoroughly but Mitch never said anything that Chad Ford specualates about. The key word I used is speculate.

Posted Image

#49 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,203 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:50 PM

What I posted above is a quote from Mitch man. I cant believe Mitch would have the audacity to say Dwight deserves a statue in some point in time.
Dwight doesnt deserve [expletive]. Do something. Earn the right to even be thought in the same light as Magic, West, KAJ, Chick and 1 day Jerry Buss and Kobe.
Its disrespectful to even contemplate Dwight in the same breath as those Lakers legends who gave us so much.

As far as the Lakers closing the door on KB. This is the Jimmy show. Jimmy owes KB24 nothing. It could happen. Do I believe it will? No. But its totally possible. Jimmy wants to start and cement his legacy. Shipping out KB24 and his $30/mill would get the ball rolling in a rebuild effort if thats the way he chooses to go. The HISTORY of the franchise isnt HIS story. It was Jerrys. Were in un charted waters now.

I was talking about the 2nd article which will never happen. Kobe and Jim buss actually have a normal relationship now
Posted Image

#50 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:50 PM

Yeah ok

Ok

#51 Rad

Rad

• 1,635 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:54 PM

Shaq And Kobe part II

.. what?

#52 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,052 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 20, 2013 - 03:00 PM

Orlando fans are really enjoying all this. From their viewpoint, it was entirely predictable. Not saying that Dwight does or says half the crap attributed to him, but I dont think I have ever seen a guy with the cloud around him like this dude.

Debbie Downer

#53 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 20, 2013 - 03:07 PM

Kobe is everything that we respect about Profesional athletes...

Howard is everything we hate about profesional athletes

#54 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,581 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted February 20, 2013 - 03:31 PM

Shaq And Kobe part II

You don't deserve to post here. Get out.

Posted Image

iyjywo.jpg

#55 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 04:33 PM

what makes you think I care what you say.

#56 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 20, 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hilary Clinton

touché. Hillbot.

I was talking about the 2nd article which will never happen. Kobe and Jim buss actually have a normal relationship now

yea, deep down I dont think even Jim could be that freakin dumb. Its almost like owner suicide....lol. But anythings possible so ya never know. But its not likely. I hope.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#57 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 20, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Miggs I actually understand your point of view. When Jimmy took over he made a concerted effort to disenfranchise himself with the accomplishments of his father and even more so Phil Jackson. If anyone denies that theyre semi delusional by what they want to see happen and not what they actually see happening.
However, I do believe axing KB would be horrible for him and the franchise both marketing wise and player personnel wise. Him nixing Kobe Bryant out would generate the 2 following questions from:

Fans like me: Call me "fake" or a "Kobe not Lakers fan" all ya want but I have about $20,000 in receipts from $ I spent being a fan over the past 17-18 years that say I was a Lakers fan because of their committment to their franchise players and the respect and class the organization carries itself by. Move Kobe before he can retire a Lakers for life and ALL that previous perspective dies because its Jimmy and not Jerry. The NBA would pretty much be dead to me.

Players: What super star wants to play for a owner that will abandon him in his twilight years?

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 20, 2013 - 05:40 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#58 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,419 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 05:26 PM

Because you responded to him.

#59 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,137 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted February 20, 2013 - 05:32 PM

True or not this very well could become a real scenario later on yet I don't see it happening, I think Dwight bounces before any of this happens.

Posted Image

#60 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 20, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Not a shocker...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users