#21 DameC24

DameC24

16!

• 532 posts
  • Name:Dame
  • Fan Since:When I seen my first Laker game on CBS
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted February 20, 2013 - 01:08 PM

Well the world got to see a little of what Kobe and CP3 can do in the court together. They played with a natural chemistry.

The reality is, if for some reason dwight didn't resign with us we COULD make a run at CP3 especially if the Clippers lose in the 2nd round again. But I won't hold my breath

I would love to see that. But I bet Sterling will throw the Brinks truck to him now.

#22 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 20, 2013 - 01:33 PM

He gave the the gm of the team, whoever it was, the power to make trade for the team. He makes a trade, a pretty decent one, and then Stern goes back on what he says. It [expletive]ed up the chemistry for Houston and the Lakers. It was unethical.

It was Demps. Do you have a source that definitively states that Demps had, without further consultation with/ approval by the owner, the unfettered ability and power to conduct any trade he wanted? If he had that power, that is news to me, and would far exceed the power of any other GM in the league.

I think the more likely scenario is that Demps was give the instruction to seek a trade for CP3 and get the best package he could, with a preference for young players and picks, and then bring the proposed deal to the owner. He did that. The owner didnt like the deal because it involved older players and higher salaries. The owner instructed Demps to look for a better deal involving young players and picks. He looked and he found one, which the owner then approved.

#23 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,817 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 20, 2013 - 01:39 PM

It was Demps. Do you have a source that definitively states that Demps had, without further consultation with/ approval by the owner, the unfettered ability and power to conduct any trade he wanted? If he had that power, that is news to me, and would far exceed the power of any other GM in the league.

I think the more likely scenario is that Demps was give the instruction to seek a trade for CP3 and get the best package he could, with a preference for young players and picks, and then bring the proposed deal to the owner. He did that. The owner didnt like the deal because it involved older players and higher salaries. The owner instructed Demps to look for a better deal involving young players and picks. He looked and he found one, which the owner then approved.

I know there are sources saying Demps had the power to fully make a trade....but too lazy to find it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users