Photo

Lakers Playoff Watch Thread; 7th seed... Bring on the Spurs!

• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#121 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,086 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 26, 2013 - 08:00 PM

Told you all Indiana wa a scary defensive team, I didn't want to call them the 04 Pistons but.... I'm starting to see it... No one is gonna want to matchup with them in the playoffs, they are subtlely 2nd in the East...

Lakers just need to keep winning right now and beat Minni on Thursday. If Houston and Golden State lose tomorrow and we win on Thursday its great!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#122 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,714 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 26, 2013 - 08:10 PM

^Long arms, height, young legs and good coaching.  Who are their coaches again?  Oh yeah, that Shaw guy ....

#123 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 26, 2013 - 08:27 PM

And in other good news, Dallas lost again tonight to Milwaukee.

#124 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,156 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 26, 2013 - 08:31 PM

And in other good news, Dallas lost again tonight to Milwaukee.

What does that have to do with anything?

#125 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 26, 2013 - 08:53 PM

What does that have to do with anything?

The fact that if Dallas were to win, they would be within one game of the Lakers, hence possibly battling them for a playoff spot. So it kind of has a lot to do with this playoff hunt topic.

#126 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,043 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 08:55 PM

Plus, I am sure we all enjoy seeing Cuban's team lose.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#127 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,086 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 09:25 PM

^Long arms, height, young legs and good coaching. Who are their coaches again? Oh yeah, that Shaw guy ....

Assistant coach and they aren't running the triangle. Your point? If there was one.

#128 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,714 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Assistant coach and they aren't running the triangle. Your point? If there was one.

Thanks for asking, Amensty!

I didn't say Brian Shaw was the head coach, so you are wrong on point #1.

Brian Shaw is the Associate Head Coach of the Pacers, so you are incorrect on point 2.  And the title means something, just ask Vogel.

I never alluded to any offense the Pacers are running, so your point number 3 is >>>what?

Shaw is almost singlehandedly credited with the development of Paul George and is considered an excellent communicator.  He works extensively with the Indiana guards, who are very fond of him.

He is part of a coaching staff that has put together one of the top ranked defenses in the league.

Gee, I tried to compliment you on one of your posts ... so ... what was YOUR point?

#129 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,086 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 10:54 PM

He is part of the coaching staff yet you only allude to him when you mention their coaches. Instead of giving credit to all coaches you mention only Shaw. He's an assistant coach regardless on how its tried to be spun. He isn't the head coach.

I give him credit though with his help on the guards, but he wasn't the sole reason they put together the defense they play today. So if you're gonna speak of coaches name them all, if you're gonna only single out Shaw to try to make a point you'll strike out on it.

So don't try that game please. "Who is their coaches? Oh yeah that Shaw guy."

Please don't try to act like you weren't singling out Shaw as the sole reason and then try to flip it like you meant everyone.

Know who we got working with the Guards on the Lakers? Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash. We're just fine there on that front.

So again, what was your point? Was it that the entire coaching and assistant coaching staff helped Indiana become a scary defensive team and Shaw is credited for working with Paul George? I agree :)

But your slick attempt at singling out Shaw is the prioritive reason and then backing up on it to try to make a point and say "I meant all the coaches" was usual for you :)

Nice attempt though :)

#130 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 12:29 AM

Jesus, Majesty.  Simmer down.

#131 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,156 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:08 AM

He is part of the coaching staff yet you only allude to him when you mention their coaches. Instead of giving credit to all coaches you mention only Shaw. He's an assistant coach regardless on how its tried to be spun. He isn't the head coach.

I give him credit though with his help on the guards, but he wasn't the sole reason they put together the defense they play today. So if you're gonna speak of coaches name them all, if you're gonna only single out Shaw to try to make a point you'll strike out on it.

So don't try that game please. "Who is their coaches? Oh yeah that Shaw guy."

Please don't try to act like you weren't singling out Shaw as the sole reason and then try to flip it like you meant everyone.

Know who we got working with the Guards on the Lakers? Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash. We're just fine there on that front.

So again, what was your point? Was it that the entire coaching and assistant coaching staff helped Indiana become a scary defensive team and Shaw is credited for working with Paul George? I agree :)

But your slick attempt at singling out Shaw is the prioritive reason and then backing up on it to try to make a point and say "I meant all the coaches" was usual for you :)

Nice attempt though :)

What is wrong with you?

#132 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,714 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 09:14 AM

^No worries guys, I enjoy drawing him into meaningless debates to let him rant. I could pick apart his last post, but I have lost interest at this point.  I do find it funny that he tries to strut his intellectual side and then makes up words like "prioritive" that dont actually exist.

So back to the Indiana stuff ....

Brian Shaw is demonstating in Indiana that he is an excellent communicator, leader and X's and O's guy.  There is a reason they named him associate head coach rather than just assistant coach.  He may not be the only reason, but he is one of the major reasons for that team's progress.  His ties to the Lakers, California roots, good relationship with Kobe, character and basketball acumen make him an excellent choice as the next coach, which (hopefully) is not too far off ....  He WILL be a head coach soon, and if it is not with the Lakers, we will regret it because all indications are that he will be successful.

To tie back to the OP's topic, Golden State found a decent young coach, maybe not the best character guy, but good coach ... why cant we do the same?

#133 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,156 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 09:38 AM

^No worries guys, I enjoy drawing him into meaningless debates to let him rant. I could pick apart his last post, but I have lost interest at this point. I do find it funny that he tries to strut his intellectual side and then makes up words like "prioritive" that dont actually exist.

This is exactly how I feel about him too. I think he doesn't get enough attention IRL.

#134 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,542 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted February 27, 2013 - 10:59 AM

It's funny to me that you try to be demeaning and then add those stupid smiley faces like you aren't being a total jerk.

Sorry if that's offensive, just being honest.

#135 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:37 PM

David Lee suspended tonight for game at MSF

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#136 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:38 PM

MSG oopa

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,383 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:38 PM

^ Just him?

yo.

#138 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yup

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#139 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,280 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:42 PM

Why he got suspended tho. what happened?

• 40,383 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:45 PM

Yup

Damn, wack.

Bjork: http://lakernation.c...warriors-fight/

Edited by    , February 27, 2013 - 01:46 PM.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users