Photo

Lakers Playoff Watch Thread; 7th seed... Bring on the Spurs!

• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#821 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,392 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:16 PM

Utah stole one in Golden state....damn so heres the rest of schedule for Utah....vs OKC, vs MIN, @MIN & finish season last day @MEM

Probably 2 losses out of those for Utah. Lakers have 2 almost guaranteed losses in a back to back and spurs. Gonna be real tough.

#822 KB_24

KB_24

Sixth Man

• 3,383 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:number 24

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:16 PM

we lost twice in phoenix :coffee:

My blood runs purple and gold...

Posted Image

#823 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Wait. Wasn't Utah supposed to lose to Golden State? This isn't going according to the script.

Wow I would never be able to tell that was sarcasm do you think you could you be a little more obvious next time? Yeah they were supposed to lose. They didn't, so give them credit. The Lakers are gonna keep fighting and find a way to get in. It's cool if you don't believe that, just post somewhere else. Don't act like you know more than anyone on here because Utah upset Golden State. You didn't think Utah would win either.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#824 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Utah isn't going to lose again this year, so they make it over us. tiebreaker

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#825 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 5,027 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:21 PM

Utah may win against Memphis. In the last game of the season , Grizz may rest key players.

#826 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,403 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:30 PM

Boy, did Utah pick a bad time for our sake to get blazing hot. They will (probably) lose against OKC - We just have to win out...Pretty much. If they happen to lose against Memphis on that last game, then we are allowed to lose one game, but I'm not even sure they would be playing for anything.

#827 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:32 PM

Probably 2 losses out of those for Utah. Lakers have 2 almost guaranteed losses in a back to back and spurs. Gonna be real tough.

Even w/ the Lakers' history in Portland, they've been really awful. If that's a guaranteed loss, then the Lakers shouldn't make the playoffs. The Lakers are 5-7 on the 2nd night of a back to back.

Posted Image

#828 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 419 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:32 PM

You can't lose games like we have ALL year and expect much. I will always hold out hope until we are mathematically eliminated or the last minutes of the last game.

But if I am honest I shifted into off season mode a while back..

The truth hurts but it is what it is. Been doing this since 1980 and have been very happy. Now we will find out who the true fans are.

Ladies and gentlemen this is where you earn your stripes, when your team is down.

Playoffs or not, I will still bleed forum blue and gold..

• 40,548 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:33 PM

Now we will find out who the true fans are.

Ladies and gentlemen this is where you earn your stripes, when your team is down.

Playoffs or not, I will still bleed forum blue and gold..

It's sorta noticeable already even on this forum. To be honest, ever since this team's been sucking, activity has dropped here dramatically and with a lot less posters.

yo.

#830 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:35 PM

Yikes. 

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#831 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:37 PM

This is going to be one [expletive]ty playoffs, especially if Rose decides to sit out the rest of the season.

#832 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,018 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:38 PM

Boy, did Utah pick a bad time for our sake to get blazing hot. They will (probably) lose against OKC - We just have to win out...Pretty much. If they happen to lose against Memphis on that last game, then we are allowed to lose one game, but I'm not even sure they would be playing for anything.

That's why I said the 9th is most important. One game swing.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#833 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:39 PM

If Memphis does not rest their starters, I still like our chances. Tuesday is big. If OKC beats Utah we are allowed 1 more loss. If not, we have to win out, simple as that. OKC had a big loss today fortunately and our now trailing the Spurs by 1 game so they will be ready for tuesday's game.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#834 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:43 PM

Other 2 variables to hope for:

- Hopefully Pop starts resting his players. They're neck and neck with OKC, but they apparently don't care THAT much about the 1 seed according to reports I've seen. Tony is injured, so he may be out anyway. Maybe he'll go further and rest Duncan.

-Hopefully Memphis is still fighting for something on the final day. They're one above the Clippers and one below the Nuggets, so it's possible.

Posted Image

#835 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 623 posts
  • Name:Kris

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:46 PM

I want us to make the playoffs, but like people have said before.... if we dont make it, dantoni is most likely gone so there's that.

Lakers til i die tho, ferreal tho.

#836 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:50 PM

It's sorta noticeable already even on this forum. To be honest, ever since this team's been sucking, activity has dropped here dramatically and with a lot less posters.

I think most people here just come here to whine. The activity level seems to be a lot less when the Lakers do win.

Posted Image

• 40,548 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:58 PM

That's true to some extent, however, say we were winning at a high level consistently and then we lose, the activity level would be higher than times like these, when it's unfortunately a bit more expected than usual for us to lose than to win.

yo.

#838 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:59 PM

Have a bad feeling OKC will throw their game away vs Jazz on Tuesday, does it really matter for them if they get the 1 or 2 seed? Houston/Utah in 7 and 8 much weaker than us and also they've already beat the Spurs in a road series (last year). I wish the West was easy like the East, we'd be a 7th seed over there

I wish the West was easy like the East, we'd be a 7th seed over there

Edited by MDI, April 07, 2013 - 07:01 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,548 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 07:01 PM

I think it does, for both them and San Antonio. Either one would rather play Utah than Houston, easily. Houston's a lot more energetic & they've got that x-factor who can take over at the end of ball games in bordering superstar James Harden.

yo.

#840 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,018 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 07, 2013 - 07:02 PM

D'antoni won't be gone.

Consider the luxury tax. The Lakers aren't gonna pay for 2 coaches to spend time at home for 3 years.

Ya'll teams would be bankrupt in the first year.

Besides the incentive of no training camp and injuries galore would keep them from firing D'antoni.

The bigger scenario is that they'd probably change up the roster a little(like getting Webster, letting Ebanks contract expire)

Off-season moves they'll make is getting rid of Ebanks, seeing what Jamison wants.

Roster changes in off-season, not coaching ones unless its adding nate mcmillen to the assistant coach staff. Don't think bernie will be back sadly. He'd be a great coach.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users