Photo

Lakers Playoff Watch Thread; 7th seed... Bring on the Spurs!

• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#721 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 31, 2013 - 12:42 PM

If we do our part we should get the 8th.

#722 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 31, 2013 - 02:29 PM

I don't really like getting into predicting W/L based off of future schedules.

But assuming that the Jazz beat every non-playoff team and lose to every playoff team (4-4), the Lakers would need to beat both teams that are at the bottom of the Western playoffs (Golden State and Houston) and worse. That would take the Lakers to 5-3, with losses to Memphis, LAC, and San Antonio.

That's probably not how it will work out exactly, but I think it's a basic look into how well the Lakers have to play from here on out. Utah has been very good in their last 4, so I don't even know if they'll lose to all of their games against good teams.

Posted Image

#723 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 31, 2013 - 05:51 PM

I don't really like getting into predicting W/L based off of future schedules.

But assuming that the Jazz beat every non-playoff team and lose to every playoff team (4-4), the Lakers would need to beat both teams that are at the bottom of the Western playoffs (Golden State and Houston) and worse. That would take the Lakers to 5-3, with losses to Memphis, LAC, and San Antonio.

That's probably not how it will work out exactly, but I think it's a basic look into how well the Lakers have to play from here on out. Utah has been very good in their last 4, so I don't even know if they'll lose to all of their games against good teams.

It's gonna take some sort of consistency but we can go undefeated at home the rest of the way if we have the right attitude and focus I'm very confident. We've beaten OKC. We've won at Indiana without Kobe. It's just a matter of will power at this point and D'Antoni finding some sort of consistency with the lineups like we had before Pau came back and he [expletive]ed everything up. 

Utah is playing better but I'm still very confident they will lose at least 2 more road games and at least 1 of their home games to Denver/OKC. The only reason they won last night was because Randy Foye was invincible from three. (8-9 for the game). SO that means we need to go 6-2. The Lakers are more than capable of doing that. If we are a focused team that knows we need to win we are a damn good home team. The Jazz are a great home team as well but we have more experienced players at the end of the day that know what it's gonna take to make the playoffs.

Edited by LakersChamps243, March 31, 2013 - 05:52 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#724 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,642 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 31, 2013 - 11:43 PM

Alright let's break down some nights and swing days shall we? The days that are stacked against us and the days we need to take advantage of.

Let's start April 1st

April 1st
Portland @ Utah

April 2nd
Dallas @ Lakers

Deck: Even
Importance: Big

Both us and the Jazz are expected to win these games, if either lets down it could be devastating.

April 3rd
Denver @ Utah

April 4th
Dallas @ Denver

Importance; Big

These are two games that can give us back a lead on Utah and shut Dallas out of the playoff picture(provided we win on April 2nd) as Denver is a good home team, the Dallas game seems forgone, the Utah game though is not as they are good at home.

April 5th
Memphis @ Lakers
Dallas @ Sacramento
New Orleans @ Utah

Deck: against us

This is a night where both Utah and Dallas are pegged to win. This means if we have a let down on any of the previous 2 games we could be staring at being a game behind or worse, important night where we either must secure a victory or pray that Utah and or Dallas had lost to Demver prior because they get that loss back this night(or should)

April 7th

Lakers @ Clippers
Utah @ Golden State
Dallas @ Portland

This is the night the space on Dallas would come in handy as Utah and us have equal challenges ahead of us and it could be a night both lose, if we win this game and Utah loses theres it could be worth an entire game of a lead or a catch, which at this point is vital. Especially since Dallas is favored.

April 9th
New Orleans @ Lakers
OKC @ Utah

This night coud very well be the deciding night.

The Lakers have what should be an east win and Utah have what seems to be a loss.

This is the night where the night prior comes into absolute full effect.

If we had won and the Jazz lost prior we'd have gained a game, on this night if we beat the Hornets and Utah loses to OKC that's a 2 game swing over the course of 2 nights.

And if it goes in reverse its a 2 game swing for them. So those two stretches may be the most important in the schedule as far as our playoff chances.

April 10th

Lakers @ Portland
Phoenix @ Dallas

April 12th
Denver @ Dallas
Minn @ Utah
Golden State @ Lakers

The 10th games are more or less by the script, expected wins for either, so we can't afford a let down.

The 12th games are deck stacked against us, we have a rough game against the Warriors while Utah has it relatively easy against the T'wolves. At this point the April 9th and prior stretch of games becomes vital because if we're still within a half a game within one another by this point its a dangerous situation..extremely! So we gotta hope we took care of the April 9th and prior game, could be vital here. By this point Dallas is in or out, so lets focus on Utah now.

April 14th
San Antonio @ Lakers

April 15th
Utah @ T'wolves

These stretch of 2 games is also vital depending on if we'd built ground by now, Utah basically has two gimmies they are expected to win whilst we have the rougher games, this is where whether we took advantage of the earlier gimmies comes back to help us..or to bite us if we didn't take care of business. Important stretch unless Utah chokes and we win,if that happens we're basically in.

April 17th
Houston @ Lakers
Utah @ Memphis

ONE GAME SWING in this game right here.

Tough game for either side and this is a potential one game swing, if we are a half game back or a half game ahead this is the night that will make or break us.

A win for us and a loss from Utah gives us a game up and we make the playoffs, the other way around and if Utah ties us in that one game or goes ahead, we miss the playoffs. This means even if we have one full game on Utah, it isn't safe unless Utah loses.

That is the significance of this night.

Vital games all around we MUST take care of the gimmies.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#725 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 01, 2013 - 09:40 AM

http://espn.go.com/n... ... Difference

#726 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 05:47 PM

Portland down by 6, leggo Blazers!

#727 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Were moving this to Houston where the Magic are down by 5.

They lose.

Back to Utah.

Edited by Jackson, April 01, 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#728 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 06:55 PM

Portland sucking massive cock. Those [expletive]ers are probably losing on purpose to try and screw us. Oh well they've essentially eliminated what little hope they had for the 8 seed by playing yet another [expletive]ty game.Losers. God it would be so awesome if we go in there next week and smash them. Probably won't happen but one can dream right?

Edited by LakersChamps243, April 01, 2013 - 06:56 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#729 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 06:58 PM

I hate that Aldridge was out for both of their recent games against Utah, yet he'll probably play against the Lakers.

It's not on purpose though, that's ridiculous. Players on the court don't throw games and Aldridge is legitimately injured as far as we know. They weren't completely out of it before he got injured anyway.

Posted Image

#730 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:04 PM

I hate that Aldridge was out for both of their recent games against Utah, yet he'll probably play against the Lakers.

It's not on purpose though, that's ridiculous. Players on the court don't throw games and Aldridge is legitimately injured as far as we know. They weren't completely out of it before he got injured anyway.

I'm not talking about Aldridge although I do agree with your point that it sucks he will likely be back for the game against us. I just wish they would put up a better effort especially after blowing a double digit lead to the same team in their house three days ago. No?

#731 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'm not talking about Aldridge although I do agree with your point that it sucks he will likely be back for the game against us. I just wish they would put up a better effort especially after blowing a double digit lead to the same team in their house three days ago. No?

Well, they aren't a very good team even with Aldridge. And, they are bad on the road. I wasn't expecting them to win this game.

Posted Image

#732 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Well, they aren't a very good team even with Aldridge. And, they are bad on the road. I wasn't expecting them to win this game.

Neither was I I was just hoping it would be closer lol. Just frustrating because they've lost to them twice in the last 3 days.

#733 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,206 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted April 01, 2013 - 09:56 PM

I have never experienced this as a laker fan

Even in the dark years of post shaq,

#734 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 01, 2013 - 10:01 PM

[expletive] the Jazz. If they make it they'll get destroyed by the Spurs. At least LA has a fighting chance.
htCCl0m.png

#735 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 10:56 PM

Neither was I I was just hoping it would be closer lol. Just frustrating because they've lost to them twice in the last 3 days.

Utah's win @ Portland hurt. I thought that could be an L for them. But, I read that Aldridge wouldn't be in that game. I let my hopes down. Then, they start dominating. But, Utah comes back and beats them.

Posted Image

#736 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,642 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 01, 2013 - 11:03 PM

Like I said in my breakdown above, todays game and tomorrows game we're expected to win :P

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#737 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 02, 2013 - 02:40 AM

If only we won the first matchup vs. Utah at Staples...That blowout loss in front of our crowd still hurts.

Edited by Nak, April 02, 2013 - 02:41 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#738 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,314 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted April 02, 2013 - 02:59 AM

damn utah hurts..

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#739 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,109 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 03:14 AM

[expletive] Jazz.

#740 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:42 AM

[expletive] the Jazz. If they make it they'll get destroyed by the Spurs. At least LA has a fighting chance.

based on what?  Certainly not their record, or the team that you have seen play 70 plus games this season.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users