Photo

Lakers Playoff Watch Thread; 7th seed... Bring on the Spurs!

• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#681 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 30, 2013 - 12:24 AM

Nothing ever comes easy as a Laker, that's why so many can't take the pressure.

Finally ready to admit the Lakers are in big trouble?

Posted Image

#682 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 30, 2013 - 12:27 AM

This is turning into an epic disaster. We went from being a projected championship caliber team to missing the playoffs, back into contention for a while after the all-star break and now back to probably missing the playoffs.

If we lose against the Kings, i think it'll be the last nail in the coffin for this team.

What happens then? Who knows. IMO, if Dwight decides to leave, which i wont hold against him, they might as well have a fire-sale. Lakers isn't about 8th seeds or first-round exits and i'd rather see the Lakers trying to bottom out next season and trying to get a high draft pick as well as sign a few big FAs, than repeating this abomination of a season - even if it means trading everything of value, including Nash and Pau, and using the Amnesty on Kobe.

[expletive] this [expletive]! And [expletive] D'Antoni!

#683 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,608 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 30, 2013 - 02:49 AM

Finally ready to admit the Lakers are in big trouble?

Only if Gasol continues to start. I already said when Pau returned that if he kept starting we'd go 2-8 in our next 10 and miss the playoffs.

So far we're 1-3

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#684 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 30, 2013 - 03:02 AM

The Lakers are 9th in the West right now.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#685 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 03:35 AM

Only if Gasol continues to start. I already said when Pau returned that if he kept starting we'd go 2-8 in our next 10 and miss the playoffs.

So far we're 1-3

There's always some excuse isn't there?

This team hasn't been good all season. That's all there is to it.

Posted Image

#686 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,608 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 06:39 AM

There's always some excuse isn't there?

This team hasn't been good all season. That's all there is to it.

Nope, just facts.

I already have put together analysis on "how" this team as constructed could work and it did for two months straight.

I also put analysis together on how the team is constructed why Gasol in the starting lineup doesn't work and I was right then as well.

Call it excuses if you want but when they did what I said they should do as the team was constructed they won for 2 months straight, when they went with what I deemed a recipe for failure and gave every reason why, they went 1-4.

Its not an excuse if I was right each time.

This team can be successful and has been successful as constructed when they had the roles right, Pau's return throws 2 people into weaker position and his lack of defense will cost us interiorly.

It ain't an excuse, there's a way this team can work and a way this team won't work. Until they go back to what did work they'll lose 1 of every 4. 1 of every 3 if lucky and would still miss the playoffs.

Just cause I refused to make it as black and white as you and was correct in bothh my analysis's doesn't make it a mistake, perhaps you just need to broaden your mind a little more to what did work for this team and what didn't and acknowledge what was what :)

#687 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted March 30, 2013 - 10:40 AM

Just win four more games so the Lakers can at least finish .500

#688 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,494 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000

Posted March 30, 2013 - 11:39 AM

9 game winning streak?

Posted Image

#689 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Nope, just facts.

I already have put together analysis on "how" this team as constructed could work and it did for two months straight.

I also put analysis together on how the team is constructed why Gasol in the starting lineup doesn't work and I was right then as well.

Call it excuses if you want but when they did what I said they should do as the team was constructed they won for 2 months straight, when they went with what I deemed a recipe for failure and gave every reason why, they went 1-4.

Its not an excuse if I was right each time.

This team can be successful and has been successful as constructed when they had the roles right, Pau's return throws 2 people into weaker position and his lack of defense will cost us interiorly.

It ain't an excuse, there's a way this team can work and a way this team won't work. Until they go back to what did work they'll lose 1 of every 4. 1 of every 3 if lucky and would still miss the playoffs.

Just cause I refused to make it as black and white as you and was correct in bothh my analysis's doesn't make it a mistake, perhaps you just need to broaden your mind a little more to what did work for this team and what didn't and acknowledge what was what :)

Even during their solid run, there were lots of bail outs by Kobe against terrible teams. And, they never beat good teams consistently even in that stretch.

The Lakers haven't played good basketball all season. IIRC, you think Pau and injuries are the only problems with this team. The Lakers' problems extend WAY beyond that. The Lakers aren't as terrible as they are if they were the only problems.

GOOD teams know how to cover up offensive/defensive problems of a single player or 2 and know how to win despite dealing with injuries.

Edited by Japago, March 30, 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

• 40,395 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 12:21 PM

Dallas about to go down to Chicago.

yo.

#691 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,644 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted March 30, 2013 - 12:32 PM

Wow Dallas crawled back with Dirk taking over.

• 40,395 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yikes! We're [expletive]ed once more!

yo.

#693 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 30, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Even during their solid run, there were lots of bail outs by Kobe against terrible teams. And, they never beat good teams consistently even in that stretch.

The Lakers haven't played good basketball all season. IIRC, you think Pau and injuries are the only problems with this team. The Lakers' problems extend WAY beyond that. The Lakers aren't as terrible as they are if they were the only problems.

GOOD teams know how to cover up offensive/defensive problems of a single player or 2 and know how to win despite dealing with injuries.

No one is saying we were a championship caliber team this season... but playoff team? Absolutely. There is no disputing that if you watched the 20 games Pau missed. During those games we were a playoff team that COULD give the Spurs a scare. COULD. That's a lot better than missing the playoffs outright... SO D'Antoni needs to stop being a dumbass and go back to the lineup that worked. It's not an excuse. It's obvious facts.

Edited by LakersChamps243, March 30, 2013 - 12:45 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#694 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 30, 2013 - 01:05 PM

Sorry Maj, this isn't a "team" never happened, no one has each others backs, more like finger pointing, I don't see leadership from Howard at all, weak mentally. Pau should have just come off the bench as it keeps a big in at all times, selfish players are losers. "The Bakers" should get a reward for the most turnovers in a season and without rookies too! lol hope this misery ends soon, I don't even want to read about the blow-out game 4 they will have. Peace til next season and beyond....

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, March 30, 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#695 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,608 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 01:23 PM

Anyway, tonight is even more of a must win to gain back our half game on Utah and game and a half on Dallas. Tuesdays game against Dallas is also huge.

But if we don't win tonight its all for nought.

Once again, with Pau starting, I don't see it. Defensively we're giving up 117 points with Pau in the lineup and only 7 of those shots are made three pointers.

That means INTERIOR D is destroying us. With Poau starting we gave up the most paint points in the league and im willing to bet 95 percent of it wasnt Dwight.

This Kings team is capable of dropping 120.. With Gasol in the lineup I expect us to lose again possibly giving up 115 and putting up maybe 100.

Till Pau sits on the bench we're not even a playoff team. Just how its been all year and will be till Mitch gets rid of him next year

#696 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 03:03 PM

No one is saying we were a championship caliber team this season... but playoff team? Absolutely. There is no disputing that if you watched the 20 games Pau missed. During those games we were a playoff team that COULD give the Spurs a scare. COULD. That's a lot better than missing the playoffs outright... SO D'Antoni needs to stop being a dumbass and go back to the lineup that worked. It's not an excuse. It's obvious facts.

I agree with most of those points. Majesty just takes it too far. I don't think he realizes this team needs fundamental change from top to bottom. He thinks the coaching/roster sans Pau is ok. This team has huge problems that keep them from being really good.

It's basically this: Even if the Pau problems were fixed, the best they are is bottom-level playoff team like Houston/Golden State. Fundamental change beyond Pau is required if the Lakers are going to be any better than that.

Posted Image

#697 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,608 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 03:13 PM

I agree with most of those points. Majesty just takes it too far. I don't think he realizes this team needs fundamental change from top to bottom. He thinks the coaching/roster sans Pau is ok. This team has huge problems that keep them from being really good.

It's basically this: Even if the Pau problems were fixed, the best they are is bottom-level playoff team like Houston/Golden State. Fundamental change beyond Pau is required if the Lakers are going to be any better than that.

Oh there's no doubt we'd still have problems but the difference is we'd have problems but we'd be a winning team with problems.

With Gasol back we are back to moral victories and being "punked" when for the past few months our progress had been that we were winning those close games where teams would bring their A game. But now we're back to cutting it close and having a moral victory.

That's the problem.

We aren't gonna be without problems, its the way the team is constructed, but the fact is we'd still be a winning team problems or not.

With Pau starting we're a losing team with "potential" and little chance of making the playoffs. With him off the bench we're a far from perfect team but a potential sleeper.

And I'd rather be the latter, imperfections or not.

#698 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,356 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 30, 2013 - 03:27 PM

We werent getting any better majesty, get real.
Now that kobe is finally suffering the grind of the season we are getting worst because he bailed us out in those close games
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#699 JaLakers24

JaLakers24

Rookie

• 15 posts
  • Name:Ja
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Dwight Howard

Posted March 30, 2013 - 04:36 PM

It was unnecessary for the Lakers to lose to the Suns and Wizards. After those few games where they showed their full potential, you thought they made it through all the struggles and were going to compete for the sixth seed but now we are back to square one. At this point I don't even believe they can win a game in the playoffs. We are going backwards for sure: 2010: champions, 2011: loss in WC semis, 2012: loss in WC semis, 2013: miss the playoffs or first round. 

I would love to be wrong! And hope the Lakers win the title in June!

#700 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 30, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Yeah I got you. Pau needs to be gone after this season. Should have been gone awhile ago.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users