Photo

Lakers Playoff Watch Thread; 7th seed... Bring on the Spurs!

• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#621 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:14 PM

The Lakers have to increase the rotation if they're going to give themselves a chance to win more games with less rest. The Lakers will continue to give away some games because of fatigue like the Phoenix game if the starters play in the high 30s or more every game.

Posted Image

#622 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,742 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 27, 2013 - 10:09 PM

Lakers won

Utah won
Houston lost
Golden State lost.

Ill take it. Let's win the B2B tomorrow.

Though Pau said he was "sore" after this game so I expect a 4 point 8 rebound performance tomorrow -_-

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#623 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 10:16 PM

Lakers won

Utah won
Houston lost
Golden State lost.

Ill take it. Let's win the B2B tomorrow.

Though Pau said he was "sore" after this game so I expect a 4 point 8 rebound performance tomorrow -_-

We need Utah to lose more than anything else. I'd take the other 2 teams winning if Utah lost also.

It's farfetched at this point to expect the Lakers to do anything but hang onto the 8th seed. Houston and Golden State have easier schedules and each have a 3 game lead.

Edited by Japago, March 27, 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Posted Image

#624 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,742 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 10:22 PM

We need Utah to lose more than anything else. I'd take the other 2 teams winning if Utah lost also.

It's farfetched at this point to expect the Lakers to do anything but hang onto the 8th seed. Houston and Golden State have easier schedules and each have a 3 game lead.

Yeah but both teams are struggling out of the all-star break.

I think it was Sacramento that Golden State lost to? It's not farfetched at all when you consider that 2 losses seperate us from both of those teams and the fact we play them both once.

That means that if we win those games(and they've lost one game from now till then) we'll have the tiebreaker on them and a gained game.

So it ain't as far'fetched as people act like it is.

Tomorrow we need to win though. If the Jazz get back to 500 but we're 3 games above 500(which we will be if we beat the Bucks) ill feel easier about it.

#625 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Yeah but both teams are struggling out of the all-star break.

I think it was Sacramento that Golden State lost to? It's not farfetched at all when you consider that 2 losses seperate us from both of those teams and the fact we play them both once.

That means that if we win those games(and they've lost one game from now till then) we'll have the tiebreaker on them and a gained game.

So it ain't as far'fetched as people act like it is.

Tomorrow we need to win though. If the Jazz get back to 500 but we're 3 games above 500(which we will be if we beat the Bucks) ill feel easier about it.

First, they each have 3 less losses than the Lakers.

And, neither of those teams have gone through 3 game losing streaks against horrible teams. They're not playing that badly either. Golden State has won 6 of 9, and Houston has won 8 of 12.

With the Lakers' April schedule, they'll be lucky to even hold onto the 8th seed.

Posted Image

#626 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,742 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 10:41 PM

First, they each have 3 less losses than the Lakers.

And, neither of those teams have gone through 3 game losing streaks against horrible teams. They're not playing that badly either. Golden State has won 6 of 9, and Houston has won 8 of 12.

With the Lakers' April schedule, they'll be lucky to even hold onto the 8th seed.

Don't think that will be a problem really.

Winning tomorrow is an important step though. And easy schedules don't mean a whole lot down the stretch. The Warriors just lost to Sacramento. Utah is struggling against any team and Dallas seems to be about to unseat them at the 9th seed, to become a .500 team.

Like I said if we stay above 500 im not worried.

They face a lot of "spoilers"

Whats important is that we stay healthy for the remainder of the season till the playoffs. Im still skeptical of Pau and like I said I expect him to play terrible against the Bucks. But Jennings is injured so our chances go up but we ain't won a back to back on the road all year so we'll see.

#627 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 10:48 PM

Golden State lost to Sacramento, but who did the Lakers lose to? Golden State and 2 horrible teams as well. I don't know why you're using that against them.

These teams aren't that great, but what are the Lakers?

Posted Image

#628 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,742 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:10 PM

Golden State lost to Sacramento, but who did the Lakers lose to? Golden State and 2 horrible teams as well. I don't know why you're using that against them.

These teams aren't that great, but what are the Lakers?

My point is it isn't far'fetched. Their winning is no more or less guaranteed. So it shouldn't be seen as insurmountable on the part of us to catch them.

I remember when we were one game to .500 and everyone acted like that one game lead Utah had on us would last the rest of the year. It didn't.

We're as liable to hit a hot streak as any other team from 6-8 and if im mistaken the Jazz just lost sameone due to injury as well?

Either way my point is there's as much chance for us to catch the teams ahead of us and easy schedule or not its possible. It's also possible for us to let down, but again the teams ahead of us ain't exactly world beaters at the same time.

Get what im saying now?

#629 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:38 PM

My point is it isn't far'fetched. Their winning is no more or less guaranteed. So it shouldn't be seen as insurmountable on the part of us to catch them.

I remember when we were one game to .500 and everyone acted like that one game lead Utah had on us would last the rest of the year. It didn't.

We're as liable to hit a hot streak as any other team from 6-8 and if im mistaken the Jazz just lost sameone due to injury as well?

Either way my point is there's as much chance for us to catch the teams ahead of us and easy schedule or not its possible. It's also possible for us to let down, but again the teams ahead of us ain't exactly world beaters at the same time.

Get what im saying now?

Thinking getting to the playoffs is impossible =/= thinking it won't happen.

The Lakers are as liable to hit a cold streak as any other team from 6-9. That's why those other teams spent most of the season where in the playoff standings and the Lakers outside of them.

Golden State and Houston are better teams, not playing that badly, and have a 3 game edge on the Lakers. It's very unlikely that the Lakers catch them, but not impossible I guess.

Before you diss other teams, think about where the Lakers are too.

Edited by Japago, March 27, 2013 - 11:50 PM.

Posted Image

#630 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:39 PM

i think we are only ahead of the teams in the 9th and 10th seed by 1.5 games

Posted Image

#631 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,742 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 12:33 AM

i think we are only ahead of the teams in the 9th and 10th seed by 1.5 games

2 if we win tomorrow. Let this be the first back to back we win please!

#632 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,742 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 12:35 AM

Indiana plays Dallas tomorrow as well.

A win and a Dallas loss puts us 2.5 games ahead of them I believe.

#633 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,742 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 12:45 AM

So let's layout the next few games.

Tomorrow:
Lakers vs Bucks(without Jennings)
Dallas vs Indiana

Friday:
Houston vs. Memphis
Utah vs. Portland

Saturday:
Lakers vs Sacramento
Chicago vs Dallas
Clippers vs Rockets
Nets vs. Utah
Portland vs Golden State

Monday:
Portland vs Utah
Orlando vs Houston

Alright, in terms of schedule, this weekend could be our last chance to gain some ground on the 7th and seperate ourselves from the 9th.

Therefore these next 2 games against the Bucks and the Kings could very well make us or break us. We have got to close March strong because their schedules get a lot easier in April.

If we successfully gain 2 games on 9th and 2 games on 7th we should have a safe cushion with 7 more games to go in the season(we'd have to go 2-5 at that point to lose positioning)

So thus these next 2 games are vital. And very possible. Let's go!!

#634 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,695 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 28, 2013 - 01:02 AM

Tomorrow:
Dallas vs Indiana

Friday:
Houston vs. Memphis
Utah vs. Portland

Saturday:
Lakers vs Sacramento
Chicago vs Dallas
Clippers vs Rockets
Nets vs. Utah
Portland vs Golden State

Monday:
Portland vs Utah
Orlando vs Houston

Alright, in terms of schedule, this weekend could be our last chance to gain some ground on the 7th and seperate ourselves from the 9th.

Therefore these next 2 games against the Bucks and the Kings could very well make us or break us. We have got to close March strong because their schedules get a lot easier in April.

If we successfully gain 2 games on 9th and 2 games on 7th we should have a safe cushion with 7 more games to go in the season(we'd have to go 2-5 at that point to lose positioning)

You just pumped me up. LETS DO THIS!

#635 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 01:36 AM

Tomorrow:
Dallas vs Indiana

Friday:
Houston vs. Memphis
Utah vs. Portland

Saturday:
Lakers vs Sacramento
Chicago vs Dallas
Clippers vs Rockets
Nets vs. Utah
Portland vs Golden State

Monday:
Portland vs Utah
Orlando vs Houston

Well, that April schedule is so tough for the Lakers that any ground they get before then will be erased by the end of the season. The Lakers will face a grand total of 2 games against opponents under .500, one of which is a Portland team that's 22-12 at home.

I don't see it.

Posted Image

#636 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,742 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 01:59 AM

Well, that April schedule is so tough for the Lakers that any ground they get before then will be erased by the end of the season. The Lakers will face a grand total of 2 games against opponents under .500, one of which is a Portland team that's 22-12 at home.

I don't see it.

Like I said, we win the next 2 games, there's a big chance we'd have to go 2-5 the rest of the way in order to miss.

I see it.

But we HAVE to win our next 2 games.

#637 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 28, 2013 - 10:03 AM

10 games remaining: 6 at home, 4 on the road. We gotta win at least 5 in LA and then try to steal 1 or 2 on the road. In fact, 7 out of the 8 games we have in April will take place in Los Angeles. If we win 7 games, we will make the playoffs. GO LAKERS!

Edited by Nak, March 28, 2013 - 10:05 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#638 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,324 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted March 28, 2013 - 04:55 PM

@tribjazz: Enes Kanter MRI confirms dislocated shoulder. He is out indefinitely.

#639 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:15 PM

Like I said, the Lakers will need all the help they can get just to make the playoffs. Forget about 6th or 7th place.

The Lakers will need help just to get the 8th seed. As of now, they don't even control their own destiny for that spot.

Posted Image

#640 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,124 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:16 PM

Dallas is slowly climbing up. It amazes me how we have 3x the talent than they do but yet they are right there. Ohh I forgot, they have a real coach........

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users