Photo

Lakers Playoff Watch Thread; 7th seed... Bring on the Spurs!

• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#561 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:27 PM

Lakers lose to suns

I hate this team
Even when they win it looks ugly

An when they lose, they lose in style

The heat are winning it all this year, and it makes me sick

Go be a Heat fan then.

Jeez

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#562 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Like I said, the Lakers still need to make sure they are a playoff team. I get the feeling some fans feel like the playoffs are a lock. They are far from it.

Posted Image

#563 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:43 PM

Like I said, the Lakers still need to make sure they are a playoff team. I get the feeling some fans feel like the playoffs are a lock. They are far from it.

This.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#564 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,805 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Go be a Heat fan then.

Jeez

I hate this year an version of the lakers
It has been an ugly year, going back, the worst laker year in almost 20 years when everything is taken into account

And we have a bad coach who cannot adjust

Going 7 man rotation in a back to back game with the lakers old legs is just not good coaching

#565 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,908 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Jazz lose.

#566 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:15 PM

Utah lost.

You still have to wonder the status of a team that could lose to an awful team like Phoenix by 23 points. There's just no excuse for that, even on a back-to-back.

Posted Image

#567 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:33 PM

Utah lost.

You still have to wonder the status of a team that could lose to an awful team like Phoenix by 23 points. There's just no excuse for that, even on a back-to-back.

Shows you why we need Kobe in tough situations like back to backs. Should have won regardless. But Utah lost which erases this game. Move on to the next one. 

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#568 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,311 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:54 PM

I hate this year an version of the lakers
It has been an ugly year, going back, the worst laker year in almost 20 years when everything is taken into account

And we have a bad coach who cannot adjust

Going 7 man rotation in a back to back game with the lakers old legs is just not good coaching

Bashing a 7 man rotation and forgetting the only other available players are duhon morris ebanks and sacre and bashing the coach for not playing them is just bad posting.

Id love to see what forum goers would say about you if you were coaching this team and decided to throw ebanks morris and duhon out there in the middle of the game :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#569 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted March 19, 2013 - 07:07 AM

Utah lost.

I wouldn't look into it too much.

6th game in 9 days, a back to back, coach using 7 players only, still no Kobe/Gasol, etc.

Not giving them excuses but all that stuff resulted in them just being off last night. Usually I'm upset about losses like last night but I could already see 5 minutes into the game that their legs were shot.

Yeah it's brutal they lost but I wouldn't go as far as to question the "status" of this team like you said. They have playing far much better and last night they laid an egg.

It happens, they weren't going to go undefeated the rest of the season, they still aren't THAT good.

#570 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted March 19, 2013 - 11:10 AM

I think we're all overlooking a few things - Even though Utah's schedule is very hard, they're kind of going through a lot of that rough patch right now, whereas we still have a very rough part of our schedule in April (i.e. we have GS, LAC, MEM, SAS, POR away, HOU). I think if we don't have at least a 3 game cushion (maybe even 4) on the Jazz, a lot of you are going to be in for an unpleasant surprise, because we could potentially fall out of the playoffs just because of our last 5/6 games, or so.

#571 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,311 posts

Posted March 19, 2013 - 01:27 PM

I wouldn't look into it too much.

6th game in 9 days, a back to back, coach using 7 players only, still no Kobe/Gasol, etc.

Not giving them excuses but all that stuff resulted in them just being off last night. Usually I'm upset about losses like last night but I could already see 5 minutes into the game that their legs were shot.

Yeah it's brutal they lost but I wouldn't go as far as to question the "status" of this team like you said. They have playing far much better and last night they laid an egg.

It happens, they weren't going to go undefeated the rest of the season, they still aren't THAT good.

Yeah I agree. We've been the best team in the west since All star break with a 12-1 record at home since then too. Been 2nd in the league defensively since then and 1st in the league over the last 5 games. All that doesn't disappear with one loss when we're exhausted and on no legs.

Last night was just a case of tired legs and running out of gas. Thats why the schedule gives us till Friday off. Our legs would fall off otherwise.

Edited by Majesty, March 19, 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#572 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 92 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old

Posted March 19, 2013 - 09:52 PM

Big week for the Lakers in Texas.

Tomorrow: GSW at SAS and Utah at HOU

Friday: Utah at SAS (also CLE at HOU)

Sunday: SAS at HOU and Utah at DAL

Unless Pop loses it a bit and decides he fears us more than OKC and rests his guys these games so we stay out, the Spurs could do some damage for us. Not to mention Utah taking on the Texas triangle. We MUST take care of Washington, and then the Golden State game on Monday could decide just how far up the ladder we can climb.

Edited by wvlaker, March 19, 2013 - 09:52 PM.

hey 

#573 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,805 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted March 20, 2013 - 01:43 AM

Id love to see what forum goers would say about you if you were coaching this team and decided to throw ebanks morris and duhon out there in the middle of the game :)

If I were coach i would be in the owner an gms ear constantly to get players on a 10 day contract, so see if we can find a useful player

If Ebanks, Morris, and scare are so bad they cannot play when the lakers desperately need a nba player, and the lakers have an open roster spot

This is a team of misshapen cogs, with a coach that can't adjust, and a ownership in a paralysis state of transition

Troy Murphy should have been signed as a backup center stretch 4 for dantonie, he is better then Clark or Jamison at center

Lakers are in a transion year
For most teams that's a top 5 draft pick
To the lakers, it's a bad playoff seed and an UGLY playoff exit

Our only hope is Kobe playing like the creates player of all time
Pau playing up to potential
Dwight maturing and imposing his will
Metta playing with his edge
And one of our bench players getting hot
And other faster teams losing their confidence in the slow playoffs

Dantonie is going to cost the lakes a game in a 7 game series

The west is stacked 5 or 6 teams with nba title hopes
In the west is the heat, and 7 teams that would be on the fringed of playoff contention in the west

For the lakers to get to the finals as a Lower seed they will have to take on 2 or three nba title worthy teams

Spurs, thunder, nuggets, clippers, grizzlies are all nba trifle contenders
Lakers warriors rockets jazz are all fighting

Lakers have Kobe, and they are in the hunt
Rockets with harden are serious, a rockets-thunder first round matchup would be the best thing ever

Golden state is great, but their greatness is the future, not he present
The jazz have Jamal tinsley as their starting pg in a pg league, that's bad, and even with 4 good post players, you can survive

It's Kobe or bust

#574 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 06:44 PM

Good day for the Lakers: Utah, Dallas, and Golden State all lost.

Posted Image

#575 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,311 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Utah is now at .500 and 2 games behind us now. Rockets are a game up on us but Utah is two behind us. Let's win against Washington now and increase the lead.

#576 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,135 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 20, 2013 - 06:56 PM

Alright lakers getting a good cushion on utah. Get it to 3-4 games and I think its locked up

Edited by bigfetz, March 20, 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#577 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,311 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Mike Trudell @LakersReporter
HOU beat UTA, & SAS took out GSW, so LAL are now: 1.5 up on UTA; 1.5 back of HOU; 2.5 back of GSW.

#578 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 08:04 PM

We are technically a half game up.  Utah owns the tiebreaker, do not forget about that.

#579 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,311 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 08:52 PM

We are technically a half game up. Utah owns the tiebreaker, do not forget about that.

I'd say it's still 1.5 because in 1.5 they are even with us, in which case they'd get the tie breaker correct? So half a game up is still half a game up on them. We'd actually be 2 games up considering if my math is right.

This means that if we win Friday and they lose then we're 2 and a half games up on them correct? Or is math off by half or so?

#580 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 21, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Big fetz nothins locked up with injuries and inconsistent play plus we are the youngest team in ...nevermind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users