Photo

Lakers Playoff Watch Thread; 7th seed... Bring on the Spurs!

• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#21 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 20, 2013 - 10:14 PM

So in the 8th seed you get #1 Spurs, see ya, if there isn't some miracle it wouln't matter if the LAKERS were the top seed in the NBA, playing inconsistent and really crap on the road. I would have traded Howard he isn't a real Laker more like its warmer here and he hoped it would be easy, but you have to work for it, dive for balls not get tossed out of games for silly reasons bring a lunchpail. Rambliss and Horry knew what it needed, these guys are finger pointers. i wanted Sloan as the coach, this dude isn't revising the mistakes much so far. and Phil is too old, sorry, but you can't go home again and again. break it up and get some trade value back. Until they win 5 games in a row I won't watch. I need to see some urgency some effort.

#22 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 10:16 PM

Phil is too old but Sloan is...? Sorry, not even going to bother replying to the rest.

#23 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 20, 2013 - 10:17 PM

So in the 8th seed you get #1 Spurs, see ya, if there isn't some miracle it wouln't matter if the LAKERS were the top seed in the NBA, playing inconsistent and really crap on the road. I would have traded Howard he isn't a real Laker more like its warmer here and he hoped it would be easy, but you have to work for it, dive for balls not get tossed out of games for silly reasons bring a lunchpail. Rambliss and Horry knew what it needed, these guys are finger pointers. i wanted Sloan as the coach, this dude isn't revising the mistakes much so far. and Phil is too old, sorry, but you can't go home again and again. break it up and get some trade value back. Until they win 5 games in a row I won't watch. I need to see some urgency some effort.

Prepare to get blasted following a good win.

#24 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:18 AM

Houston beat OKC, so did Utah... thunder doing that bs on purpose

[expletive] now that I think about it your probably right. They had a 12 point lead with 4 minutes left. I'm pissed getting within 2 1/2 games of them would have capped off a perfect night.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,649 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:26 AM

Let's just beat Portland friday so that we indefinitely get the 9th spot.

If we go 5-1 in our next 6 that can change wonders.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#26 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,450 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 22, 2013 - 06:00 AM

Is there a chance that teams would actually drop a game against teams like Utah, Houston and GS to prevent the Lakers from going to the playoffs? Personally i doubt it at this point. A couple of games dropped by OKC, like against Utah and Houston, could cost them home-court advantage against the Clips. Later in the season when the playoff-spots are more locked, i'm not so sure.

#27 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 22, 2013 - 06:52 AM

OKC doesn't care about the Clippers as much as they do about the Heat. The Thunder can beat the Clips in a seven-gamer, doesn't matter who has HCA.

But Miami is a different story, and there are only two teams that matter to OKC right now...Miami and San Antonio.

#28 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,450 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 22, 2013 - 09:17 AM

OKC doesn't care about the Clippers as much as they do about the Heat. The Thunder can beat the Clips in a seven-gamer, doesn't matter who has HCA.

But Miami is a different story, and there are only two teams that matter to OKC right now...Miami and San Antonio.

True, but what about San Antonio. The only team they dont want to meet in the first round is the Lakers and they're almost a lock to have home-court regardless of what they do.
They could rest their old guys, drop one in GS, make life a little harder for LAL and still end up with homecourt all the way.

#29 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,849 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:38 AM

Without Harden, OKC could lose to any team in the West, all it would take is a sprained ankle by Ibaka, Durant, or RW. They lack depth and I think they are built right.

Its reminds me of a bunch of young teams from the past who assume they can keep getting back to the Finals..Cavs, Sixers,Mavs9(pre-Kidd) etc

#30 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,542 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 22, 2013 - 05:56 PM

lol.. im pretty sure we could beat the spurs in the playoffs if we make the playoffs thus pulling it together.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#31 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 06:23 PM

[expletive]ing Houston is not cooperating. Come on Brooklyn. We really need to gain some ground NOW

Edited by LakersChamps243, February 22, 2013 - 06:23 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#32 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 06:33 PM

[expletive]ing Houston is not cooperating. Come on Brooklyn. We really need to gain some ground NOW

I would say that their opponents aren't cooperating. They beat OKC and are currently beating Brooklyn in Brooklyn.

#33 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 06:35 PM

I would say that their opponents aren't cooperating. They beat OKC and are currently beating Brooklyn in Brooklyn.

You know what I mean lol. We need them to lose and their not. Yeah it sure would help if OKC and Brooklyn would just take care of business though.

Edited by LakersChamps243, February 22, 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#34 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 06:41 PM

You know what I mean lol. We need them to lose and their not. Yeah it sure would help if OKC and Brooklyn would just take care of business though.

I know. In fact, we're not really cooperating. It seems that every time the Rockets lose, we lose also.

#35 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 06:48 PM

Great. Houston wins again. Not only are we gonna have to play excellent the rest of the way, Houston is going to have to falter at some point. And it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

#36 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,649 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 22, 2013 - 06:55 PM

Not worried about Houston we just have to keep winning. If we keep winning now till the end of the season we'll be fine. We just need to get a lock on that 9th spot tonight and keep winning from there. I'm not surprised Houston beat Brooklyn.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#37 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 07:11 PM

Your right we gotta just worry about ourselves. Lock in the 9th seed tonight. It's still [expletive]ing annoying they keep winning though we can never gain any ground. I'm not necessarily surprised they beat brooklyn but I am surprised they beat both okc and brooklyn I was expecting them to at least lose one of them. Maybe they'll lose when we least expect them to lol

#38 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted February 22, 2013 - 07:20 PM

So I guess tonight is a must-win.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#39 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 08:48 PM

So I guess tonight is a must-win.

Tonight and Sunday considering Monday at Denver is basically a guaranteed loss.

#40 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,542 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Warriors about to lose again.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users