#1 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,948 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:28 PM

Duolingo is a 100% free, scientifically proven web2.0 application that allows users to learn other languages in an effective manner.

Posted Image

An eight week study was independently conducted to assess the effectiveness of Duolingo as a language learning tool. The participants took one university placement Spanish language test at the beginning of the study and one at the end. The improvement of language abilities was measured as the difference between the initial and the final language test results.

The study estimated that a person with no knowledge of Spanish would need between 26 and 49 hours (or 34 hours on average) to cover the material for the first college semester of Spanish. Since a one semester university course usually takes more than 34 hours of work, this study suggests that Duolingo is more effective than university.

http://duolingo.com/

Edited by -Wade-, February 18, 2013 - 10:29 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#2 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:42 PM

gosh i thought it was gonna be another of those spam advertisement threads...but since wade posted i think he's pretty credible :P

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,948 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:45 PM

gosh i thought it was gonna be another of those spam advertisement threads...but since wade posted i think he's pretty credible :P

Haha those threads suck. Yeah, I'm no bot ;) Just ran into this application and have been using it for a few days. It is pretty slick, thought I'd pass it along

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#4 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:49 PM

i'm learning spanish in high school and in need of help, so i'll be checking this out. thanks

• 40,431 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Esto se mira muy bien. Gracias por ensenarnos. Ojala que lo miren muchos y quizas algunos lo usen.

yo.

#6 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,831 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 25, 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'm going to try it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#7 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,072 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 09:50 PM

Très intéressant :hmm:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Language, Education, Spanish, French, German, Portugese, Italian, Duolingo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users