32 replies to this topic

#1 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:26 PM

With 29 regular-season games remaining and the playoffs still in sight, Kobe Bryant is more determined than ever to prove he and the Lakers can become the force they thought they were.

Whether center Dwight Howard is a part of that attempted revival doesn’t matter to Bryant, sources familiar with Bryant’s thinking told FOX Sports Ohio.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has strongly nixed the notion that Howard could be moved prior to Thursday’s trading deadline. But if Kupchak changes his mind, he’d have Bryant’s full support, according to sources. Howard alone can hardly be blamed, and Bryant even admires how Howard has played through back and shoulder pain.

But sources say Bryant also wonders if Howard has the right approach, mental toughness and overall willingness to help the Lakers flourish in what has become their most important stretch.

Bryant is not alone in his concern, sources say. Nash, Pau Gasol and several others also seem fairly uneasy about Howard’s commitment to the cause.

According to sources, a number of Lakers have their doubts about whether Howard takes the game seriously and “wants it” enough for the challenges the team now faces.

However, sources say Kupchak has indeed taken several calls centered on Howard. So far, according to sources, Kupchak has quickly shot down any pitches.

Posted Image

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:27 PM

Media is REALLY trying to pile it on.

#3 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:28 PM

Pau Gasol should not be concerned about other people's mental toughness right now, just saying.

#4 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,553 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:30 PM

[expletive] sam amico honestly Kobe never said this, he said "it doesn't matter"

#5 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:31 PM

Fox Sports Ohio breaking a Lakers story ahead of ESPNLA or LA Times. This MUST be true!

#6 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:33 PM

I wouldn't be surprised. But, Kobe doesn't have the same kind of power anymore now that he's near retirement.

To be honest, I think Dwight can force Kobe out if that's what he really wants.

Posted Image

#7 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:33 PM

Kobe did say the other day he can careless if they trade Dwight or Not.

I don’t know what they’re going to do. At this point, it doesn’t matter, What matters to us is what we do on Wednesday, and go from there. That’s the most important thing, and that’s my message to the team. We can’t worry about the future, we can’t worry about the past. We have to focus on the present, Honestly I really don’t know what the heck is going on with that. and I can’t afford to. It’s a fine line for a player like myself to get involved in that situation, because now you become distracted of what exactly you need to do as a leader with the team you have assembled, So instead of wasting my energy thinking about what they might do or what might happen, I have to focus on the pieces that we have and how to reach every single one of them individually to bring out the best in them. If I don’t obsess about that, we can’t get nowhere.

Not exactly what you think Kobe would say especially comparing last year All Star Weekend when it was reported him and Bynum were getting close and bonding with each other.
Posted Image

#8 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,590 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Lol.

Who are these sources? Who actually knows this info other than the players and coaches in the locker room?

What is this source that knows Kobe is questioning Howard's mental toughness? Would Kobe really tell somebody that? And if he did, would that somebody really take it straight to the media?

This is all BS.

Edited by Massacre, February 18, 2013 - 10:36 PM.

iyjywo.jpg

#9 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:36 PM

Media overhype lmfao

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#10 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:39 PM

Keep in mind Kobe was ok when we thought Pau was traded and when Bynum was too.

It really doesn't mean anything. At this point, I think he just stays out of those things all together.

Posted Image

#11 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:47 PM

Dont blame Kobe. If kobe had any respect for dwight, i doubt he still has any. Dwight's lucky kobe didnt punch his ars like MJ use to do in practices with his teammates.

#12 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:48 PM

Where is the obligatory "multiple sources" Broussard photo hahaha... This is the biggest BS I have seen all year. Media can really be [expletive]ed sometimes
Laker fan for life.

#13 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:29 PM

Yeah, sort of seems like the writer just switched out "in my opinion" to "the Lakers" and "I believe that" into "sources believe that."

Its such BS. Kobe has said on more than one occasion that he knows how badly Dwight loves to win and It's their common ground.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:37 PM

In my opinion, I wouldn't be surprised if sources were saying this stuff BUT I really feel as if those sources come from teams that would love to see Dwight go their team or to simply leave the Lakers.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:38 PM

Kobe did say the other day he can careless if they trade Dwight or Not.

[url=http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/02/18/sheridan-bryant-ambivalent-on-howards-future-with-lakers/] [/font][/color]

Not exactly what you think Kobe would say especially comparing last year All Star Weekend when it was reported him and Bynum were getting close and bonding with each other.

Actually that looked mnore like Kobe saying he could careless what the media says and doesn't focus on any stories because all it'd serve to do is divert his attention off what's really important, his tean's next game so to set an example as he's the leader he doesn't get distracted by it and doesn't entertain the questions from the media whether the stories are true or false because he doesn't want to but ultimately because his team can't afford to have 'him' of all peopole unfocused and worried about what stories the 'media' prints.

It was actually an awesome perspecrive and answer.

How u turned that into "I don't care if dwight is traded" is beyond me..

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#16 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,878 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:41 PM

"Ship his ass out! Part Deux"
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#17 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:43 PM

I wouldn't mind it at all either if it's actually a GOOD trade. That's a huge if because I don't see any team giving much for a guy who is a shell of himself and would probably walk from whatever team he ends up with.
htCCl0m.png

#18 Rad

Rad

• 1,635 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:45 PM

lol at all this "he said, she said" nonsense. Media must be completely bored.

#19 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted February 19, 2013 - 03:09 AM

Ship is ass out

I wish we never traded for him
Be happy we got Clark

Cut our loses

At this point I wish we resigned sessions and never traded for Nash

You know the nba would rig it for the lakers to get the number one pick if we made the lottery

Trade Howard for the best we can get, he is walking this offseason

#20 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 19, 2013 - 04:26 AM

Its journalism. Just because they use the term "sources say" doesn't mean there isn't a credible source. It could mean that if the journalist identifies the source by name, the source loses his/her job and the journalist no longer has a reliable contact for inside information.
Or it could be complete lies like some of you are hoping. But if you've even worked in a newsroom you'd know confidentiality of who feeds you news is more important than the news. Its called job security.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users