jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 02:34 PM

I was thinking same thing lol. i want that warmup jacket for the collection

Yeah those jackets were nice. Kobe must of felt like a boss or should I say 5 star general outranking all the other all stars lol. He must of loved comparing his breast patch with everyone else's especially the 1st time all stars.

#62 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 622 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 18, 2013 - 02:37 PM

Exactly this. Great defensive effort, but otherwise it's just the ASG.

Wade broke kobe's nose so i dont wanna hear any of that its just an all star game noise.

#63 Rad

Rad

• 1,641 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 02:44 PM

Wade broke kobe's nose so i dont wanna hear any of that its just an all star game noise.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

#64 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 18, 2013 - 02:45 PM

They have them on the Lakers store. I wanted to get one but they like $250

good look thanks for the update
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#65 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,197 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:40 PM

People do that cause their "guy" got owned.

If LeBron had went out there and scored 50 ion Kobe they"d be saying 'the torch is passed' and praising Lebron left and right. But when Kobe shuts him down and exposing his lack of escape dribbles if you guard him the way Kobe did then people say "oh it was just a fun mess around game"

Its their way of refusing to acknowledge that Jordan was right and that LeBron still has flaws in his game cause heck FORBID any evidence that suggests he's not a complete player and that his style gets predictable.

The thing is, only a defender like Kobe or Jordan would see that and force him to his weaknesses.

Why did people think Kobe said he'd beat LeBron "easily" one on one? He saw what Jordan saw and now the whole league knows it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#66 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Its an ASG no one takes it more than fun, but guys are taking it seriously, its their nature. No one wants to lose.

Everybody wants the LeBron Kobe final and since they may not meet, this could be a sample of what both can bring against each other.

I have no doubt in my mind LeBron and kobe took it seriously. They both acknowledge what this mean to the fans..

But i wouldn't make a really big deal out of it ..

#67 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 622 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:55 PM

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

closing my eyes helps me sleep at night

stay free

• 40,556 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 04:32 PM

C'mon MDI, you've gotta' do better than that. Include TWICE in the topic title and include the video with BOTH blocks in the first post, please. Do the right thing.

If this was a REAL game, the refs would have called a foul.

I agree, a ticky-tack one at that, but yeah typical touch fouls that LeBron & Durant seemingly get more than anyone (especially Durant).

Edited by    , February 18, 2013 - 04:38 PM.

yo.

#69 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 18, 2013 - 05:37 PM

Kobe really exposed Lebron with something I noticed if you put a real ball hawk on him that can really pressure the ball Bron does not know what to do, look at the last few minutes of the Heats last game against OKC Westbrook pressured Lebron and Lebron was nonexistent.

Even MJ suggested that if you let LBJ drive right.....he goes to the hoop...dunk or lay up....make him drive left and its a jump shoot
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#70 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 18, 2013 - 07:46 PM

If LeBron had went out there and scored 50 ion Kobe they"d be saying 'the torch is passed' and praising Lebron left and right. But when Kobe shuts him down and exposing his lack of escape dribbles if you guard him the way Kobe did then people say "oh it was just a fun mess around game"

Its their way of refusing to acknowledge that Jordan was right and that LeBron still has flaws in his game cause heck FORBID any evidence that suggests he's not a complete player and that his style gets predictable.

The thing is, only a defender like Kobe or Jordan would see that and force him to his weaknesses.

Why did people think Kobe said he'd beat LeBron "easily" one on one? He saw what Jordan saw and now the whole league knows it.

Exactly if Kobe was defending Lebron that hard and Lebron torched him we'd be hearing about how unstoppable Lebron is and how he owned Kobe. Nobody is saying Lebron sucks or that Kobe is the better player still but Bron is not invincible like ppl wanna believe.

#71 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,197 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Even MJ suggested that if you let LBJ drive right.....he goes to the hoop...dunk or lay up....make him drive left and its a jump shoot

Time to see if the rest of the league takes heed since it was shown pretty much to be true. Least on that night

#72 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:04 PM

I don't think Kobe knew about LeBron's weakness driving left. If he did then why didn't he use it when they played the heat twice. MJ figured it out then Kobe gave it a try.

#73 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,197 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:45 PM

I don't think Kobe knew about LeBron's weakness driving left. If he did then why didn't he use it when they played the heat twice. MJ figured it out then Kobe gave it a try.

Probably because Kobe is obligated to match up with wade when the heat play us? In the all star game He could matchup against lebron more because we had guys at other positions that can hold wade in check and handle his speed.

The way our lineup is, if Kobe went to defend LeBron, metta isn't fast enough to stay on wade and nash would...yeah...

So that's why. IF we had someone like josh smith on the team we could match Kobe up with LeBron more simply because we'd have two defensive anchors on a drive to the basket which means wade and lebron would have to shoot jumpers.

But as we are designed, Kobe isn't gonna leave wade to be guarded by Meeks or even Clark for that matter(still a little green defensively though having amazing potential there)

Eventually we probably can but not as of right now. Outside of the all-star gane no team has two guys that can ultimately handle LeBron and wade seperately in a matchup sense defensively where those kinds of risks could be taken except Indiana.

Edited by Majesty, February 18, 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#74 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron

Posted February 19, 2013 - 04:51 AM

I don't give a crap if people say it's just an all-star game, Lebron clearly wanted Kobe 1-1 and he got stuffed. THANK YOU FOR THOSE MOMENTS MAMBA!

#75 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,761 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 19, 2013 - 11:52 AM

becausewe had Metta (no D) guarding him

#76 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 19, 2013 - 04:01 PM

becausewe had Metta (no D) guarding him

because its yr 17 he shouldnt have to pick up LBJ full court in a reg season gm. The refs in an ASG didnt "Wall Street bailout" LBJ with fake fouls! In a reg season gm they would have said Kobe fouled him on both blocks & they would have called him riding LBJ body contact on 2nd block.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users