Trade Dwight

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,430 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 17, 2013 - 07:44 AM

After Dwight abandons a sinking ship outta LAL and signs with his beloved wet dream Brooklyn Nets do any of you realize what we did? We traded Bynum for Earl Clark straight up. LMAO.
Drew wasn't injured when we made the D12 trade, so we probably could have landed anyone in the league + fillers.
Rondo, Chandler, Lopez, Josh Smith, Noah....take your pick.
Instead Dwights gonna bounce and we will have Clark.
Dwight will be responsible for forcing the LAL into a rebuilding process.
We traded away our biggest asset in Drew. An All Star center in Drew for for a chance to rehabilitate, kiss the ass of in hopes to resign Dwight a year later. Dwight whos just a over rated version of what we already had 7 years and about $75 million in developing Drew.
We all saw what Dwight did in Orlando. To a good coach and respectable franchise. We all saw the famous interview of SVG coming clean and Dwight being the biggest hypocrite liar the NBA world has ever witnessed on live TV. A picture tells a thousand words and we all should have seen what was coming down the D12 pipeline a bit better....
Posted Image
But we ignored the signs and hoped the enigma of LA and the history of our franchise would beat the odds and convince Dwight this was where he was meant to be. That the LAL fulfill his purpose. We were wrong.

And it doesn't matter what "he say she say" there is going on in the locker room or the media. I don't need SAS to tell me Dwights gonna jet to Broketown Crooklyn because hes not happy in LA and doesn't like Nash, KB, MDT and/or cant take the pressure. When I see his game on the court it says all that. Hes lethargic and sabbatical. His demeanor is of a player who doesn't give a damn and is just burning time. Every time we lose and he laughs, what hes planning on becomes self explicit. Or every time he shoots 3-13 from the FT line and bricks his next one and laughs it off like "oh well Ill get the next one" it becomes more and more apparent his heart to LA is like that of a future dead guys heart to a transplant victim. Its alive enough until it finds its real home.

In fact the entire season of Dwight Howard in purple & gold has been like a long blind date. Everyone going out of there way to kiss his ass and make him feel comfortable, needed and important so there will be a second date that leads to contractual intercourse and a long term relationship. Even KB, the greatest player of all time (imo) changed his game to get this guy going. To motivate him and nurse him the ball. But nothing changed in Dwights attitude. He continues to laugh. As if he is more important than the name on the front of the jersey, the banners that hang from the rafters or the retired numbers that hang on the walls.

The fact is Dwight is not important. Not at all. In the prism of LAL history and the D12 saga, Dwight needs the LAL much more than the LAL need Dwight. After all 18 points and 11 rebounds isnt hard to find. After he leaves to the Nets and probably never wins a title, the LAL get back to building CHIP teams the way they do better than any team in pro sports aside from maybe the NYY. The LAL organization will lick their wounds of a very bad gamble they made, knowing the odds were against them and move forward.

And before I hear all the tired "hes playing injured" excuses, please save your keyboards efforts. A bad shoulder doesnt make you NOT rotate on defense to fill a open lane. He was cleared to play, he did play and he sucked. And thats that. No more excuses. Nobody ever defended Bynum by saying "hes playing injured" while he was helping us win Chips against our rivals. So save it. Its a hollow excuse. The doctors said Dwight was good to go and he just never got going.

So this is my plea. Trade him before were left with nothing except Earl Clark for Bynum. And no offense to Clark. Hes a solid player imo. But hes not worth a straight trade for Bynum. So trade and get anything, anyone of value. Maybe someone else we can flip to make a real future acquisition. Dont bet against the odds again. Were gonna lose. Bet against the odds 1 time and fail, that's ok....we all take risks. But do it twice involving the same fickle, wishy washy, confused, not committed, lackadaisical, immature player that is now Dwight Howard and its inexcusable.

Trade him please. While we have the opportunity to.

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 17, 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#2 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 07:57 AM

Ibtl, and you should be banned

#3 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:02 AM

You sure Clark will sign with us ? :laughing:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,865 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:19 AM

Why is Dwight a hypocrite?

SVG came out to the media and told things that should have been kept quiet.

Magic got a championship coach fired.

Kobe didn't get along with the GOAT.

If Dwight walks. We got a starting Center for 2012-2013. Bynum is still not playing.

Bynum , like Howard is a FA at season's end.

If you're gonna make threads like this tell the full story

#5 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,865 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:23 AM

18,11 and interior D is hard to find.

Hypocrite? Lol.

Overrated version of Bynum or better version?

Who is bending over? No one has gone out of there way. No one.

#6 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:27 AM

Signs with the Nets? They have the 2nd highest payroll.

I hate to keep preaching it, but what are non-superstars going to do for the Lakers at this point? Nothing. No point in trading for them whatsoever. You either have somebody to build around in a few years, or absolutely nothing. Having only non-superstars on the roster in the next few years under big contracts will only hurt the rebuilding process. There's a reason why most of these kinds of players end up getting traded at some point.

You know what happens to teams trying to build around good non-superstars? They end up in mediocrity until they trade those guys later.

Edited by Japago, February 17, 2013 - 08:33 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:47 AM

you're overreacting big time, you don't know for sure that he is leaving; its not like we didn't get something out of the trade either cuz Bynum has yet to play and his career its over IMO, he will keep getting injured over and over and will be forced to retire so even if Dwight leaves I don't mind what we did at all.

Posted Image

#8 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:08 AM

And, I know there are questions about Dwight himself.

Still, the potential of having a guy to build around makes him easily worth it. 70% of building a championship team is finding that guy. People don't want to excuse him for his injuries, but it's been said this entire time that he wouldn't be back to great form for a long time.

The difference between him and Bynum is that Bynum has been injured nearly his entire career, so you have to factor in injuries when talking about Bynum.

Posted Image

#9 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:09 AM

He's not leaving for the Nets unless its thru a trade which we won't do. He could sign with us, Atlanta, or Dallas. Not too many choices and LA is clearly the best one

#10 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,523 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:19 AM

You know how clueless some people can be?
If you are referring the the situation in which Dwight told Rudy Gay blah blah blah (Stephen A. Smith)
All you have to do is have a little basketball knowledge to know that its false...
Stephen A. Smith: “I had a reliable source tell me this, Dwight Howard will categorically deny it, but I trust my source, when they were playing Toronto recently, he sat there on the court and told Rudy Gay, ‘You messed up bad man. You should have waited and ended up with me in Brooklyn next year."

All Think about it... the last time the Lakers faced Rudy Gay was January 23rd. He was a Grizzly
The last time they played Toronto was January 20th. So how exactly did he tell Rudy Gay courtside at the Raptors game?

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#11 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:38 AM

Really all we got was clark? I think we also got a center that has actually played this season as well...

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#12 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:00 AM

Signs with the Nets? They have the 2nd highest payroll.

With long term contracts

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#13 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:25 AM

Why don't you quit on the team like you did last season

#14 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,117 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:32 AM

just shut the hell up already. I would like to see any of you playing ball after major back surgery

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#15 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Why don't you quit on the team like you did last season

Don't see anything wrong with that really as the Lakers have no hope of winning anything at all, unless something major happens before the trade deadline, or some miracle happens

— think Pau will win the citizenship award

Edited by alec613, February 17, 2013 - 10:37 AM.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#16 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Bynum would have been an even bigger risk if we kept him. He has a LONGGG injury history, an even worse attitude, a disappearing game similar to Pau, and do you not remember him saying "there's a bank in every city"? The guy was going to walk faster than someone walking through a shady city at night. Dwight will not go to Brooklyn since it would be almost impossible. Will he re-sign with the Lakers? Hopefully. But to say that we are against the odds is ridiculous since we can offer him an extra year and an extra $30 million. Sounds like the odds are in our favor.

#17 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:58 AM

Isn't earl Clark averaging more than Bynum. Hell duhon has contributed more than Bynum
Posted Image

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:59 AM

Isn't earl Clark averaging more than Bynum. Hell duhon has contributed more than Bynum

Robert Sacre is averaging more than Bynum

#19 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hey, at least Bynum is an expiring contract :cool2:

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#20 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted February 17, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Overreaction much bro?

Meh, I shouldn't be really surprised with this forum.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users