Photo

2002 Playoffs: Game 6 vs Kings (Shaq w/ 41 & 17, Kobe w/ 31 & 11)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:34 PM

Are you kidding me. You know how many people on this board were saying dwight would be better than shaq when he came here.

No I'm not kidding you.

I do not remember one time where someone said Dwight would be better than Shaq when he came here, on this board or hearing it from someone's mouth.. If someone did indeed say that, they are not very intelligent or very young and naive.

#22 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:49 PM

No I'm not kidding you.

I do not remember one time where someone said Dwight would be better than Shaq when he came here, on this board or hearing it from someone's mouth.. If someone did indeed say that, they are not very intelligent or very young and naive.

Well then your memory is fried.

Several idiots on this board were claiming Howard would be better as a Laker than Shaq was. All summer really.
htCCl0m.png

#23 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 04:18 PM

I remember people saying howard has the POTENTIAL to be a better overall player than shaq... but for the most part-at the same time, those same people, said that they didnt believe dwight would dominate offensively like shaq (due to shaqs size, no one could match up).

#24 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 05:41 PM

Several idiots on this board were claiming Howard would be better as a Laker than Shaq was. All summer really.

You seem to have an issue with name calling in your posts. Best that you fix that.

#25 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:08 PM

If somebody said that Dwight was going to be better than Shaq, it wasn't a popular opinion. I remember the Dwight topic very well.

Never in his career has he shown the kind of offense Shaq had. So, I don't know why people would think that.

Posted Image

#26 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:12 PM

I don't recall anyone saying Dwight will be better than Shaq, but what I do recall is people, including myself, believing that Dwight will create a legacy for himself as another great center for the Lakers and join the ranks of his Laker center predecessors. Not necessarily being better players than Captain, Wilt, Mikan or Shaq, but more so being "immortal" amongst Laker fans.

#27 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:24 PM

You're a funny guy. You went from being one of Dwight's biggest supporters to one of his biggest haters. The flip flopping is crazy. LOL!

And like others have said, I didn't really see anyone say that Dwight would be better than Shaq. Most Lakers fans on this forum know how much of an unstoppable force Shaq was. Shaq in his prime was one of the top players ever in history. What I did see, was people saying that Dwight was and would be a better defensive player than Shaq and I can't knock anyone for thinking that.

Posted Image

#28 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,288 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:47 PM

You're a funny guy. You went from being one of Dwight's biggest supporters to one of his biggest haters. The flip flopping is crazy. LOL!

Lol owned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users