Photo

Do you think the Lakers should've put limitations on Dwight's availability at the start of the season?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 KeyNeezy

KeyNeezy

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Name:Key
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:30 AM

Like maybe the explosiveness & consistency would've been back by now if, at the start of the year, mike brown/bickerstaff/d'antoni/management limited him...I'm talking no back-to-backs, days off of practice, or give him a couple of games off if he had been on a 3-4 game stretch where he had played heavy minutes

I'm curious about what you all think?...Obviously this isn't the same Dwight (on the court) that we saw in Orlando...I mean a bad back took a player like TMac, who was in his prime physically, completely out and changed the way he played forever because he kept trying to rush back (always had the 'can't get out of round 1' staple)

I still have faith that we made the right move in the off-season and I do believe Dwight will re-sign..I'm sounding like a straight up apologist but I'm really cutting the guy some slack because that is a Dwight Howard shell out there most night in a Laker jersey. And it's really not his fault. I'm sure he wants to dominate but the body just isn't up for it right now

#2 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted February 16, 2013 - 03:08 AM

some limitations might have helped. but im not a doctor. doctors said no,OP

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#3 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,867 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 16, 2013 - 04:33 AM

in hindsight...
OF COURSE!!!

Would have given time for Pau to find his groove with Nash...

#4 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 16, 2013 - 06:22 AM

right now this question doesnt matter at all :smh:
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,701 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 16, 2013 - 07:41 AM

No.

No

#6 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,911 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 16, 2013 - 09:54 AM

Yes.

When we didn't have to give up Pau I thought it would be a good idea to give Dwight whatever time he needed to recuperate and let Pau play in the low post. I think we would've been fine.

Except, Pau was being a ninny (knees) and Nash broke his leg.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#7 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,701 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 10:16 AM

Dwight isn't delaying his recover by playing. He needs to play to get back INTO PEAK PHYSICAL CONDITION.

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,000 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 16, 2013 - 10:39 AM

Would have given time for Pau to find his groove with Nash...

lulz

Pau Gasol is GONE

#9 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,701 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 11:13 AM

If anything Pau played through injuries that hindered his performance and he broke down. Dwight still trucking.

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,310 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:59 AM

Dwight------------------>Garbage------------------>Door----------------------->Brooklyn

When that above sequence comes to fruition we face the fact we traded Bynum for Earl Clark.
Trade bumb Dwight now for anything of value before he bolts on his own and screws our franchise over. The dude is playing all of you.

#11 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,701 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:27 AM

Playing who? Everyone knows he is a FA. We got rid of Bynum bc he isn't close to a franchise player in his best year

#12 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:28 AM

Got rid of Bynum because he's injury-prone, and wasn't as marketable compared to Howard.
In hind sight, I would still pull the trade

long gone are the days when the Lakers front court, who were destroying any front court in the league, were called the best front court in the league.

Edited by alec613, February 17, 2013 - 10:31 AM.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#13 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:45 PM

The sad part about this whole thing I really thought Dwight would be more mature than Bynum I thought we were getting a hard working bigmen who would just go out there play hard and not make excuses

we got the exact opposite... Dwight pretty much spit in the face of the organization to be honest....

Jim Buss is pretty much giving Dwight anything and everything he wants and Dwight could care less and openly is looking to leave

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,701 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 02:24 PM

The sad part about this whole thing I really thought Dwight would be more mature than Bynum I thought we were getting a hard working bigmen who would just go out there play hard and not make excuses

we got the exact opposite... Dwight pretty much spit in the face of the organization to be honest....

Jim Buss is pretty much giving Dwight anything and everything he wants and Dwight could care less and openly is looking to leave

What did Jim Buss give him?

What numbers were Dwight putting up before he tore his labrum?

How do you know how Bynum would have played with a bad back and the scrutiny of a losing record?

What action of Dwight specifically was a spit in the face? Did Dwight ask to be a laker?

What has Dwight done equal to Bynum's elbow to Barea, three point attempt in a crucial game, and all the other things Bynum did, off and on the court.

He yelled at Nash and Kobe did as well.

#15 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 02:55 PM

What did Jim Buss give him?

What numbers were Dwight putting up before he tore his labrum?

How do you know how Bynum would have played with a bad back and the scrutiny of a losing record?

What action of Dwight specifically was a spit in the face? Did Dwight ask to be a laker?

What has Dwight done equal to Bynum's elbow to Barea, three point attempt in a crucial game, and all the other things Bynum did, off and on the court.

He yelled at Nash and Kobe did as well.

Jim Buss pretty much verbally gave him the keys to the Lakers organization

Overall this whole season torn Labrum or not he has not been the player I expected... I understand the back surgery being for his regression but effort is what really bothers me more than anything

When did I ever say anything about Bynum and him having to play with a bad back? that's very left field

When Jim buss pretty much put everything on the line for our future and pretty much gave Dwight the Decision either to Resign with us or walk and he still hasn't signed any papers with us and he still has not even HINTED he would resign with us... that is a spit in somebody's face if they would give a player so much power over a franchise based on their decision of resigning or not

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,701 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 04:52 PM

Jim Buss pretty much verbally gave him the keys to the Lakers organization

Overall this whole season torn Labrum or not he has not been the player I expected... I understand the back surgery being for his regression but effort is what really bothers me more than anything

When did I ever say anything about Bynum and him having to play with a bad back? that's very left field

When Jim buss pretty much put everything on the line for our future and pretty much gave Dwight the Decision either to Resign with us or walk and he still hasn't signed any papers with us and he still has not even HINTED he would resign with us... that is a spit in somebody's face if they would give a player so much power over a franchise based on their decision of resigning or not

Oh, well Kobe did the EXACT same thing.

Bynum was going to do the exact same thing as a Free aAgent.

Put it like this, have you heard Chris Paul answer about his future/ Him and Dwight essentially say the same thing.

EFFORT?

As Vice President Biden once said, you can question execution but not intention.

YOU DON'T KNOW what his back and shoulder do to limit him. I know one thing, I have seen Dwight get tired this season in the 4th, and in Orlando his physical conditioning was at it's TOP.

Listen, when players can't work out in the off-seaosn, you get seasons like Shaq in Miami -post title. Or Odom last season. Crawford and Felton last season. Amare was even 20 pounds overweight last season.

Remember when Ron couldn't make break away lay-ups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users