Dwight for Rondo has been discussed by Lakers / Celtics

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#161 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:04 PM

If Dwight wanted to be a Laker, he would have already said so and put all this business to rest. What's the downside of him coming out and saying he will be here long-term? All signs point to him leaving, people.

#162 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,345 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:13 PM

If Dwight wanted to be a Laker, he would have already said so and put all this business to rest. What's the downside of him coming out and saying he will be here long-term? All signs point to him leaving, people.

Not really.

Dwight could say that now, but what happens if something changes between now and July? There's no incentive to saying he wants to be here. Dwight doesn't want to be villified, that's what this is about. If he says he wants to be a Laker then leaves, he looks like a liar. If he keeps quiet and leaves, no one can really say he lied.

To the casual fan, of course Dwight should say he wants to stay a Laker and be done with it, but this is a business and that's the side fans don't get most of the time.

HIm not saying any thing has 0 releveance on what he will actually do. He's been told from the people around him how to answer those questions from the media and that's by not saying anything. It's a common thing in sports for athletes to do that. Not a big deal.

#163 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:16 PM

The one about his kid and CP3's kid playing together? Haha I wonder how Nash feels seeing as he is the current point guard of the team...
But nah, I remember when the initial trade happened and people thought I was crazy by calling them, potentially, the greatest backcourt of all time. Both have them have been top five players in the entire league this year and we wouldn't have to be hiding Nash from guarding his position. I'm surprised how fast it faded for Laker fans, I mean he's giving us a reminder this season playing in the same gym as the Lakers

People probably don't want to bring that up too much because of how good it could have been. Having that backcourt would have been amazing, but it didn't happen so it's probably best not to stay stuck on it lol

#164 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,039 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:17 PM

Not really.

Dwight could say that now, but what happens if something changes between now and July? There's no incentive to saying he wants to be here. Dwight doesn't want to be villified, that's what this is about. If he says he wants to be a Laker then leaves, he looks like a liar. If he keeps quiet and leaves, no one can really say he lied.

To the casual fan, of course Dwight should say he wants to stay a Laker and be done with it, but this is a business and that's the side fans don't get most of the time.

HIm not saying any thing has 0 releveance on what he will actually do. He's been told from the people around him how to answer those questions from the media and that's by not saying anything. It's a common thing in sports for athletes to do that. Not a big deal.

Not only that, it's probably the only leverage a player will have to making a team do what he wants to do during his entire career. The Nets had to do make a few major roster moves in order for them to keep Deron.

Edited by Japago, February 17, 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Posted Image

#165 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 04:08 PM

Chris Paul hasn't said once (I believe) that he wants to stay a clipper for life.

Difference is Chris didn't exit have a bunch of reports about not wanting to go to the clippers, and the clippers aren't losing
Posted Image

#166 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 17, 2013 - 04:12 PM

^I would assume that if the clippers were losing as bad as the lakers are, there would be "reports from multiple sources" that cp3 is "unhappy with his situation in la"

#167 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,310 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:52 AM

NONE OF THAT MATTERS IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR THE LAKERS

This.
All of these Dwight crusaders are gonna feel like they just got bootie waxed when Dwight signs elsewhere. Then the same people defending him as if hes the future of the Lakers franchise will be bashing him, crying, making silly little animated gif images to diss him and show their disgust. But everyone has a right to believe and hope for whatever they please. But reality comes and sometimes shes more of a fickle lil [expletive] than Dwight is.

#168 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,345 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:54 AM

This.
All of these Dwight crusaders are gonna feel like they just got bootie waxed when Dwight signs elsewhere. Then the same people defending him as if hes the future of the Lakers franchise will be bashing him, crying, making silly little animated gif images to diss him and show their disgust. But everyone has a right to believe and hope for whatever they please. But reality comes and sometimes shes more of a fickle lil [expletive] than Dwight is.

And if he re-signs here, everyone currently bashing him will go to loving him. It goes both ways.

#169 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,310 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted February 18, 2013 - 11:59 AM

And if he re-signs here, everyone currently bashing him will go to loving him. It goes both ways.

Thats true. Ill support him also. I gotta if hes on LAL. But to me hes just a supporting cast role player the way Drew was. or Pau is. Not this franchise player who can carry us. But regardless Ill hope he performs. Especially while KB is on the team and is the franchise marquee. But I truly believe w/o a doubt Dwights a goner.

#170 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,693 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 18, 2013 - 12:04 PM

If he doesn't stay, i would be sad, but I wouldn't bash him.

He hasn't done anything to deserve bashing in my view.

The fans who are so vocal may get their wish.

#171 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 292 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 18, 2013 - 12:19 PM

I just don't see the Lakers making big moves this year. They've made way too many so far. New Coach, New Point Guard, and New Center. Trading for someone who hasn't gone through camp and doens't know the system isn't very smart.

Also, if its for Rondo, he is out for a solid year. No fing way that he will be ready for training camp next year, let alone by Christmas. That is a silly trade for the Lakers.

#172 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,310 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 12:24 PM

If he doesn't stay, i would be sad, but I wouldn't bash him.

He hasn't done anything to deserve bashing in my view.

The fans who are so vocal may get their wish.

Man just because I look at the signs, his game play, attitude on the court and conflicting media reports doesnt mean I wish him to leave. Ive just kinda accepted its the probable situation. If he stays great. If he doesnt oh well. Like you said I'm not even mad at the guy mainly because I cant find reason for him to want to stay. We suck....lol. Why would he in his prime wanna be supported by a 35, 40, 33 and 34 year old next season?
Thats gotta be a record for geezers on the same team...lol
If we had atleast qualified and made a 5 seed or something then we would have grounds to believe he could contemplate getting a chip. but we sucked....and showed were major injury prone with Nash+Pau.
Thats why I just hope we can get anything for him. But maybe we dont want anything. Maybe its time to suck it up, let KB take us as far as he can and wait for the lottery for a few years...lol. I'm ok with that to.

#173 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,871 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 18, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Dwight apparently has no interest in Atlanta which makes the Hawks more likely to trade him before or by Thursday

http://www.sbnation....e-deadline-2013

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#174 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 18, 2013 - 01:29 PM

To be honest I'm not saying he's going to resign when everything he's done up to this point says otherwise....

I'll be happy if he stays and I won't be surprised if he leaves

#175 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 01:41 PM

Problem with smith is you better win a title in the next 2 years because smith isn't a championship #1 or #2 option. But he's demanding close to Max money.

So he ties up your cap but him and Howard arent winning a damn thing once Kobe retires so your stuck in mediocrity
Posted Image

#176 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,024 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 01:55 PM

Sources say that Howard now believes winning must be his top priority in making a free agent decision. Howard will consider the path for the Lakers to compete and his decision will be based on best odds of winning more than marketing and geography.

-Woj

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#177 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 618 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 01:58 PM

-Woj

Besides LA, that makes Houston his other viable option.
Posted Image

#178 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,693 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 18, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, Houston has Harden and Lin and they would have to trade Asik.

#179 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 02:32 PM

At the end gets asked "What makes you happy" he said "Having fun on the court"...hes really the manchild Lol

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#180 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Looks like Dwight is safe according to WOJ

http://sports.yahoo....-075249498.html

When teams call to talk trade, they [rival teams] say, the Lakers' private message has been consistent with the public one: Howard isn't available, general manager Mitch Kupchak tells them.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users