#141 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 07:04 AM

Rondo is great, but now I would not pull the trigger because of his knees. Bring back Bynum and we will be fine.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#142 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,499 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 07:58 AM

Gah, some of you really need a cold splash of reality right now.

1. Drew is NOT better than Dwight
2. Drew is not DEFENSIVELY better than Dwight (I can't believe I read someone say otherwise LOL)
3. A 100% Dwight Howard has every one of you creaming their panties in the gameday thread
4. A 100% Dwight is a franchise player
5. Some of you sure are fast to jump ship

#143 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,458 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:25 AM

LOL as if Dwight hasn't been pathetic in the same role. Funny how people make injury excuses for the clown yet I never heard them for Bynum.

Bottom line is this season Dwight hasn't been an upgrade over Bynum hell you could argue he's been a downgrade.

Pathetic? What do u do in your life, better than a hurt Dwight plays basketball on the interior?

Better than 16/11?

#144 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:42 AM

This again?

I'd be one thing to regret trading for Dwight if Bynum were lighting it up right now, but he isn't playing because of more knee problems like he's had for nearly his entire career.

Say what you want about Dwight, but Bynum has no future. He's had one good year, which came in a shortened year. And, he's broken yet again.

At worst, we ended up trading no future for no future.

Posted Image

#145 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,488 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:05 AM

LOL as if Dwight hasn't been pathetic in the same role. Funny how people make injury excuses for the clown yet I never heard them for Bynum.

Bottom line is this season Dwight hasn't been an upgrade over Bynum hell you could argue he's been a downgrade.

Can we just assume your opinion will change on this again. I mean this is only the 600th time
Posted Image

#146 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,488 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Bynums game is legions ahead of Dwights. And not just offensively either. Defensively Bynum rotated better, picked up the weak side better. Played the zone much better. Theres no comparison actually. All Drew does on both ends is stand there with his hands up. A center who demands the ball 40x/game and only averages 18 points for his career. Drew was putting up the same numbers with half the touches and we didnt have to change Kobes entire game to make Drew work in our game plan. But like ya said, dude had glass knees. But if we didnt trade him, maybe he'd be out on the court right now and wed be a 3 seed. Ya never know. Anyways its not like Drew didnt play through injuries and put up good performances. But I never saw any Lakers fans use the excuse that, "Drew is playing injured" as a defense the way they do for this guy Dwight. Trade him before he leaves.

This post is so false that it's not even worth responding to
Posted Image

#147 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,009 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:43 AM

Please do explain. Bynum never fought over a screen or rotated to stop someone driving to the basket. On top of all of this how is having a player that is actually playing a downgrade from some guy who has been on the bench all season? You do know Bynum had his career year last year correct? Compare that to Dwights best career year of 23/14 and 2.8 bpg and tell me Bynum is better? Lets nto forget Bynum couldnt stay healthy if his life depended on it. I wouldnt be surprised whenever that guy suits up again another knee problem is right around the corner. Dwights carrer averages are better than Bynums best season. I think that last statement says it all.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 17, 2013 - 09:44 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#148 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Something to keep in mind about Dwight. He litterally sat on his butt from April to September doing nothing. How can you expect someone to play at a ridiculously high level when you just sit there doing nothing all along. He had 4-5 weeks to get ready for the season & he did what he could to come back. Having said that, is he giving us 100% of the 75% he is? Absolutely not but we all know what he can do if he gets the proper rest & time to condition himself to 100%

Even at less than 100% the dude is the league's leading rebounder, think about it

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#149 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,894 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:22 AM

Dwight really isn't in the same role. Last year we were pretty much running an offense through Bynum and it sucked because you can't run offense through him ( you can with Dwight though).

Bynum came back in 2010-2011....and then he had a full offseason. Dwight was in bed because of his back and he wasn't supposed to come back till January.

Not an upgrade lol. Lets see one guy is putting up 16/12 and the other guy is on the bench.......

Keep flip flopping. Its pretty funny. First your name was Bynum> Howard and you were stating he be the "man" of the team over Kobe. Then you said ship his ass out for Howard. Now you are praising Bynum.

King flip flop

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#150 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,894 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:24 AM

Rondo is great, but now I would not pull the trigger because of his knees. Bring back Bynum and we will be fine.

You don't want to bring Rondo here because of his kness but then you want Bynum back......lol

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#151 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,499 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:38 AM

I literally LOL'd at this post. I always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt even after seeing you get bashed on a regular basis by other members, but I just can't anymore. You have flip flopped so many times its unbearable to read. I bet the mods get a good kick out of your posts as well.

#152 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,344 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:52 AM

I literally LOL'd at this post. I always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt even after seeing you get bashed on a regular basis by other members, but I just can't anymore. You have flip flopped so many times its unbearable to read. I bet the mods get a good kick out of your posts as well.

I know J-Hizzle does

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#153 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:57 AM

Posted Image

#154 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,734 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:21 PM

i agree with cowboy. dwight is a major downgrade

in maturity.

#155 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Gah, some of you really need a cold splash of reality right now.

1. Drew is NOT better than Dwight
2. Drew is not DEFENSIVELY better than Dwight (I can't believe I read someone say otherwise LOL)
3. A 100% Dwight Howard has every one of you creaming their panties in the gameday thread
4. A 100% Dwight is a franchise player
5. Some of you sure are fast to jump ship

NONE OF THAT MATTERS IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR THE LAKERS

#156 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:29 PM

NONE OF THAT MATTERS IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR THE LAKERS

Not one source proves this statement. Only source that can prove this is Dwight Howard himself. And the last time I checked he has never indicated this... Stop with this bull[expletive]. He will be our future franchise player until he CLEARLY says he wants out.

Edited by Ham, February 17, 2013 - 12:29 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#157 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Not one source proves this statement. Only source that can prove this is Dwight Howard himself. And the last time I checked he has never indicated this... Stop with this bull[expletive]. He will be our future franchise player until he CLEARLY says he wants out.

He has not gave us ANY reinsurance that he will return while everybody is saying he doesn't want to be here and he already said he wanted to go to Brooklyn... and hasn't said anything indicating he wants to stay here..

his play also says he doesn't want to stay here ... I would be shocked if he does return... but I also would want to see what he would want in return for staying...

#158 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,487 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:56 PM

He has not gave us ANY reinsurance that he will return while everybody is saying he doesn't want to be here and he already said he wanted to go to Brooklyn... and hasn't said anything indicating he wants to stay here..

his play also says he doesn't want to stay here ... I would be shocked if he does return... but I also would want to see what he would want in return for staying...

His play says that he is still hurt

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#159 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 01:18 PM

He is playing with frustration because of his injuries. He is a max player. He will get a max contract.... and he will be a Laker for years to come.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#160 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 711 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted February 17, 2013 - 02:23 PM

Haha, you can tell Kobe is still mad about that veto if you read his latest tweet ( on my phone now, can't share ).

The one about his kid and CP3's kid playing together? Haha I wonder how Nash feels seeing as he is the current point guard of the team...
But nah, I remember when the initial trade happened and people thought I was crazy by calling them, potentially, the greatest backcourt of all time. Both have them have been top five players in the entire league this year and we wouldn't have to be hiding Nash from guarding his position. I'm surprised how fast it faded for Laker fans, I mean he's giving us a reminder this season playing in the same gym as the Lakers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users