#121 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,875 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 16, 2013 - 06:49 PM

I really hope dwight isnt traded. When healthy he probably has the most impact on a team then anyone in the league. I'm baffled by the way some people look at dwight the guy has been playing injuried all season still dropping 16/12 and 2.3 bpg

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#122 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 16, 2013 - 07:53 PM

I wouldn't trade Dwight for Rondo. Superstar centers are more rare than all star/superstar pointguards.

If we had to, though, I would try and see if maybe the Lakers could get Bradley as well.

#123 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,199 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:00 PM

Thing I am viewing dwight like I view josh smith now. Yea your a good player but your not max deal good. I mean these injurys for this guy just seem like tere gonna last forever. From the way dwight talks about his back it seems like it could take a whole other year to fully heal and if he isnt gonna get surgery on his shoulder he will always have those problems too. I just dont think were gona see the dwight that played in orlando ever here. Maybe if were lucky we can get one prime season out of him in like a year or 2 but idk. Just seems like the guy keep getting worse as the year continues.

Edited by bigfetz, February 16, 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#124 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,875 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:04 PM

Thing I am viewing dwight like I view josh smith now. Yea your a good player but your not max deal good. I mean these injurys for this guy just seem like tere gonna last forever. From the way dwight talks about his back it seems like it could take a whole other year to fully heal and if he isnt gonna get surgery on his shoulder he will always have those problems too. I just dont think were gona see the dwight that played in orlando ever here. Maybe if were lucky we can get one prime season out of him in like a year or 2 but idk. Just seems like the guy keep getting worse as the year continues.

The guy came back about 4 months early of course his injury is lingering he hasnt had full time to heal. He is playing through it and with the back its not gonna get better when he is still using it so much. If Dwight never gets back to 100 percent this season there isnt a doubt in my mind that when next year rolls around Dwight will be back to top form as the super star center he was before the injury.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#125 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,534 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:15 PM

At least Bynum was a more legitmate 2nd option, especially in closing out games. (Yeah I know)

Yea he was a great 2nd option when he put up 12/4 in that close out game against the thunder. :smh:

#126 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,451 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Yea he was a great 2nd option when he put up 12/4 in that close out game against the thunder. :smh:

ONE game. Hold one game against Bynum while we can hold an entire finals against Harden and an entire playoffs run for Gasol.

Bynum alone wasn't the reason we lost that series. He put up the best numbers and played like an all-star. Unless you wanted him to go for 38 20 because that's what it would have taken as no one but Kobe came to play that night. So trying to bash him off that one "close out" game is getting petty. Because his better games including the one he set an NBA playoff record for blocks in a game trump that.

WE had that series and WE let down in the end of those games. It's all our faults.

Edited by Majesty, February 16, 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#127 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Bynum (or Mike Brown) was a big reason why our season failed. He couldn't facilitate out of the post and as a result the offense sucked, and then he half assed it on the defensive end.

I'd argue the blame is on Mike Brown for thinking Bynum/Gasol were Robinson/Duncan. But that's getting off topic. Anyways, I don't think any amount of coaching could have saved us from the Thunder that year, they were better than the Lakers on both ends of the court and proved it in the playoffs when they kicked our asses in 5 games. And before people say we kept it close, that was just the Thunder cruising through the first 3 quarters and demolishing the Lakers in the fourth.

The Bynum-Howard debate ended when Bynum didn't suit up for the season. Not sure why it's even a discussion anymore.

Edited by bfc1125roy, February 16, 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#128 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Dwight's definitely a max player. Just look at what other big men have gotten max deals, then look at Howard. He'll be back to form next year.

#129 GO24Seven

GO24Seven

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Name:Gilbert
  • Fan Since:Born A LAKER
  • Fav. Laker:ANY 1 IN the Purple & Gold

Posted February 16, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yeah sure trade for a guy that just tore his ACL. smh

#130 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,534 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 16, 2013 - 10:13 PM

ONE game. Hold one game against Bynum while we can hold an entire finals against Harden and an entire playoffs run for Gasol.

Bynum alone wasn't the reason we lost that series. He put up the best numbers and played like an all-star. Unless you wanted him to go for 38 20 because that's what it would have taken as no one but Kobe came to play that night. So trying to bash him off that one "close out" game is getting petty. Because his better games including the one he set an NBA playoff record for blocks in a game trump that.

WE had that series and WE let down in the end of those games. It's all our faults.

never said it was....but he was suppose to be the 2nd option. And he put up 12/4 on a close out game. No excuses thats pathetic

#131 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 16, 2013 - 10:57 PM

Scared of Rondo's knees. Doubt he'll ever be the same player.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#132 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,351 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:25 AM

This would be a terrible trade. We don't need a PG while we have Kobe.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#133 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:55 AM

This would be a terrible trade. We don't need a PG while we have Kobe.

who's most likely going to retire after the next season.

Trade won't happen anyway

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#134 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted February 17, 2013 - 02:06 AM

never said it was....but he was suppose to be the 2nd option. And he put up 12/4 on a close out game. No excuses thats pathetic

LOL as if Dwight hasn't been pathetic in the same role. Funny how people make injury excuses for the clown yet I never heard them for Bynum.

Bottom line is this season Dwight hasn't been an upgrade over Bynum hell you could argue he's been a downgrade.
htCCl0m.png

#135 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,351 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 02:14 AM

Should just lock this, we are keeping this team together.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#136 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 528 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted February 17, 2013 - 02:23 AM

Bottom line is this season Dwight hasn't been an upgrade over Bynum hell you could argue he's been a downgrade.

Robert Sacre would have been an upgrade over Bynum this season. He has played more games.

#137 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 02:25 AM

Yeah sure trade for a guy that just tore his ACL. smh

We did the same with Dwight, but he came off of back surgery

#138 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 05:11 AM

I still prefer Bynum, i got laughed at the last couple years by stating Drews offensive game was way ahead and more tuned than Howard. Finally you all see, but only if those knees weren't made of glass :(

We needed the right coach as well, MB was a horrible fit for everybody.

Posted Image

#139 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:46 AM

I would trade Dwight for any caliber semi star in the NBA so when he bolts for Brooklyn we dont have to know that we traded Bynum away for Earl Clark.
Dwight is garbage. Even at 100% he isnt a franchise player that will bring a team Championships. Hes a player that can help in those efforts if he fits into the right puzzle. SEE OUR RECORD? This is not the right puzzle for Dwight.
Trade him for anything of value.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#140 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:54 AM

I still prefer Bynum, i got laughed at the last couple years by stating Drews offensive game was way ahead and more tuned than Howard. Finally you all see, but only if those knees weren't made of glass :(

We needed the right coach as well, MB was a horrible fit for everybody.

Bynums game is legions ahead of Dwights. And not just offensively either. Defensively Bynum rotated better, picked up the weak side better. Played the zone much better. Theres no comparison actually. All Drew does on both ends is stand there with his hands up. A center who demands the ball 40x/game and only averages 18 points for his career. Drew was putting up the same numbers with half the touches and we didnt have to change Kobes entire game to make Drew work in our game plan. But like ya said, dude had glass knees. But if we didnt trade him, maybe he'd be out on the court right now and wed be a 3 seed. Ya never know. Anyways its not like Drew didnt play through injuries and put up good performances. But I never saw any Lakers fans use the excuse that, "Drew is playing injured" as a defense the way they do for this guy Dwight. Trade him before he leaves.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users