Photo

Dwight for Rondo has been discussed by Lakers / Celtics

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#61 Rad

Rad

• 1,629 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 10:51 PM

I also made this whole thing up. Happy All-Star break rumor fest.

Enthralling.

#62 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 519 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted February 15, 2013 - 10:53 PM

Instant ban for WVlaker! Filling me with false hope until the last sentence!

#63 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,128 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:02 PM

Oh, No. Dwight is leaving for the Rockets. :hmm: He is already sweet talking them.

he was asked about the houston rockets in houston. lets not panic everytime he says something
Posted Image

#64 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,709 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:20 PM

Hmm this wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. Right now Howard obviously doesn't like being in LA. He doesn't like the team and he just want to play where he has no pressure.

Rondo is a great player but who knows how he will be coming back from that injury.

This would be tough. I do though see why the celtics may do it because they could try for one last big run and then clean house for a rebuild. Being that Dwight contract would net them huge cap room for the next FA and if they do get lucky they can resign him although I would have a feeling that isn't the plan. I would have to look at Salaries but I'm on my phone right now

#65 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:25 PM

Just ship his *** to brooklyn for Lopez. Atleast Lopez has post moves and hits free throws

#66 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,045 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:46 PM

These are some of the fastest I've seen Mitch come out to debunk a rumor. No more than 24 hours after it came out.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#67 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,590 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:49 PM

I live about 30 mins from Mike D'antoni's hometown of Mullens, WV and have a source that speaks to him on a regular basis. Source says the actual deal is Rondo and Bass for Gasol as MD and Mitch have already sat down to discuss the deal and how it will impact the season immediately and the future of the team.

Celtics feel they can plug Gasol right in at the end of March and fill Bass' role with Sullinger. It works for the Lakers right now because we ge at mid-range shooting big to fill Gasol's role immediately that won't ever mind coming off the bench. Not to mention we get our future PG to pair with Howard. The FO feels this will be enough to convince Dwight to stay and MD feels Rondo will love running his offense, and has the same intensity Kope admires and will adore. Also, has hinted Nash would be thrilled with the idea of mentoring Rondo during his final two seasons and won't mind coming off the bench.

The Celtics are done with Rondo and his poor relationship with just about everyone in the organization and feel strongly Gasol will fit in with their team. The trade works perfect financially and could be completed as early as late Monday night. I also made this whole thing up. Happy All-Star break rumor fest.

Posted Image
Imminent

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#68 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,475 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:54 PM

I do think a Rondo-Kobe back-court combination would be interesting - mostly because both are sociopathic win-is-all-that-matters types.

That being said, i dont think this would make a whole lot of sense for the Lakers at this point. Adding Rondo to the mix wont help much unless we could unload Nash, which i dont see happening.

#69 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,460 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:54 PM

Anyone analyzing this trade and what it would do for both teams should be banned.

Some of the dumbest posts I've ever seen in my life on a message board (and I've been around).

Stupid trade, not even worth looking at and or discussing. Stupid.

Edited by Massacre, February 15, 2013 - 11:55 PM.

iyjywo.jpg

#70 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:58 PM

Rondo is one of the most dominant point guards just look at his triple double stats from last year. He can score, rebound, great defender, and he is the best distributer in the game. This is a league of point guards and rondo is a shark with a Kobe mentality. Kobe won't have a problem with rondo running this offense the only reason Nash doesn't is because he is too slow. Don't compare rondo and Dwight rondo has been thrown away time and time again by Boston's management and he stays happy. Dwight is a whining team killer who can't take over big games rondo lives for big games. Plus he has had old guys around him his whole career so nothing new here. I pray we get him the acl wasnt as bad as they thought rondo will be back by next year. Plus I'm excited too see what we get with him. Boston is taken r garbage Dwight doesn't deserve to play for us

#71 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:59 PM

If you are going to trade Howard, Rondo is one of those players you would want in return. There is nothing stupid about it.

That being said, I don't think Celtics do it. Howard would rather bolt to Mavs that summer. But it's interesting that this rumour surfaced by CBSsports. No fire, no smoke.

#72 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:05 AM

Wow trade a Center for a Pg. (facepalm).

#73 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:07 AM

Yes, in today's league where a PG is the most important position and a C is the least important position...

Want to re-think that facepalm?

#74 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,128 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:15 AM

Wow trade a Center for a Pg. (facepalm).

A PG that's not even going to play until November more likely either

A bit ridiculous to say the least
Posted Image

#75 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:16 AM

You don't trade Dwight unless you're sure he's leaving.

Despite all of the media buzz, and these funny rumors about how he never wanted to be here (and Hakeem saying he did, and I'll believe Hakeem because he's not a reporter, seeking hits)...I don't see why Dwight leaves $30 million on the table AND a chance to be the main superstar player (once Kobe retires) for the greatest franchise in the NBA.

Now, what if Howard tells Mitch he wants to leave in the summer? Doesn't seem likely he would, but players DO make these statements. Well, then you get Rondo, possibly MarShon Brooks along with him (in a three-way deal).

#76 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:22 AM

Neither is Dwight. Rondo also has a ring.

your saying this about dwight, mostly because of the way he's played at 75%, cool story bruh.
also, we'd be giving up on this year, trading a player who can play for an injured player..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#77 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:26 AM

I think Dwight's agent is hell bent on getting him to New Jersey...there is a conflict of interest here he has business ties with the Barclays Center (I gotta look this up but Im 100% certain that Dan Fegan has something with the Barclays Center). If they cant get there I think theyd just sit tight in LA, they're not giving up $30 mil lol + huge endorsements + Dwight getting acting ish and what not. But if theres a three way involved where Lakers get the pieces they want & Dwight ends up in NJ (i cant come up with a trade)...but thats the only possibility i can see happening

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#78 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:45 AM

The title is misleading, change it

Now What I think might have happened is, Mitch and Ainge probably discussed a Rondo-Gasol trade and then when each went down with injuries "weeks" ago they stopped the conversation. It would make sense for the Celtics if they are in fact interested in the Clippers KG Deal, Bledsoe/Bradley/Pierce/Bass/Gasol is better than what they have now and next year, from a lakers standpoint

Rondo
Kobe
Metta
Clark
Howard

I dont think ive ever seen a better defensive 5 since the bad boy pistons.
Now if the case is in fact Gasol for Rondo I say you do it in a heartbeat

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#79 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:48 AM

One thing that's fairly significant that nobody has talked about is that he hasn't asked for a trade.

While it would be a huge headache to start that again, I think the money that he would give up if he were really set on leaving is significant now that he's suddenly injury prone.

I think he would've asked and tried to get that money if he was sure he was leaving. Not saying he definitely will stay, but it just seems like such a waste if he knows he's going to leave anyway.

Edited by Japago, February 16, 2013 - 12:49 AM.

Posted Image

#80 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,352 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:53 AM

Dwight for Rondo and picks

hell yeah! Rondo makes everyone better and has the will to win!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users