True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,279 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 19, 2013 - 05:49 PM

Chris Broussard@Chris_Broussard

Sources say Boston willing to trade injured PG Rajon Rondo in right deal. Wizards looking to move Jordan Crawford.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#222 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,341 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 05:56 PM

nash, ebanks, morris for rondo.

boston gets to compete this year and then start fresh. we get a future 1,2 punch.

if we could send nash and pau i would but i don't think it's financially possible
Posted Image

#223 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted February 19, 2013 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image

The only reliable source he's stated.

Edited by TheSuperbeast, February 19, 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#224 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,743 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 19, 2013 - 06:14 PM

nash, ebanks, morris for rondo.

boston gets to compete this year and then start fresh. we get a future 1,2 punch.

if we could send nash and pau i would but i don't think it's financially possible

I'd do that in a second.

#225 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,341 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 06:18 PM

its too bad they wouldn't. they'd do pau and nash for rondo and players in a second. problem is financially it's not possible. you'd have to take on players they are probably unwilling to give up
Posted Image

#226 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 692 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted February 19, 2013 - 07:24 PM

its too bad they wouldn't. they'd do pau and nash for rondo and players in a second. problem is financially it's not possible. you'd have to take on players they are probably unwilling to give up

I would love Nash, Ebanks, and Gasol for Garnett, Rondo, and Lee (pipe dream) It works perfectly financially
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#227 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,341 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 07:33 PM

the only way it works is if the celtics get to form a KG, gasol, pierce, and nash big 4 and have bradley, terry filling out roles.

now you can propose nash, pau for jeff green, rondo, lee, and collins

i think they'd consider it depending on how highly they view green.

Pau/ KG/ Wilcox
KG/ bass
pierce
bradley
nash/ terry

the issue lies here where the celtics would take a huge depth hit. but starting 5 wise they are set. but they'd have to have contingency plans to fix that depth issue.

as far as the lakers, you essentially tank this season in favor of a brighter future. dwight doesn't leave with rondo here. no chance. you have your duo for the future and some nice supporting pieces in lee, green, clark, and hill.
Posted Image

#228 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,743 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 19, 2013 - 07:47 PM

the only way it works is if the celtics get to form a KG, gasol, pierce, and nash big 4 and have bradley, terry filling out roles.

now you can propose nash, pau for jeff green, rondo, lee, and collins

i think they'd consider it depending on how highly they view green.

Pau/ KG/ Wilcox
KG/ bass
pierce
bradley
nash/ terry

the issue lies here where the celtics would take a huge depth hit. but starting 5 wise they are set. but they'd have to have contingency plans to fix that depth issue.

as far as the lakers, you essentially tank this season in favor of a brighter future. dwight doesn't leave with rondo here. no chance. you have your duo for the future and some nice supporting pieces in lee, green, clark, and hill.

If this did happen...wow lakers would be beast defensively. Kobe, Rondo in the back court with Howard down low......I wish

#229 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Would you trade Gasol who is expected to return for Rondo who is out for the season?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#230 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,341 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 08:03 PM

Would you trade Gasol who is expected to return for Rondo who is out for the season?

yes, because my thinking is this season is more likely a wash anyways, might as well look towards the future. rondo and howard give us a bright one. the best center and a top 3 PG is a future to look forward to.
Posted Image

#231 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 08:04 PM

yes, because my thinking is this season is more likely a wash anyways, might as well look towards the future. rondo and howard give us a bright one. the best center and a top 3 PG is a future to look forward to.

My thoughts exactly

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#232 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 09:16 PM

what last stand said. even if we make the playoffs (and that's a longshot) - we will get crushed in the first round. With D'Antoni as our coach? Are you kidding? Good night. The Celtics are in win-now mode. We wanted to be, but failed when we didn't hire PJ, so next best is win next year mode.

#233 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,816 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 20, 2013 - 07:15 AM

Where did I say our starters suck?

This isn't NBA Live 95. Chemistry matters. Offensive and defensive strategies matter.

I never said our starters suck. I said that we are playing basketball the wrong way, with who we are putting out on the court. We don't have a coach who understands anything BUT his fast-paced run-and-gun offense. He relied solely on his perimeter defenders to stop guys like Bryant in the past (Bell, Marion), and has no idea how to use a guy like Howard in the post, on offense AND defense.

Ron Artest can stay on this roster, if he's not taking 40 threes every game, and trying to play point-forward at his age by putting the ball on the floor 20 feet from the rim.

Dwight Howard can stay on this roster, if we find a way to spread the floor enough to where teams can't move 2-3 defenders over to him, fronting him, within a second...clogging the lane and making it nearly impossible for ANY big man to go to work down low.

Pau Gasol can stay on this roster (yes, even Gasol), as long as D'Antoni learns how to double post his players, and once again, that requires heavy spacing...or else all defenders will be a wingspan away from the next offensive player.

This team has been so poorly coached, it's mind-blowing. Bernie Bickerstaff directed them to go out and play basketball. That kind of coaching won't win you championships, either, but it did prove that we had enough talent on the floor -- without Nash, I may add -- to get the job done, at least on the offensive end.

Why would Howard stay? It's $30 million he'd pass up, plus an extra year, and if he's still feeling a bit shaky in his knees, he's going to do what's best for his wallet...doesn't matter what any media reports.

The only thing that worries me is the Mike D'Antoni factor. I don't think Kobe and Dwight have any issues that would run Howard out of LA. I don't think Howard and Nash have any. I don't think Howard and Buss do. Dwight and D'Antoni, though? That's a different story, and that's what will ultimately carry Howard's bags to the plane...not Kobe, Nash, the front office, or our record in April.

As i've said before, Dwight wont' be leaving 30 million on the table by signing elsewhere. At his age he is able to sign another max follwing the first and with the pieces they have in Houston he would get everything he wants.

I think it's all about risk. Kobe, Nash, Jimmy Mitch and Howard MAY not have issues that would run Howard out of LA and D'Antoni could easily be fired, if it meant keeping Dwight, but this is a mighty big risk to take in my opinion, considering the signals he's been sending. In fact, have Howard said or done anything that makes you optimistic going forward? I dont think he has.

#234 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 20, 2013 - 10:58 AM

As i've said before, Dwight wont' be leaving 30 million on the table by signing elsewhere. At his age he is able to sign another max follwing the first and with the pieces they have in Houston he would get everything he wants.

That doesn't make sense. You can't restructure contracts, and Houston isn't going to give him a one-year deal (and he won't take it)...and if you aren't saying that, you're telling me that he'll get another max contract after his new four-year deal is up...and I'm still saying he's going to lose out on that $30 million and extra year, regardless. Doesn't matter if he plays until 50, with four max deals...he's still losing $30 million.

Age isn't exactly the concern, anyway. His knees are. You're telling me that you're 100% confident that Howard BELIEVES he will be good enough, in four years, to earn a second max contract? Howard will want an extra year, at $30 million, unless he's lying about the tingling in his legs, the pain, and he's tanking intentionally.

I think it's all about risk. Kobe, Nash, Jimmy Mitch and Howard MAY not have issues that would run Howard out of LA and D'Antoni could easily be fired, if it meant keeping Dwight, but this is a mighty big risk to take in my opinion, considering the signals he's been sending. In fact, have Howard said or done anything that makes you optimistic going forward? I dont think he has.

Nope, but he knows he shouldn't come out and say he's staying in LA, or even hint to it, because he's a player who is possibly worried about his back, and he doesn't want the front office to think he'd be easy to rake in and lock up for cheap, or for a lesser deal. He wants max, and five years, no negotiations.

Some of you guys are jumping to conclusions...launching, hurdling to them. Some are doing it because they don't like his attitude. I don't, either, but I'm not going to treat Howard like he lacks as much value as Pau Gasol.

#235 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,145 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 20, 2013 - 01:42 PM

The few times I've seen D'antoni attempt a double post with Gasol. Gasol doesn't commit to it or separates from the play.

I remember D'antoni expressing frustration WITH Gasol after going over how he'd been trying to run specific plays for Gasol with double posting and post ups.

But Gasol refuses to get involved unless he's playing center.

I don't think D'antoni needs to "learn" how to use Gasol in the double post, its apparent to me when they've set up to do it, Gasol won't. Like I said, Gasol won't be happy unless he's the starting center.

I watched D'antoni try to cater to Gasol for a week of games only to watch Gasol do nothing with it.

I don't think D'antoni is much the issue with Gasol as Gasol is himself at this point from what I watched and why I wqas happy he was moved to the bench.

As with the interview Gasol said it wasn't just d'antoni coaching that would make hgim ask for a trade but DWIGHT STARtTING that would make him ask for a trade.

To me Real deal that speaks volumes. And reinforces my belief that Gasol ain't gonna be happy nor listen to anyone unless he's starting center.

So I disagree with you that Gasol can remain on the team if D'antoni learns to double post. He's tried, Gasol wouldn't listen and I believe you've cited before that you had dropped the belief that double post would work cause you saw how unwiilling Gasol had been getting as well, But I don't remember where.

Personally I think Gasol is done as far as here goes, he's done unless he starts at 5 and that seems to be all there is to it at this point.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#236 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 20, 2013 - 07:09 PM

You can't double post if you don't establish a perimeter threat (shooter), and as long as MDA refuses to recognize Nash as our best three-point shooter, we won't be able to stick two players down low because of the lack of spacing.

Gasol is hesitant to score in the post, but not pass out of it. He has a high enough IQ, though, to know he can't double post without players stretching the floor.

Can't believe I'm actually defending Gasol here, but it's true.

This is why you don't see KB taking the post as much as he should be able to, now that Clark is out there.

#237 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,145 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 20, 2013 - 07:25 PM

You can't double post if you don't establish a perimeter threat (shooter), and as long as MDA refuses to recognize Nash as our best three-point shooter, we won't be able to stick two players down low because of the lack of spacing.

Gasol is hesitant to score in the post, but not pass out of it. He has a high enough IQ, though, to know he can't double post without players stretching the floor.

This is why you don't see KB taking the post as much as he should be able to, now that Clark is out there.

No, but what I am seeing is with Gasol out Metta moved to the 4 and post wih Clark stretching the floor.

At least the last two games anyway, hge hasn't shot many threes.

We won one and lost one but that move is something I do like. Metta's threes going to Clark and Nash(who has gotten a few more lately) is the correct way to go and if things stay true to form will help our spacing.

If Clark is going to permenantly be our 3 from now on then that means Metta will be in the post 90 percent of the time playing the 4. I think this has a lot to do with why for the last 2 games we've seen an improvement with the Nash and Howard pick and roll, the spacing has changed, for the better.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#238 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 20, 2013 - 07:28 PM

You still here???

Pau Gasol is GONE

#239 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,816 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:23 AM

That doesn't make sense. You can't restructure contracts, and Houston isn't going to give him a one-year deal (and he won't take it)...and if you aren't saying that, you're telling me that he'll get another max contract after his new four-year deal is up...and I'm still saying he's going to lose out on that $30 million and extra year, regardless. Doesn't matter if he plays until 50, with four max deals...he's still losing $30 million.

Age isn't exactly the concern, anyway. His knees are. You're telling me that you're 100% confident that Howard BELIEVES he will be good enough, in four years, to earn a second max contract? Howard will want an extra year, at $30 million, unless he's lying about the tingling in his legs, the pain, and he's tanking intentionally.

No, i'm not saying that. All i'm saying is that the only way Howard is losing 30 million is if he signs a 4-yr deal and then gets injured to a degree that he wont be able to sign any deal at all. That's not likely to happen. Following a 4yr deal Howard is only 31 and could still earn quite a lot of money as a basketball-player. One could even argue, that following a 4yr deal he would have an easier time signing a big deal, that after 5 years.

Nope, but he knows he shouldn't come out and say he's staying in LA, or even hint to it, because he's a player who is possibly worried about his back, and he doesn't want the front office to think he'd be easy to rake in and lock up for cheap, or for a lesser deal. He wants max, and five years, no negotiations.

Some of you guys are jumping to conclusions...launching, hurdling to them. Some are doing it because they don't like his attitude. I don't, either, but I'm not going to treat Howard like he lacks as much value as Pau Gasol.

I'm not jumping to conclusions. I'm simply looking at the available options.
1. Dwight stays, everything is ok.
2. Dwight gets traded for pieces that can be used for a championship run the next two years.
3. Dwight leaves for nothing.
I would prefer #1, i can accept #2, but unfortunately i think we might end up with #3 and to me that is unacceptable.

At this point it doesn't really matter, if what Mitch is telling the truth (Howard isn't getting traded).

What i hope for now is that Jim Buss does the one right thing, which is this:
Hire Phil Jackson as VP of basketball-operations - that could make Dwight stay.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, February 21, 2013 - 12:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users