#182 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 02:41 PM

1) Dwight said Mitch told him he wont trade him
2) Mitch said he wont trade Dwight to ESPN over the weekend
3) Woj report of teams around the league tellin em Dwight isnt available in trade discussions

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#183 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 18, 2013 - 02:43 PM

any1 get a picture of D12 when he was announced for starting lineups for ASG? He was throwing a certain hand symbol up in the air..
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#184 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,175 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:01 PM

1) Dwight said Mitch told him he wont trade him
2) Mitch said he wont trade Dwight to ESPN over the weekend
3) Woj report of teams around the league tellin em Dwight isnt available in trade discussions

They are confident he will resign, and so am I.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#185 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 778 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:16 PM

any1 get a picture of D12 when he was announced for starting lineups for ASG? He was throwing a certain hand symbol up in the air..

Saw those devil horns too. Maybe he's a fan of rock music.

#186 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,760 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:23 PM

If Dwight will resign, that's good if not that's fine.

33bkfif.jpg

#187 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,951 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:25 PM

People already assuming it's the "H" sign for Houston.

#188 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,612 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:29 PM

Oh howard did the westbrook 3 point loaded barrell so he's going to OKC.

Oh and he was buddy buddy with VBlake griffin! He said he loves la maybe he means the clippers! Oh panic panic!

But if the clippers signed Howard we'd just sign Chris Paul :P lol

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#189 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 18, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Saw those devil horns too. Maybe he's a fan of rock music.

yea but you gotta factor the unfortunate timely newz about Dr. Buss, factor in this horrible season as well with D12 creating all the chaos = is he taking his pledge finally ready to cross over.... :evil: . if u know the background history for the conspiracy im referring to = things are beginning to shape into parallels. (all speculation of course)
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#190 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,981 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 18, 2013 - 04:19 PM

If he leaves, even in a S&T, he takes less money.

List the teams that he can go to and determine if you really think he'll do it, especially given the money he'll forego. I don't see it.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#191 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 04:34 PM

It seems pretty simple to me. Fire Mike D'Antoni (even in the offseason), keep Dwight. Two birds with one stone!

#192 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 18, 2013 - 04:41 PM

If he leaves, even in a S&T, he takes less money.

List the teams that he can go to and determine if you really think he'll do it, especially given the money he'll forego. I don't see it.

Houston is the only possibility. I think it's been mentioned in's reports as so. He has no interest in Dallas or Atlanta. It makes sense as they have James Harden. Still, he would have to take less money and they would have huge salary cap issues the season after when Asik and Lin get huge pay raises.

I think Lakers need to do some work to keep him. I don't think it'll take too much, but they need to do some. The only big moves the Nets made when they got Deron was trading for Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson. I've always thought the Lakers should have something already in place instead of relying totally on 2014 FA.

BTW, that's one of the reasons why I wanted Pau traded before the season.

Posted Image

#193 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 05:37 PM

As I've already said, I just do not see Dwight taking $30 million less while he is still recovering from back surgery and this being his last chance at a max contract. Also with his complex of having people like him and him wanting a legacy, it's difficult to see him leaving the premier franchise in basketball. At that point, his legacy turns into a guy that couldn't handle the big stage and a player who could not come close to the all time great big men to play the game.

We are still 5 months away from a resolution regarding Dwight Howard, makes no sense in worrying about it now. The way I see it, I want him to be the franchise player moving forward but if he decides to leave, then management needs to find a way to bring us back to the top of the mountain.

#194 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,175 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 05:50 PM

As I've already said, I just do not see Dwight taking $30 million less while he is still recovering from back surgery and this being his last chance at a max contract. Also with his complex of having people like him and him wanting a legacy, it's difficult to see him leaving the premier franchise in basketball. At that point, his legacy turns into a guy that couldn't handle the big stage and a player who could not come close to the all time great big men to play the game.

We are still 5 months away from a resolution regarding Dwight Howard, makes no sense in worrying about it now. The way I see it, I want him to be the franchise player moving forward but if he decides to leave, then management needs to find a way to bring us back to the top of the mountain.

And how do we do that with no draft picks, trade assets, or salary-cap space?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#195 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted February 18, 2013 - 05:55 PM

I hope that a guy like Woj gives us a little indication of which way Dwight is leaning towards the end of the season. What would be cool is if they say that Dwight prefers the Lakers over others. That would make me feel more confident.

#196 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 05:55 PM

And how do we do that with no draft picks, trade assets, or salary-cap space?

Which is a question for management, which I'm not a part of and which is why I said they have to find a way. :thumbup:

Fans need to realize that we don't have assets at the current moment. We have a first rounder next year and in two years, we'll have cap space. Unfortunately, managements two year plan with this team failed in its first season. The plan was to be contenders for two years, then go into 2014 with cap space to start to reload with Dwight. It was a solid plan until it blew up in our face.

#197 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 18, 2013 - 05:56 PM

we have 2 second round Draft picks

#198 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,878 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:33 PM

Wow.

Don't let your hate for our season's performance cloud what Dwight Howard can do for a team.

1) Dwight needs a system as much as Drew (and any other center) needs one. Dwight's best came when he had a team built around him? Drew's best season (and only all-star season) came when we ran the "four out, one in" offense that features centers.

Lucky for Drew, he was also being spoon-fed by Kobe Bryant.

If Dwight had Kobe Bryant on his team in 2009, the Orlando Magic would have won it all.

2) Drew has 2-3 more go-to moves in the post. We already knew that. Does no good, though, if one is a drop-step in the other direction, and the other is basically a jumper. Drew didn't pass out of the post, and he wasn't an excellent P&R player. Those are the differences that make up for those extra post moves that Dwight doesn't have.

Dwight was the best P&R finisher last season...with Jameer Nelson as his PG.

3) No contest, defensively. I won't even entertain the discussion. Even an 85% Howard is better, on defense, than Bynum. The rare defensive stands that Bynum did have, like his 10 blocks in the playoffs, were negated by the surrounding bad performances on that end of the court, in games before and after. If you aren't consistently good on defense, you're not an "above average" defender.

4) Bynum has done absolutely NOTHING as a primary scoring option, and he failed as a second scoring option...to the point where an injured Bryant had to attempt to carry the team through the last two seasons. Let's go ahead and mention that this was the Drew that many thought would STAY healthy.

5) The Lakers' struggles, being pinned on Howard, remind me of the Lakers' struggles being pinned on Kobe, post-Shaq and pre-Gasol. Sure, we didn't have a good team back then, but truthfully, we don't have a good TEAM right now. We don't have a defensive strategy, we don't have an offensive strategy, we don't have defense at multiple positions in the five, hardly any at all out of the five...and we don't have an aggressive PG despite his shooting percentages, don't have a willing P&R PG/C combo for whatever reason (maybe they hate each other). We don't have a good coach. We don't have good assistant coaches. We have a much-slower defender who still thinks he should be featured in an NBA offense, who stands at the three and shoots anywhere from 8-15 times a night, no matter his FG%.

Everything I've said, since October...well, this is it: you can't select an offense that features just ONE player, on a team with two superstars (Kobe and Dwight), a PG who has to have the ball in his hands (Nash), and a PF who has to have the ball in his hands to get the best out of him as a passing big (Gasol).

This team is constructed to be dominant in pick-up games, not NBA games. They don't have the shooters to open up the floor. They don't have defensive-minded players who don't have to take 10+ shots a night to matter. They don't have a bench player that is a top five candidate for sixth man of the year.

So, when you take a step back and start blaming all of this on Dwight, go ahead and look at how this team will be constructed without him, if he decides to leave this summer. Then, let me know what your projected W/L will be for the 2014 Lakers.

While you decide on that, you might as well give me the number of remaining games left in Kobe's career, once we lose Dwight. Over/under 118.

#199 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,608 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Real Deal,

Thank you.

iyjywo.jpg

#200 Rad

Rad

• 1,635 posts