#21 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'll be surprised when Dwight starts caring about this team. I hate his demeanor, just absolutely terrible. It's all been "I', "me" and "my" this entire season.

If this is supposed to be the future of the franchise, we're going to be in trouble. I don't see him suddenly turning serious like LeBron did post-2011 and outright dominating the league. I just don't think he has it in him.

#22 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,707 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 15, 2013 - 02:45 PM

^Ask the Orlando fans what they think since his body of work is much more extensive there. The consensus is that they are happy he is gone, traded for draft picks and young talent they can use to rebuild. Most were sorry to see Shaq go, but were thrilled to see Dwight leave town and follow the Lakers travails with much glee.

#23 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,724 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 15, 2013 - 08:54 PM

I think things can change as far as Dwight.

I mean LeBron wasn't going through the injuries. Imagine that year with Miami would have also been with a compromised Lebron who lost his explosiveness and stamina was compromised.

Shaq wasn't CHAMPIONSHIP ready when he came. Got SWEPT in the Finals, was a goof-ball. Immature and not quite as hard working as Dwight.

We're losing and imagine Kobe at that age, he was the guy everyone pointed their finger at when things got wrong. kobe asked for a trade, he has not gotten along with coaches including the best of all time.

Everyone is immature at points in their career, I think Dwight is far from the type of person who CAN'T win.

#24 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:46 PM

Some people are idiots.

95 percent of ya'll would flood your rooms with tears at the season the Lakers wluld have if Dwight doesn't resign. No mnatter how proud you act, he IS the future of our franchise unless you wait to wait 10 more years.

And if ya'll can barely tough out a season like this, don't even imagine what you'd go through if its just Kobe Nash and Gasol next year.

If Howard is our future were [expletive]ing screwed. No team will ever go anywhere with him as the center piece. I honestly want him to walk. The guy clearly isn't the same player as he was in Orlando and it's unlikely he'll ever be the same. Definitely not worth maxing and committing to him long term.
htCCl0m.png

#25 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:55 PM

If Dwight gets traded like a loud minority wants, his next team will benefit from him having that full year to recover.

lakers would not get what they need to win a title without him, it would just be a dumb move all in all.

Yes because he won multiple in Orlando. And he has the sickest post moves.
He will only give us 3 qts, unless he gets foul all game.

#26 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:58 PM

If Howard is our future were [expletive]ing screwed. No team will ever go anywhere with him as the center piece. I honestly want him to walk. The guy clearly isn't the same player as he was in Orlando and it's unlikely he'll ever be the same. Definitely not worth maxing and committing to him long term.

This. People think he will ever be 100%. Back problems is a serious problem.

#27 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 04:05 PM

I bet waiters spit in your food constantly with how many times I'm sure you change your mind
Posted Image

#28 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted February 17, 2013 - 04:22 PM

I bet waiters spit in your food constantly with how many times I'm sure you change your mind

Lol you know it's true about Dwight. We can't win anything with him as the centerpiece.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, February 17, 2013 - 04:26 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#29 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 17, 2013 - 04:48 PM

AHAHAHAHA I honestly wouldn't doubt that to be true

#30 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 17, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Dwight re-signing and returning to form is the only shot the Lakers have at having a superstar beyond next season.

The Lakers won't get any players or draft picks that will net them a superstar. Nobody will trade a great player for him, and I've heard this year's draft has no difference makers even at the top.

People will be sad if he doesn't re-sign. It's just easier to say that to shield yourself from sadness if he does leave. I don't know why people are so offended by the fact that he might not want to be here. Kobe and Shaq didn't want to either at one point. It's up to the front office to make their situation appealing, and they've done a poor job of doing that so far.

Posted Image

#31 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2013 - 07:10 AM

Dwight re-signing and returning to form is the only shot the Lakers have at having a superstar beyond next season.

The Lakers won't get any players or draft picks that will net them a superstar. Nobody will trade a great player for him, and I've heard this year's draft has no difference makers even at the top.

People will be sad if he doesn't re-sign. It's just easier to say that to shield yourself from sadness if he does leave. I don't know why people are so offended by the fact that he might not want to be here. Kobe and Shaq didn't want to either at one point. It's up to the front office to make their situation appealing, and they've done a poor job of doing that so far.

You do realize there are seasons after next season and they are the premiere franchise in all of the NBA if not the entire sports universe. They will get another superstar, and it will be very quickly. I've said it time and time again, the best thing about being a Lakers fan is when they are down, they aren't that far down, and its only a few seasons before they are contending for or winning championships.

#32 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 18, 2013 - 07:34 AM

You do realize there are seasons after next season and they are the premiere franchise in all of the NBA if not the entire sports universe. They will get another superstar, and it will be very quickly. I've said it time and time again, the best thing about being a Lakers fan is when they are down, they aren't that far down, and its only a few seasons before they are contending for or winning championships.

The Lakers have had good plans to get superstars in the past. But, they had that superstar-less drought in the 90s before they got Shaq and Kobe.

Posted Image

#33 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,724 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 08:17 AM

Japago, they actually thought they could do it with almost Superstars in the 90s, sentimental favorites like Nick Van Exel who Lakers fans were IN LOVE WITH

The Lakers WILL get multiple superstars with or without Dwight...But they want him to be in there with Kyrie or KD or LeBron or Melo or somebody.

#34 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,724 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 08:19 AM

Yes because he won multiple in Orlando. And he has the sickest post moves.
He will only give us 3 qts, unless he gets foul all game.

EVERYTHING they said about Shaq.

They said bs about Kobe.

Talk a lot of mess about LeBron.

What do you think people in Memphis said about Pau?

#35 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 18, 2013 - 09:19 AM

The new CBA does not allow Dwight to get max dollars from anyone other than Lakers - even in a sign and trade. If he leaves, he has to take significantly less money heading into an off-season where there are still questions about his back and he will likely have shoulder surgery.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#36 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 19, 2013 - 04:10 PM

https://twitter.com/...019419846279168

Kupchak said he is not trading Dwight Howard.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#37 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,707 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 19, 2013 - 04:30 PM

I fear for the Lakers' future much more if they sign Dwight than if they dont. I just dont see this guy as the cornerstone of the franchise for the next 5 or so years. I can see him signing a max deal, not playing well because of real or imagined injuries, not being very serious etc. Then the Lakers will be saddled with a HUGE contract for a crybaby inujry plagued center that they cant unload. On the other hand, a payroll cleared of virtually everyone by 2014 combined with a couple of meaningful draft picks Iif assets are traded now) outs the Lakers on the road to recovery 4- 5 years from now.

#38 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 19, 2013 - 04:34 PM

Phil Jackson would make us feel a lot better about Dwight.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#39 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted February 19, 2013 - 04:43 PM

They will field calls for Howard, but ultimately in the end he will remain a laker.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he is dealt.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users