manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,623 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 15, 2013 - 02:25 AM

trade dwight

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#22 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,494 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 15, 2013 - 07:00 AM

Keep Dwight, Trade Dwight, Let Dwight Walk.

Season is over. Better get on that Phone Mitch!

Edited by Chad, February 15, 2013 - 07:01 AM.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#23 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 15, 2013 - 07:20 AM

It's crazy how I spent sooooo many hours of last summer finding any news I could About Dwight becoming a Laker...then when we actually got him it was the most exciting news in the world

now a few months later I hate him and would be excited if he got traded : (

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,137 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 15, 2013 - 07:35 AM

Him AND Nash played legless out there today and yet theur screen and rolls seemed to be improving still.

This all_star break gives everyone much needed rest and time to unwind.

I will say, that when this team was put together, about 90 percent of the players thought it'd be easy. And were playing with a coasting mentality early in the season. In the second half of the season some coasters are stepping up but we needed it then.
$
Yes we're a team that's won 8 of our last 11 games but we need to play with urgency.

The all-star break is a good chance for the guys to get a chance to unwind and rest their legs, except Kobe and Dwight who will hopefully get more bonding time.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#25 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 15, 2013 - 08:11 AM

He looked good last night--18pts 8 rebounds 1 block 3 TOs, some good intereior passing, and his points in the 2nd kept the Lakers in the game until the blow out in the 3rd quarter.

Now Blake had a really poor game,.....

#26 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,416 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2013 - 08:15 AM

Him AND Nash played legless out there today and yet theur screen and rolls seemed to be improving still.

This all_star break gives everyone much needed rest and time to unwind.

I will say, that when this team was put together, about 90 percent of the players thought it'd be easy. And were playing with a coasting mentality early in the season. In the second half of the season some coasters are stepping up but we needed it then.
$
Yes we're a team that's won 8 of our last 11 games but we need to play with urgency.

The all-star break is a good chance for the guys to get a chance to unwind and rest their legs, except Kobe and Dwight who will hopefully get more bonding time.

How many more excuses does this team need. They need Nash back, they need to go on a road trip, now they need the all-star break. Lets just call a spade a spade, this team is bad.

#27 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,320 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 15, 2013 - 08:23 AM

He looked good last night--18pts 8 rebounds 1 block 3 TOs, some good intereior passing, and his points in the 2nd kept the Lakers in the game until the blow out in the 3rd quarter.

Now Blake had a really poor game,.....

He got manhandled by the Clippers bigs and they are not exactly known for their acumen around the rim. 18 pts because Kobe or Nash drew defense and got him easy ones. 8 boards because balls fell into his hands not because he went and got them. He ought to be averaging 26 and 15. Whether he is still recovering with the back or he's just lazy, the result is the same

Debbie Downer

#28 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 15, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Dwight--------------------------->Door

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#29 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 15, 2013 - 09:47 AM

I think THIS is a little overblown but I'm not happy about it either.

One thing you have to remember is if you want people to take things personally, you have to share the load. When you have teammates you treat like servants, you can't expect them to invest emotionally.

That said, Dwight has to take responsibility, not EXPECT it. If he takes charge of the situation instead of just rolling with the punches, he'll have a much more productive role on this team and will a legit chance to be more of a leader. All of these things he can do on his own, not waiting on a mantle or torch to be passed.

He's got to take this team's destiny into his own hands. Not seeing it on or off the court. Time to move on.

Give me Anthony Davis...or the #1 overall pick and take Nerlens Noel...anyone who WANTS to be the next great Laker BIG.

#30 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 09:49 AM

And to be fair, Shaq did the same things after losses in which he and Kobe weren't on the same page. Once Shaq felt he was no longer the focus of the team, he checked out emotionally...which is why Dr. Buss chose Kobe over Shaq...

Those who don't learn from history....

#31 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2013 - 10:04 AM

And to be fair, Shaq did the same things after losses in which he and Kobe weren't on the same page. Once Shaq felt he was no longer the focus of the team, he checked out emotionally...which is why Dr. Buss chose Kobe over Shaq...

Those who don't learn from history....

Don't compare Shaq to Dwight.

#32 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 488 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted February 15, 2013 - 10:16 AM

At this point I think dwight deserves it. At first I didn't like how Kobe would always criticize Dwight.

If his shoulder is really bad then why is he playing in the All-star game?

#33 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,290 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 15, 2013 - 10:22 AM

Thought Ill share my feelings. Hope they let him walk. Cant rebuild a Historic franchise like the Lakers around this guy.
Dont make the mistake dr. Buss

#34 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,395 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 15, 2013 - 10:28 AM

Do people remember Shaq's first season?

Some of you are young and I know that was 1996, but Shaq wasn't ready his first season here, whatsoever. it took until 200 for him to be ready

Lebron 's first year in Miami, and in Cleveland, he was a GREAT player, but he wasn't ready

Instant gratification, and all that is what people want but bottom line is you have to let Dwight grow.

Anthony Davis?

Please , just go away with statements like this...

You guys are so ENTITLED and emotional that it sometimes makes me sick.

Drew literally broke down in large part due to him playing INJURED for the Lakers and really in 2008 when he tried to come back too fast to help us win, is when it ALL went downhill.

People KILLED DREW last yeear to the point where Fans and Media told him to focus on rebounding and blocks.. he had 16 boards and 4 blocks through 3 quarters( Lakers lost to Denver) and people blamed Drew because they said he didn't TRY hard ewenough, I think he was 2 of 8 from the filed and people said he wasn't TRYING hard, that's why his offense sucked.

I don't forget things like that because I think America in general, LOVES to TEAR down black athletes.

back to Dwight and his BACK.

Do you guys know his back was sore last season and playing through it caused his injury?

You know what that tells me, MENTALLY he is not going to trust his body the way he did in Orlando.

This is called a TRANSITION year for HIM and for the TEAM. Dwight needs a ffull season and off-season for his BACK to get right let alone his TORN LABRUM, but after a loss he is the number one scapegoat, because fans really have little BASKETBALL IQ, or overall life experience.

If you are too young to even have had BACK PAIN, you can't imagine what Dwight talks about when he says his legs go numb and he had to re-learn how to WALK. But whatever, keep pushing him out of town for a young exciting team.

We'll be like when Magic came back and had Nick Van Exel and Vlade and eddie Jones and Cedric.

No we won't be in title conversations because only teams with Superstars win, but we will be fun and we can make it to the second round, depending on who we match up with...

lakers have ZERO titles without Magic in his prime, Kobe in his prime, Jerry West or Mikan.

You build around the guys that have the Superstar name

#35 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:24 AM

Don't compare Shaq to Dwight.

I think you missed the point of the post if that's what you got from it.

Point? Even if you're not happy with your touches or role, you can't go out and whine about it, be apathetic and expect to be rewarded for it.

Shaq played lazy when he felt slighted...Dwight may be doing the same.

History, meet future.

I'm sorry if you thought for one second I was comparing Shaq and Dwight's talents, abilities or skills. That was not even close to anything I hoped to relay in that post.

#36 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,137 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 15, 2013 - 12:07 PM

Do people remember Shaq's first season?

Some of you are young and I know that was 1996, but Shaq wasn't ready his first season here, whatsoever. it took until 200 for him to be ready

Lebron 's first year in Miami, and in Cleveland, he was a GREAT player, but he wasn't ready

Instant gratification, and all that is what people want but bottom line is you have to let Dwight grow.

Anthony Davis?

Please , just go away with statements like this...

You guys are so ENTITLED and emotional that it sometimes makes me sick.

Drew literally broke down in large part due to him playing INJURED for the Lakers and really in 2008 when he tried to come back too fast to help us win, is when it ALL went downhill.

People KILLED DREW last yeear to the point where Fans and Media told him to focus on rebounding and blocks.. he had 16 boards and 4 blocks through 3 quarters( Lakers lost to Denver) and people blamed Drew because they said he didn't TRY hard ewenough, I think he was 2 of 8 from the filed and people said he wasn't TRYING hard, that's why his offense sucked.

I don't forget things like that because I think America in general, LOVES to TEAR down black athletes.

back to Dwight and his BACK.

Do you guys know his back was sore last season and playing through it caused his injury?

You know what that tells me, MENTALLY he is not going to trust his body the way he did in Orlando.

This is called a TRANSITION year for HIM and for the TEAM. Dwight needs a ffull season and off-season for his BACK to get right let alone his TORN LABRUM, but after a loss he is the number one scapegoat, because fans really have little BASKETBALL IQ, or overall life experience.

If you are too young to even have had BACK PAIN, you can't imagine what Dwight talks about when he says his legs go numb and he had to re-learn how to WALK. But whatever, keep pushing him out of town for a young exciting team.

We'll be like when Magic came back and had Nick Van Exel and Vlade and eddie Jones and Cedric.

No we won't be in title conversations because only teams with Superstars win, but we will be fun and we can make it to the second round, depending on who we match up with...

lakers have ZERO titles without Magic in his prime, Kobe in his prime, Jerry West or Mikan.

You build around the guys that have the Superstar name

Sentiments exactly.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#37 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2013 - 12:49 PM

What I don't get is how you complain about your shoulder being in pain but pregame your taking half court hook shots?!?

#38 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,570 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 15, 2013 - 01:14 PM

Didn't Kobe once smile after missing a free throw in a close game?

2hf753r.jpg

#39 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,743 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 15, 2013 - 01:15 PM

It doesn't matter if he is smiling or frowning....its not going to make us win more games. We still have MD as the coach and Nash and Metta who can't guard anybody.

No D. No Wins

#40 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 15, 2013 - 01:47 PM

I think America in general, LOVES to TEAR down black athletes.

SMH

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users