#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:37 PM

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/...319879338475520

Kobe not naming names, but ... "After we lose by 20 or 30 points, we definitely can’t be laughing and joking around"

Edited by MDI, February 14, 2013 - 11:38 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:40 PM

Dwight Howard is just not going to work for us. He's a Lebron James type player (Though LeBron is certainly starting to develop a killer instinct personality).

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:41 PM

Dwight Howard is just not going to work for us. He's a Lebron James type player (Though LeBron is certainly starting to develop a killer instinct personality).

Yea but lebron puts up the stats and like you said has developed that killer instinct.

#4 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:41 PM

LOL Dwight Howard was never near the level of Lebron James even personality. Lebron maybe all jokes off the court but on the court and after games he loses by trust me Lebron James ain't joking around or laughing like Dwight Howard even in his Cleveland days.
Posted Image

• 40,396 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:42 PM

Don't forget Ebanks.

yo.

#6 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:43 PM

LOL Dwight Howard was never near the level of Lebron James even personality. Lebron maybe all jokes off the court but on the court and after games he loses by trust me Lebron James ain't joking around or laughing like Dwight Howard even in his Cleveland days.

Yeah. When the Cavs lost to the Magic in 09 he didn't shake no ones hand. I liked that actually. [expletive] everything but winning.

#7 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:47 PM

Sick of Dwight and his antics. Trade the bum.
htCCl0m.png

#8 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:50 PM

[expletive] you Dwight. You have nothing to offer this city or team. Your incoming max contract will just handicap whoever receives that bum deal. Peace brother and dont let the door hit you on the way out.

#9 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:54 PM

Both Lebron and Dwight worried about their image, but Lebron stopped giving a [expletive] a long time ago. And now he has one ring, and is on a streak of 30+ point games with 60% shooting. Dwight? he just got outplayed by Deandre Jordan.

#10 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:56 PM

LeBron used to laugh and joke around, but then after losing in the finals he got serious and went on a mission, and he's basically playing in god mode right now.

I'll give Dwight a pass for SOME of his performance, because I know multiple people who have had the same back issue and it is very difficult to recover from. It's actually still affecting everyone I know who's had it even years later. I also don't mind Dwight Howard having fun on the court and playing with a smile on his face since I recognize there are different types of leaders and not everyone is a Kobe or MJ when it comes to that.

But what I do take issue with, is Dwight's effort out there. You can be injured, but that doesn't mean all your screens are half assed and you complain about not getting touches in the post and not closing out on shots etc. I also have a problem with him joking around after a blowout. I don't even know how he does it, when I used to play ball competitively and lost games like that I'd be fuming. Hell I'm pretty pissed right now just watching them.

Edited by bfc1125roy, February 14, 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#11 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:58 PM

LeBron used to laugh and joke around, but then after losing in the finals he got serious and went on a mission, and he's basically playing in god mode right now.

I'll give Dwight the benefit for SOME of his performance, because I know multiple people who have had the same back issue and it is very difficult to recover from. It's actually still affecting everyone I know who's had it even years later. I also don't mind Dwight Howard having fun on the court and playing with a smile on his face since I recognize there are different types of leaders and not everyone is a Kobe or MJ when it comes to that.

But what I do take issue with, is Dwight's effort out there. You can be injured, but that doesn't mean all your screens are half assed and you complain about not getting touches in the post and not closing out on shots etc. I also have a problem with him joking around after a blowout. I don't even know how he does it, when I used to play ball competitively and lost games like that I'd be fuming. Hell I'm pretty pissed right now just watching them.

I know same here. I mean maybe when I was a sophomore on the bench on varsity I didnt take it as serous losing but when I was a junior and on and started I was always pissed and upset for days after losing.

#12 alexdim

alexdim

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Name:Alexander
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:59 PM

I really like Dwight as a player and as a personality, with all the smilimg, joking around and thing ... But this is getting outta hand. I mean WHAT THE [expletive], DWIGHT??? How can a grown ass man care so much about his "good guy" image and how can there be so much effin drama floating around him? He's doing a half assed job out there on the court for us. If he's going to keep his effort at this level, EVEN if he resigns with us (which I doubt), then I don't think I want this guy with the Lakers come next season ...

Edited by alexdim, February 15, 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#13 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 15, 2013 - 12:13 AM

Its sad that people question Dwight. U could see he had little lift tonight and this season has been tough.

I appreciate his effort though. Go Big Man

• 40,396 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 12:21 AM

Give Real Deal credit guys:

http://lakernation.c...40#entry1295312

yo.

#15 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 15, 2013 - 12:37 AM

Its sad that people question Dwight. U could see he had little lift tonight and this season has been tough.

Oh god please let this be sarcasm.

#16 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,668 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 15, 2013 - 12:39 AM

Dr Buss is dying, the team is playing badly, we get badly beaten by the clippers and the guy still joking around at the end...
Posted Image

#17 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 12:45 AM

What effort???

#18 Rad

Rad

• 1,628 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 12:49 AM

Suddenly, Rick Fox's comments are appearing more and more accurate.

#19 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted February 15, 2013 - 01:58 AM

Kobe stormed off the court with like 10 sec left

#20 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,374 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted February 15, 2013 - 02:12 AM

Even a hurt Bynum doesn't look so bad now. :bleh: Nah actually that's just Dwight win or lose. He led Orlando to the finals being that way. Our problems are way deeper than Dwight. We need to be more concerned with our old ass team trying to play defense. Dwight can't pick up the slack for an entire team that can't hold anyone off on the perimeter. We're not screwed because of Dwight, we're screwed because the front office believes in names instead of BALLERS. I'm not making excuses but when you have basically lost all of your big men and your starting PG is damn near 40 (who by the way wasn't good at defense when he was 25) it's hard to win. I don't see any reason not to blow this team up. Trade whoever and stop caring about feelings. If I can get the no.#1 overall pick for somebody, FINE. If I can get Rudy Gay and JR Smith for somebody; FINE. All I know is this ISH including Diantoni is not working. Stop making excused for this OLD ASS disfunctional team and do what you need to do for next year provided you can even trade these effed up contracts. By the way, a bunch of effin turnovers don't help either

Edited by lakersince75, February 15, 2013 - 02:16 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users