#21 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:38 PM

how so....

people already disqualify kobe from being better than MJ even if he gets 6 rings due to 2finals loses

however people dont disqualify lebron from the goat discussion but he has already loss in 2 nba finals and his first ring was in a lockout season

You must really hate LeBron huh? First you complain that he's not as good as Kobe because he never had 3 surgeries and that he rely on his athletic ability too much. Then now you complain about winning a championship in a lockout season? LOL.

I can do the same crap if I wanna hate on Kobe. How good can Kobe be if he can't shoot? How good can Kobe be if he's blind? See, the point is LeBron having an amazing athletic ability is part of him. LeBron doesn't have to go through everything Kobe had too just to show he's a great player. You act as if Kobe wasn't athletic in his 20s. I'm not saying he's more athletic than LeBron but you make it seem like kobe's such a whimp.

Then you think winning a championship on a lockout season is different? Why? Did the lakers played 82 games instead of 66? Win is a win.

#22 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 15, 2013 - 08:17 AM

MJ is alone as a talking head on that score. I don't think there is any question that right now, this season, this month, this week, Labron James is the best player in the NBA, which I define as being the best all-around impact player. Effortless points, defense, passing and leadership. This guy has got it going on and his team is rolling.

I'll leave the legacy discussions for another thread as to who the greatest player might be, whether Russel, West Havlicheck, Magic, Bird, Kobe, MJ, Kareem, or Pete Maravich.

But right now, James is the best.

#23 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 632 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2013 - 09:10 AM

You must really hate LeBron huh? First you complain that he's not as good as Kobe because he never had 3 surgeries and that he rely on his athletic ability too much. Then now you complain about winning a championship in a lockout season? LOL.

I can do the same crap if I wanna hate on Kobe. How good can Kobe be if he can't shoot? How good can Kobe be if he's blind? See, the point is LeBron having an amazing athletic ability is part of him. LeBron doesn't have to go through everything Kobe had too just to show he's a great player. You act as if Kobe wasn't athletic in his 20s. I'm not saying he's more athletic than LeBron but you make it seem like kobe's such a whimp.

Then you think winning a championship on a lockout season is different? Why? Did the lakers played 82 games instead of 66? Win is a win.

'' First you complain that he's not as good as Kobe because he never had 3 surgeries and that he rely on his athletic ability too much''
is this me complaining or is this a fact...stop it...l

Please you know the michael jordan fanboys would have been the 1st ones in line to discredit kobe if he won his 6th ring to tie jordan in a lockout season... you i and both know it... regardless of how i feel about lebron im just pointing out the clear hypocrasy of how lebron is in the discussion with jordan and kobe magically isnt..

bottom line is the media has always tried to discredit kobes accomplishments
but the same failures that lerbon has had he magically gets a pass....really guys stop it

at the end of the day kobe has 5 rings and has never won a championship with more than 1 allstar on the team during those runs
whereas lebron had 2 allstars

im just calling it like it is rather than eating up what ever BSPN tell you guys

#24 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,478 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2013 - 09:20 AM

Jordan would also take Kwame Brown with a number 1 pick. Just saying.

#25 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted February 15, 2013 - 09:40 AM

'' First you complain that he's not as good as Kobe because he never had 3 surgeries and that he rely on his athletic ability too much''
is this me complaining or is this a fact...stop it...l

Please you know the michael jordan fanboys would have been the 1st ones in line to discredit kobe if he won his 6th ring to tie jordan in a lockout season... you i and both know it... regardless of how i feel about lebron im just pointing out the clear hypocrasy of how lebron is in the discussion with jordan and kobe magically isnt..

bottom line is the media has always tried to discredit kobes accomplishments
but the same failures that lerbon has had he magically gets a pass....really guys stop it

at the end of the day kobe has 5 rings and has never won a championship with more than 1 allstar on the team during those runs
whereas lebron had 2 allstars

im just calling it like it is rather than eating up what ever BSPN tell you guys

If thats a fact would you mind showing the evidence that LeBron can't recover and still be an elite player after 3 knee injuries. So what if LeBron rely on his athletic ability? Its part of his game. He's just taking advantage of his ability same reason why Kobe always shoots because its his greatest strength.

Kobe is one of the best player to ever play this game but even if he wins another ring he won't touch Michael Jordan. The guy won 6 championship and won all finals MVP. You can't say that with Kobe.

And like I said before LeBron doesn't have to do what Kobe did to prove he's a great player.

#26 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 15, 2013 - 09:50 AM

If thats a fact would you mind showing the evidence that LeBron can't recover and still be an elite player after 3 knee injuries. So what if LeBron rely on his athletic ability? Its part of his game. He's just taking advantage of his ability same reason why Kobe always shoots because its his greatest strength.

Kobe is one of the best player to ever play this game but even if he wins another ring he won't touch Michael Jordan. The guy won 6 championship and won all finals MVP. You can't say that with Kobe.

And like I said before LeBron doesn't have to do what Kobe did to prove he's a great player.

A reason why people bring up LeBron relying on athleticism is because basically every player's going to lose a bit of athleticism as they get older. Wade's started experiencing it this season, he's playing better now but when the season started everyone was thinking he was done (I thought so). Athleticism is great when you still got plenty of it, but the point is that LeBron won't have that kind of dominance forever, and that's when he needs to show how great he is. Jordan could dunk from virtually anywhere on the court when he was young, as he got older he was better at picking and choosing shots, etc. to stay dominant (you can watch the 23 vs. 39 commercial even lol). Kobe's doing the same. If LeBron can do something similar then great, but it remains to be seen. He's a great player, but I still don't think that LeBron has done even half of what he needs to do to be mentioned truly in the same breath as Jordan (not saying that that's what you're saying if you're not lol) People may not like that opinion right now since LeBron's on fire, but he's not close to Jordan as far as careers go. This stretch is great, but it is what it is. Not saying LeBron's trash or anything.

#27 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,281 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 03:38 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...ased-titles-won

Lebron is salty as [expletive].

#28 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,865 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted February 15, 2013 - 03:47 PM

LBJ butthurt. Kobe and MJ prob having a laugh right now while texting each other lmao!

#29 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:02 PM

Apparently Jordan found a flaw in Lebron's game as well, pretty interesting:

LeBron James is the reigning NBA MVP and NBA Finals MVP and considered by many to be the top player in the league. He has dominated this month and became the first player in league history to score at least 30 points on over 60 percent shooting in six straight games. Though James is playing outstanding ball, Michael Jordan thinks he has found a flaw in the Heat star’s game.

ESPN’s Wright Thompson wrote an excellent piece about Jordan ahead of the Hall of Famer’s 50th birthday on Sunday. The lengthy piece discusses MJ dealing with aging and harnessing his competitive drive. Jordan discusses how some of the current players would have fared when he played, and he said LeBron, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, and Dirk Nowitzki would have done well. He also analyzed a part of James’ game while watching the Heat play the Jazz in Utah Jan. 14. According to Jordan, LeBron has a tendency to shoot jumpshots when forced left, and he drives to the hoop when he goes right.

“I study him,” he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. “So if I have to guard him,” Jordan says, “I’m gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he’s gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he’s going to the hole and I can’t stop him. So I ain’t letting him go right.”

There's a chart in the link that supports his theory as well

http://network.yardb...s_game/12926980

• 40,603 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 01:34 PM

^ That's pretty awesome.

yo.

#31 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000