#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,283 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 14, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Via ESPN:

Michael Jordan likes the bling of Kobe Bryant better than the King saying in an interview that, if given a choice, he would take Kobe over LeBron.

NICE! Well... MJ is the king .. and Kobe his fellow ;) love it.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 622 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Kobe is the true heir to his airness. LeBron just doesn't have the "fire" and spirit that MJ & Kobe do
Posted Image

#3 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,283 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 04:02 PM

i agree. Kobe is one shot wilder than Lebron

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 14, 2013 - 04:32 PM

Of course he would Kobe is like the same player as him mentally and skill wise Lebron is a completely different player

#5 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,004 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 04:46 PM

Lebron has had a better season so far, but Kobe's career is much more impressive

#6 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 580 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 14, 2013 - 05:35 PM

i would like to see how ''good'' lebron would be if he had 3 knee surgeries broken fingers ect

kobe has had these and is still elite

with lerbron's game heavily predicated on his athletic ability would he be as good ...i think not

#7 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,385 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted February 14, 2013 - 05:37 PM

It'll be interesting to see how good Lebron is when his athleticism starts to fade

#8 Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Fan Since:When Kobe joined the Lakers, lookingat old Lakers vids
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem

Posted February 14, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Kind of understandable since he's always said he saw himself in Kobe. There's a video on youtube showing Kobe and MJ's moves being exactly identical. Coincidence? Could be. Plus their approach is the same "Win, win, win F-ck the rest".
PLEASE FOLLOW THE SIG RULE. 460X140 IS THE MAX SIZE. THANKS.

#9 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,541 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted February 14, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Kobe and Jordan far more skilled players (especially Kobe), but by the end of his career I believe Lebron will be the best ever.

#10 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 14, 2013 - 06:09 PM

no sheet sherlock
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#11 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 580 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 14, 2013 - 06:32 PM

Kobe and Jordan far more skilled players (especially Kobe), but by the end of his career I believe Lebron will be the best ever.

how so....

people already disqualify kobe from being better than MJ even if he gets 6 rings due to 2finals loses

however people dont disqualify lebron from the goat discussion but he has already loss in 2 nba finals and his first ring was in a lockout season

#12 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 389 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted February 14, 2013 - 06:38 PM

The biggest difference is Kobe has an uncanny killer instinct. Much like MJ did. LBJ is awesome but is not the killer Kobe is. At least not yet.

#13 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 14, 2013 - 06:41 PM

The biggest difference is Kobe has an uncanny killer instinct. Much like MJ did. LBJ is awesome but is not the killer Kobe is. At least not yet.

plus lbj gets "MJ ref treatment"! kobe does not. thats why he is better cuz he wins & plays at a high level in spite of them!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#14 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 14, 2013 - 06:55 PM

Lets see how Lebron adjusts his game when he reaches his mid thirties first, he won't have the luxury of simply bulldozing his way to the rim nor outpacing opposing wings. Both MJ and KB adjusted their games well to their rising age and declining athleticism, thats why they're the all time greats.

#15 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,541 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted February 14, 2013 - 07:30 PM

Nobody can discount what MJ did. He's the GOAT. I think he won 7 consecutive scoring titles, 10 overall? Something like that. 5 MVPs, 6 championships, yadda yadda yadda, we all know his accolades.

The difference to me is that Lebron rebounds and assists in addition to being able to average 27 per game. Such a complete force. Are there better scorers? Sure. Better passers? Yes. Rebounders? Absolutely. Shot blockers? Perimeter defenders? Post scorers? Yes yes yes. But he is the only player who can do EVERYTHING consistently. By the end of his career, his total point, rebound, and assist totals could put him in a class by himself. There will be guys with more points, more assists, more boards, but nobody with such a complete stat line like his.

To me Kobe has the greatest offensive arsenal the game has ever seen. He's my favorite player of all time. His footwork is something Lebron could only dream of. But Lebron is such a physical freak coupled with Magic-like court vision. He can dribble, pass, shoot, rebound, get to the rim, get to the line, defend. 6'9 (give or take) and 260. He can do everything.

But he will have an asterisk in a lot of people's minds because he had to leave Cleveland, which I understand. I don't fault him for that though personally. I don't take anything away from Charles Barkley for changing teams, I don't knock Shaq for it, and I won't hate on Lebron because of it.

#16 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 14, 2013 - 07:34 PM

People keep looking at individual stats with LeBron, but you have to look at the overall picture. I personally think its absolutely ridiculous how KB has only won 1 MVP but 5 championships makes up for that. Kobe has a lot more drive and passion than Lebron and if LBJ plays like the way Kobe is when he's 34 then I'll be impressed. Until then, Kobe will always be second to MJ.
DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#17 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,283 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 07:47 PM

lebron kind of ruined his career already with the summer of 2010...

kobe never did things like this

#18 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,307 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted February 14, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Of course he would Kobe is like the same player as him mentally and skill wise Lebron is a completely different player

this is the true
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#19 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted February 14, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Taken completely out of context, he was originally responding to who has had the better career:

Interviewed for a special that will run Monday at 8 p.m. on NBA TV, Jordan said he currently views Bryant as having the more successful career to this point than James.

"If you had to pick between the two, that would be a tough choice," Jordan, now owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, told program host Ahmad Rashad, "but five beats one every time I look at it."

http://touch.sun-sen...e/p2p-74424912/

No way MJ thinks that Kobe is better than LeBron right now. Over their careers, yes, but right now no one is touching LeBron. He's having one of the most impressive seasons of any player in NBA history. It's ridiculous how easy he's making it look.

#20 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 09:10 PM

if he's talking about this season then he's lying. if he's talking their careers i can see that.

if i was starting a team with a 20 year old version of each i'd go with kobe.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users