Photo

Of the Lakers' core, who has been the biggest let down?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Biggest Let Down (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Of our core, whos been the biggest disappointment on our roster?

1. Kobe (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Pau (8 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

3. Dwight (41 votes [70.69%])

Percentage of vote: 70.69%

4. Ron (8 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

5. Nash (1 votes [1.72%])

Percentage of vote: 1.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 12, 2013 - 04:25 AM

Just wondering what the over all LN consensus was.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,278 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 12, 2013 - 04:31 AM

Pau

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,215 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 04:41 AM

They were who we thought they were.

#4 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,352 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 12, 2013 - 05:35 AM

Dwight. There's no question about it. He's a shell of the dominant force he was. And don't tell me he still isn't 100% .. How much more do we have to wait ? Next season ? He'd probably be gone by then. Plus he's a drama queen. He should shut the hell up and play his heart out on the floor.

#5 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 12, 2013 - 05:47 AM

Pau easily. Dwight and Nash have been disappointments, but Pau has been utter garbage for most of the season. He was worse than the average NBA player for a lot of the season.

Posted Image

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 12, 2013 - 05:47 AM

Howard is doing less of what I expected, but not THAT much less. I figured he'd be at 20/12 on 60% FG. He's at 16/12 on 58% FG. Defensively, he's contesting shots and is clearly out best defensive big man (by a mile), but the elevation isn't there...which I expected.

So, I can't really say Dwight.

Anyone saying Kobe deserves a ban.

After seeing Nash last year, I expected what we're getting out of him this season. He just needs to shoot a bit more.

Ron should have it much easier, but I'm not surprised he's still jacking (and missing) shots. Defense has fallen off significantly, though.

However, Gasol is the guy that is most disappointing, because of his horrible start, the slight increase in play after Howard was injured, BUT it was accompanied by whining and, eventually, an injury that is now going to keep him out at the most important stretch of games.

With Kobe, Howard and Nash all drawing more attention, and the fact that Gasol can play 16 feet of court, it's Pau who should have it the easiest out of all of our starters...and yet, he just never did capitalize on it, and probably won't.

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 12, 2013 - 06:52 AM

Pau easily.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#8 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,553 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:08 AM

dwight, yeah hes out of a major injury, but at least he could try to set better picks

pua, has sucked for more than 2 years i was expecting that
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#9 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:10 AM

Howard is doing less of what I expected, but not THAT much less. I figured he'd be at 20/12 on 60% FG. He's at 16/12 on 58% FG. Defensively, he's contesting shots and is clearly out best defensive big man (by a mile), but the elevation isn't there...which I expected.

So, I can't really say Dwight.

Howard's been nothing but a disappointment!

It's true that if you look at his numbers they're not far away from his average... but they don't tell the whole story... he's been a shadow of what he used to be in Orlando...

How many games has he dominated so far? a couple at home, no more than that...
How many times has he played like crap and acted like a cry baby? too many!

Remember the Memphis stat sheet episode? Was he trying to impersonate Bynum? WTF?

He's probably not a 100%, but was that ever an excuse for Pau? So it won't be for Howard either...

Howard was also never asked to move to the perimeter and start shooting threes, so he's getting my vote.

Can we have Bynum back? Sure he'll be inconsistent and childish at times... but that's nothing we haven't seen from Howard already... and at least Bynum's got some post moves... just don't let him go bowling. :D
Posted Image

#10 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:13 AM

pua, has sucked for more than 2 years i was expecting that

That's why he's the biggest disappointment. Pau Gasol has been in LA for some years know, he's played with Kobe, he's lived in the city, he's use to his co-workers and bosses.

DH is in a new city, new teammates, new bosses, and he's coming off back surgery.

What's Pau's excuse?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#11 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:47 AM

Disappointment is just a difference in expectations.

Kobe has surpassed my expectations and Nash has met them. Dwight's fell below the bar I set in terms of his effort and attitude, but as per the numbers I was expecting 17-20 ppg 12-14 rpg 60% fg as I stated before the season, so he's not that far off.

I expected better from Ron, but a lot of that has to do with D'Antoni giving him the green light to shoot (and basically brick) everything. I also thought he'd be playing better defense.

Pau is an interesting case. I knew he wouldn't be the same player as the one that helped the Lakers to 2 rings, but I thought he would benefit from having 3 other stars on the court and be able to use his passing accordingly. Instead there's been a lot of complaining on his end and not much else. Again some of the blame goes to D'Antoni for [expletive]ing up the floor spacing, but I guess Pau really messed up so he's definitely the biggest let down, followed by MWP.

Edited by bfc1125roy, February 12, 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#12 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,352 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:51 AM

I think Pau's role to this team got a lot different with Dwight coming to LA. He's what ? The 4th scoring option on the team ? Pau's role got a lot more limited. I think he gets far less touches and when he misses some of them he automatically becomes garbage to the regular fan. Pau's defense was never great, but playing less minutes, having a limited role, not get trusted enough by coach and teammates can do bad things for your confidence and motivation. You see Pau will never be a great defender and he his scoring is down, because all of a sudden you have Dwight Howard in the middle of the paint. His numbers are down, but that doesn't exactly mean he's underachieving.

Pau was great when he was the second scoring option after Kobe (07-10) and he can still give you 20 points a night. He showed it when Dwight was out. Unfortunately the injury came at the worst possible time, right when the team started to get momemntum. Now I'm not saying Pau should get more touches than Dwight, but he needs them so he can do something and not look like he's underachieving. Maybe Pau and Dwight can't coexist. Maybe Pau will be gone after this season .. But he's not our main problem ..

Edited by Saber, February 12, 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#13 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 12, 2013 - 08:05 AM

Can we have Bynum back? Sure he'll be inconsistent and childish at times... but that's nothing we haven't seen from Howard already... and at least Bynum's got some post moves... just don't let him go bowling. :D

If we had retained Bynum, he would be sitting on the bench the whole season in a suit, with bad hair, and a grin on his face. And the team would probably get knocked out of the second round again anyway. Can we just wait to see how he does as the man in Philly first?

#14 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted February 12, 2013 - 08:50 AM

D12s got some poor decision making ...

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#15 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson

Posted February 12, 2013 - 09:14 AM

I was expecting Dwight to be getting more dunks and lobs but he's more interested in not knowing how to do a simple drop step, getting stripped and throwing up ugly bricks. So I'd say Dwight.

#16 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 12, 2013 - 09:18 AM

1. Gasol
2. Nash
3. MWP
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#17 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,857 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 12, 2013 - 09:36 AM

MWP

Pau

Our bench

2div

#18 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 12, 2013 - 09:48 AM

I never expected Dwight to be Shaq 2.0, so I don't consider what hes given us a dissappointment. I would say Pau has dissappointed because I thought he would excel in the Nash PNR. But an even bigger dissappointment was the health problems that have prevented this team from building rhythm and chemistry.

#19 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,459 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted February 12, 2013 - 09:53 AM

Pau most def. Yall need to watch First Take this morning about Howard.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, February 12, 2013 - 10:04 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#20 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 12, 2013 - 09:55 AM

Dwight as he is destroying the Lakers from the inside, then he is followed by Pau, because his trade value is going down

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users