50 replies to this topic

#41 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 12, 2013 - 03:49 PM

And its still more than Bynum's. He draws way more attention on the court than any body not name Kobe, that's why he should be getting the ball. Want to know why they double him or send him to the line? Because no one can guard him one on one. I wonder how someone who doesn't have any post moves still average better numbers than someone who does have post moves.

LOL are you serious right now?!? a second option bynum can average 18 when healthy that's getting no where near as many touches Dwight has got this season... and your telling me that Bynum couldn't average more points than Dwight if he was the guy getting the most touches and shots every game?!?! Let's be honest here Bynum is a way better offensive player than Dwight by far.... the gap between offensive skills is huge!!

The only reason I wanted Dwight here was because I thought he would have played with more heart than Bynum and could be more consistent than Bynum and was more mature than Bynum but he is just as Immature as him and is slowing turning into how Bynum was last year.....

Dwight is a much better defensive player than Bynum and is more consistent on defense than Bynum but like Rick Fox is saying he shouldn't be worried about how many shots he's getting up he should be focused on what he was brought here for.. and that's to be a defensive powerhouse, rebound, and play with more heart than Bynum

and Bynum HAD to be doubled all last year his Issue was that he couldn't handle a double team but in most situations if it was one on one he would score with ease

#42 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted February 12, 2013 - 04:05 PM

Bynum was the guy we ran the offense through last year. I too think Bynum is the better offense player, but Dwight is still averaging better numbers. So I don't care if Bynum is the better offense player. Yall expected Howard to be the Orlando Howard and he is clearly is not, this is his first ever major injury, you can see its bothering him and he is trying. You don't go from giving effort night in and night out and how he played on the court to what we are seeing now. I do agree he should be quite and stop talking to the media and complaining about touches (even though he should be getting more). Kobe and Howard should be getting the most touches. So yeah, I more impressed with the dude who doesn't have any post move and still needs to be doubled and still can't be stopped one on one.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, February 12, 2013 - 04:09 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#43 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Bynum was the guy we ran the offense through last year. I too think Bynum is the better offense player, but Dwight is still averaging better numbers. So I don't care if Bynum is the better offense player. Yall expected Howard to be the Orlando Howard and he is clearly is not, this is his first ever major injury, you can see its bothering him and he is trying. You don't go from giving effort night in and night out and how he played on the court to what we are seeing now. I do agree he should be quite and stop talking to the media and complaining about touches (even though he should be getting more). Kobe and Howard should be getting the most touches. So yeah, I more impressed with the dude who doesn't have any post move and still needs to be doubled and still can't be stopped one on one.

Kwame Brown Locked him down in a game against Philly earlier this year one on one... soooo I wouldn't say he needs more touches LOL

My arguement is he shouldn't demand more touches if he's not an efficient or consistent post scorer

#44 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 06:04 PM

whoop dee doo! Who hasn't got locked up in a game. Plus Brown is a really good low post defender. Don't act like Bynum never got locked up before because he has. I already told you why he should be getting more touches so i'm done with that.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, February 12, 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#45 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:07 PM

whoop dee doo! Who hasn't got locked up in a game. Plus Brown is a really good low post defender. Don't act like Bynum never got locked up before because he has. I already told you why he should be getting more touches so i'm done with that.

I'm not talking about that one game he has not been efficient from the post most of this season I remember one game we were playing against the Kings and he was getting stripped every time by chuck hayes... and was having a hard time even getting position in the post against the KINGs! and this has happened so many times...

and he really shouldn't get more touches until he develops a SOLID post game.. until then he should just be rolling to the basket

#46 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:23 PM

Chuck Hayes is a good low post defender too, and Howard didn't have much space to do anything and always had a defender coming over to strip the ball too. You give Howard touches because he is still a threat to teams, obviously he still needs work on his post moves but he was effective and got the ball constantly in Orlando with what he had and got the to the finals and to the playoffs last year. It might be because of injury or it might be because of spacing, might be both.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, February 12, 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#47 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted February 13, 2013 - 10:00 PM

LOL are you serious right now?!? a second option bynum can average 18 when healthy that's getting no where near as many touches Dwight has got this season...

What are you talking about?? Bynum last year averaged 3 more shots per game than Howard this year...

Bynum '11-'12 - 18.7ppg on 13.3fga, .558 FG%
Howard '12-'13 - 16.3ppg on 10.2fga, .576 FG%

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#48 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 10:41 AM

What are you talking about?? Bynum last year averaged 3 more shots per game than Howard this year...

Bynum '11-'12 - 18.7ppg on 13.3fga, .558 FG%
Howard '12-'13 - 16.3ppg on 10.2fga, .576 FG%

Don't go off last year stats considering he was out due to his back injury go to the season where he averaged 22 points a game when he was the primary option and at his healthiest I bet the shot attempts would be higher

#49 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted February 14, 2013 - 05:43 PM

Don't go off last year stats considering he was out due to his back injury go to the season where he averaged 22 points a game when he was the primary option and at his healthiest I bet the shot attempts would be higher

I'm not going to refer to his "22 point a game" season. You said it yourself in your post "getting no where near as many touches Dwight has got THIS season."

Even if I did refer to his 22.9ppg season, what would I find? Dwight averaged 13.4fga - same as Bynum last year.

Whatever point you're trying to make, it doesn't make sense...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#50 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 14, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Don't care what Dwight wants.
Don't care what Kobe wants.

Play as a team, share the ball, play defense together. This team is built to win easily. They are beating themselves.

#51 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:16 AM

Our chemistry, our ball movement, our spacing, it all seems much better with Dwight off the floor. Dwight might help defensively, but when it comes to offense, I wish we had Bynum, that guy will fight for position, for the ball, and will create his own shot. If STEVE NASH, STEVE NASH out of ALL players gets pissed at him, then that means we need to get rid of Dwight. And you can tell he doesn't want to be here, because if he did he'd say so, and he is just trying to sugar coat it right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users