50 replies to this topic

#21 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,489 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 11, 2013 - 09:57 PM

damn Howard got to the Finals and stayed in AT least the second round of the playoffs. never had a bad team past his rookie year

#22 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 12, 2013 - 01:55 AM

Just from 4 yrs ago when he had the amazing run to the finals, that explosion quick feet off the ground isnt there this year. 40/14 against an Ilgauskas/Ben Wallace/Varejao group that locked down Duncan pretty good in the 07 finals is pretty damn good. We need this guy to get his attitude straightened out & then his body healthy

Edited by MDI, February 12, 2013 - 01:56 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#23 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,698 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 12, 2013 - 02:07 AM

rick fox is right!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#24 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 12, 2013 - 05:36 AM

Long after Kobe, Nash, and Pao are gone (end of next year), the team will have to have some pieces in place to rebuild with free agents, trades, and draft picks. There is no better player out there then to start with Dwight Howard. And he can earn more here than elsewhere.

is he the savoir of this team? Nope. Is he one of the top four centers in the game? Yep.

Get over it and embrace Dwight Howard.

this all all B.S.
Read the original post. His highest ppg average ever was 22. His career average is 18.
A player like that isnt going to lead us into the promised land after KB/Pau are gone.
Dwight is a complimentary piece to a championship puzzle. Hes not the cornerstone that you and others like you make him out to be.

Stop pretending The 09-10 Magic didnt have Vince Carter, Hedo Turk, Matt Barnes, Jameer Nelson, Michael Pietrus, Rashard Lewis and JJ Reddick on the the team. I mean damn D12 only averaged 18.3 that year not 28.3.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#25 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 12, 2013 - 08:02 AM

All of those people were not on the Magics in 09-10. Besides, that's not even the year they got to the finals.

#26 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 12, 2013 - 08:20 AM

All of those people were not on the Magics in 09-10

oh really?
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2010.html

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#27 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,378 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted February 12, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Dwight needs his confidence boosted. He needs to have big games. At some points of the game he looks like he's scared .. He's scared of what people might say. He has to man up and get used to all the criticism .. It's LA, not Orlando .. The spotlight is much brighter here and he has to get used to it if he's going to stay here ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#28 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,920 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 12, 2013 - 09:06 AM

i think it's more tentative then scared really. he is still not healthy, his nerve problems caused by the back surgery are gonna linger throughout the year.

despite that, he's not handling his injury (or losing in the intense LA limelight), gracefully at ALL.

what the [expletive] kind of person/player do you need to be to go at it with Steve Nash of all people. i would've expected that from Kobe at some point in this year, but not Dwight.

2div

#29 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted February 12, 2013 - 11:59 AM

-He went on to talk about Dwight in Orlando and when the Lakers played them in the finals. How their game plan was to shut out on the shooters and take them out of the game, and when Dwight had to score 40-45 points a game he couldnt.

- Said Dwight is the same player he was when he first came into the league. How he does not see any major improvements in his game today compared to his 2nd/3rd year in the league.

Exactly my points about Dwight that has always led me to believe that he is not the best center in the game.

I still believe that Andrew is better then him.

Defensively, Dwight is tremendous, offensively, this team cannot rely on him.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#30 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted February 12, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Unfortunately, all I see are a bunch of put-back dunks and ally-op passes at the rim.

Where is the foot work.
Where are the pow post move and counter moves.

Are we going to win more rings with Dwight running from left to right throwing the ball at the rim?
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#31 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 12:08 PM

who cares how he does it as long as he does what he did in Orlando? Thats the point. hes isnt doing what he did there here because his back and shoulders are hurting and his attitude has been pathetic. The talent is there. We see glimpses of it here and there

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#32 GO24Seven

GO24Seven

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Name:Gilbert
  • Fan Since:Born A LAKER
  • Fav. Laker:ANY 1 IN the Purple & Gold

Posted February 12, 2013 - 01:02 PM

There is a reason why this season has gone to [expletive] from the beginning. Dwight Howard's presence alone brings the mood of the entire team down. He's like a dark cloud.

#33 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 12, 2013 - 02:30 PM

Rick Fox is right though.... you can't expect to get a lot of touches and you have never in your career scored about 25 points as the "GUY" on your team and Andrew Bynum was a more consistent post player than Dwight and could score at will under the basket... his problem was immaturity and being inconsistent on defense he doesn't get enough touches on offense..

If i would have known that Dwight would pretty much be even worst than Bynum maturity wise... we might as well kept him if that was the case..

When we first got Dwight I was thinking "yes our defense has improved MUCH better than before and now we should be getting destroyed by pick and rolls all day" but it seems like our defense and offense are even worst than last year and we can't even stay healthy

Ramon Sessions would have been better for this team than Steve Nash

#34 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,490 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted February 12, 2013 - 02:47 PM

He scored 40 points being the "Guy" and took Orlando to the Finals being the "Guy" [expletive] is you talking bout.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, February 12, 2013 - 02:49 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#35 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 03:04 PM

He scored 40 points being the "Guy" and took Orlando to the Finals being the "Guy" [expletive] is you talking bout.

PER GAME!!! he's never averaged more than 22 or 20 points a game as the "Guy"... on his team... we will see how Andrew Does in Philly if he ever gets healthy but I'm sure he can atleast average 25 if he's the guy on a team and learns how to handle double teams better.... but Dwight is not an offensive player he's a defensive superstar..

#36 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,490 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 03:16 PM

Dwight averaged over 20 per game 4 times in his career as the "guy" and Bynum has yet to do it.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, February 12, 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#37 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 03:27 PM

PER GAME!!! he's never averaged more than 22 or 20 points a game as the "Guy"... on his team...

Dwight averaged over 20 per game 4 times in his career as the "guy" and Bynum has yet to do it.

Did you read anything I said?
and the most he's ever averaged is 22 ppg and 20 a couple other seasons.. I agree with what Rick Fox said because if you barely averaged 20 points a game over your career what makes you think you deserve 20 shots a game?!?.. He made a name in this league as a defensive player if he happens to score that's a plus but he should put his focus on DEFENSE something that he was brought here to do than worry about his shot attempts when he's not even a PROLIFIC scorer with a consistent post game

#38 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,434 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 12, 2013 - 03:34 PM

Dwight should yell at Blake to give him the [expletive]in ball

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#39 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,490 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 03:35 PM

Did you read anything I said?
and the most he's ever averaged is 22 ppg and 20 a couple other seasons.. I agree with what Rick Fox said because if you barely averaged 20 points a game over your career what makes you think you deserve 20 shots a game?!?.. He made a name in this league as a defensive player if he happens to score that's a plus but he should put his focus on DEFENSE something that he was brought here to do than worry about his shot attempts when he's not even a PROLIFIC scorer with a consistent post game

And its still more than Bynum's. So how can u say bynum can atleast average 25 when we haven't seen him do it . Howard draws way more attention on the court than any body not name Kobe on the team, that's why he should be getting the ball. Want to know why they double him or send him to the line? Because no one can guard him one on one. I wonder how someone who doesn't have any post moves still average better numbers than someone who does have post moves. (I believe its injuries that is stopping Howard from doing what he wants to do because his body wont let him do it consistently. Thats why you see flashes of him. He is trying but his body wont let him.) It takes a team to play Defense, Hell we don't even have a defense scheme.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, February 12, 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#40 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted February 12, 2013 - 03:40 PM

Dwight should yell at Blake to give him the [expletive]in ball

Bring Sasha back, then Dwight can yell that.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users