50 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Recap from LG

Like Christyle said, its alot to remember. However, one thing that stood out to me was when they were discussing Dwight always complaining about touches and how the offense should go through him.

-Fox asked Max and Marcellus what was Dwight's highest PPG average when he was the number one option. They said 20-22ppg and Fox was like ( im paraphrasing here) "So why would you go into a big guy 20-30 times a game and you're only going to get 20-22 points as a NUMBER ONE OPTION?

-He went on to talk about Dwight in Orlando and when the Lakers played them in the finals. How their game plan was to shut out on the shooters and take them out of the game, and when Dwight had to score 40-45 points a game he couldnt.

- Said Dwight is the same player he was when he first came into the league. How he does not see any major improvements in his game today compared to his 2nd/3rd year in the league.

- He also mentioned that everything he's hearing from Dwight and seeing from Dwight screams he doesnt want to be here.

- He said that Dwight needs to sit down and really think about the history of this franchise. If he did that he would realize the rich legacy and embrass it. And by doing that he would fall in line and not butt heads with Kobe. One of the greatest to ever do it. He said would he butt heads with Jordan like this? Max said he just m ight and then Fox said then he needs to go.

- Said Dwight should find value in being a Bill Russell for this team

- Said from the things he's hearing from Dwight he has a loser's mentality.

- He also said Dwight needs to realize doing it his way has him exactly where he is today. No rings. He needs to realize he has people around him that have won mulitple times saying this is not the way you do things. This is not championship play or a championship mentality

It was so much, if i can recall anything else I'll post. Just know Foxy was on Fire and he was speaking nothing but utter TRUTH when it comes to Dwight.

LINK: http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=8938049

Edited by MDI, February 11, 2013 - 05:18 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:38 PM

Having all these people ripping Dwight is no good. Well in some case, I am happy because Dwight is acting like a cry baby.

Dwight needs to schedule a private meeting meeting with BOTH Mitch AND D'Antoni.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3 idontevenknow

idontevenknow

Rookie

• 91 posts
  • Name:Zeus
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:39 PM

The truth hurts but its all true

#4 Rad

Rad

• 1,641 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:42 PM

Interesting comments to say the least. However, the season hasn't been an easy one for the Lakers with so many variables thrown into the mix; injuries, roster changes, coaching changes.. tons of adjustments to be made.

#5 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Long after Kobe, Nash, and Pao are gone (end of next year), the team will have to have some pieces in place to rebuild with free agents, trades, and draft picks. There is no better player out there then to start with Dwight Howard. And he can earn more here than elsewhere.

is he the savoir of this team? Nope. Is he one of the top four centers in the game? Yep.

Get over it and embrace Dwight Howard.

#6 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:46 PM

Long after Kobe, Nash, and Pao are gone (end of next year), the team will have to have some pieces in place to rebuild with free agents, trades, and draft picks. There is no better player out there then to start with Dwight Howard. And he can earn more here than elsewhere.

is he the savoir of this team? Nope. Is he one of the top four centers in the game? Yep.

:woot:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#7 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,081 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:52 PM

Phil Jackson.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#8 idontevenknow

idontevenknow

Rookie

• 91 posts
  • Name:Zeus
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:55 PM

Dwight cant be the future of the Lakers. Im sorry. This franchise deserves so much more and his attitude alone stinks up the place

#9 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:03 PM

He'll learn, whether he stays or leaves .. Its bit too much on him though ..

#10 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,711 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:28 PM

Fox went in on Dwight
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#11 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hard to disagree with what he said.

#12 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:35 PM

I wonder when Dwight will wake up everybody wants him to step up

#13 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,884 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:40 PM

Notice how all the beefs are kobe dwight or nash dwight etc. All the other players seem to be fine with one another but dwight is getting angry at everyone.

#14 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:47 PM

He's exactly right.

Posted Image

#15 24kobe24

24kobe24

Rookie

• 13 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:magic

Posted February 11, 2013 - 09:28 PM

I agree to some degree with fox. But I think that they are going with this the wrong way. Why would u talk crab on the air. That makes things so much worse. It's as easy as sit him down one on one and give him some pointers and advice and let him decide whether he takes it or not. I think what fox did was a little immature. I agree on a lot of the stuff he said though. Of course dwights not resigning looking at all the crab he's getting publicly. That would piss me of to.

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 11, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Totally disagree, Fox , like all these former Lakers, have zero clue. way too emotional .

everyone acting like 26 is the age where this guy is supposed to be mature. its DUMB

Edited by BasketballIQ, February 11, 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#17 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 09:38 PM

He'll learn, whether he stays or leaves .. Its bit too much on him though ..

Hes a grown ass man

Don't want to hear that

He wants Max money and can't lead this team to the locker room
His head is somewhere else....... let him go
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#18 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 09:45 PM

Totally disagree, Fox , like all these former Lakers, have zero clue. way too emotional .

everyone acting like 26 is the age where this guy is supposed to be mature. its DUMB

Hell yeah he is supposed to be mature....what we gotta wait til hes 33??
If he would attempt to act like "these former LAKERS" he'd be better off and so would we
He wants Max money....... when he gets paid will be he be more mature??

"Former LAKERS have no clue"??? No they just have Rings and the experiences that got them there
Howard has not won anything........ and he wants to be the Man? Because he s Big??
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

• 40,556 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hes a grown ass man

Don't want to hear that

Exactly. He needs to listen to Sweet Brown's advice, ain't nobody got time for that!

yo.

#20 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 09:51 PM

I agree to some degree with fox. But I think that they are going with this the wrong way. Why would u talk crab on the air. That makes things so much worse. It's as easy as sit him down one on one and give him some pointers and advice and let him decide whether he takes it or not. I think what fox did was a little immature. I agree on a lot of the stuff he said though. Of course dwights not resigning looking at all the crab he's getting publicly. That would piss me of to.

He has already rejected advice........ he has said that he will play his own way
Fox had an opinion ....he answered the questions....so you want him to lie??
Fox related that he went from winning 15 games in Boston...where people talked like Howard does now...Losers!!
Then he came to LA and won 3 Rings...thats credability........ but we are supposed to surrender to Howards way of dealing with ....PRESSURE??

LAKERS NO FAKERS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users