21 replies to this topic

#1 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 11, 2013 - 02:42 AM

Her words (I think I got them right, cant find a link) last night on the post game show. Her comment that we should not mistake scoring for leadership was spot on in my view. Kobe is an incredible athlete and scorer, but his leadership is and always has been lacking in my view.

So now all you Kobe apologists can do some hating on her, a la Magic. Go for it. :o)

#2 Rad

Rad

• 1,631 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 02:54 AM

What's there to hate about? She is stating the obvious of what everyone has already known for the entire season, nothing new here.

#3 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 11, 2013 - 03:47 AM

I think to much is being made of our failures. Truth is we haven't been healthy and that is the route fo the chemistry issues, you can't build chemistry if you dont play together.

On the leadership issue I don't agree even if you don't think Kobe is a good leader. What about Nash? Dwight? Pau? All of them have had leadership experience and are leaders in one way or another. Our problem isn't lack of leadership it is too much leadership. A functioning team needs good leaders and good followers and it needs more good followers than leaders. Someone has to be ultimately in control and have the final say.

Our Defence can be very good but is still inconsistant and thats an effort, personnel and chemistry issue.

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,442 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 11, 2013 - 04:41 AM

Kobes fine. His leadership and abilities are a non issue.
Leadership in order to be effective starts from the top down. When the FO hired Dantoniomos a break in leadership was created.
proof in point was early in the 4th qt of the Lakers/Heat game last night, when KB was on the bench and during a time out, D12, Meta and Clark had a moment on the side lines where they were basically coaching each other and talking about the cuts, reads and who should take the shot when and if something occurs. D12 said Meta should have shot the ball and he said yea my bad.....where the [expletive] is Pringles during all this?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:18 AM

When the FO hired Dantoniomos a break in leadership was created.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,508 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:26 AM

Those are the obvious.

Include the mistakes from the FO.

Edited by Hey, February 11, 2013 - 07:26 AM.

MMiRi9s.png

#7 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:27 AM

Her words (I think I got them right, cant find a link) last night on the post game show. Her comment that we should not mistake scoring for leadership was spot on in my view. Kobe is an incredible athlete and scorer, but his leadership is and always has been lacking in my view.

So now all you Kobe apologists can do some hating on her, a la Magic. Go for it. :o)

Just like Lisa = you dont know sheet!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#8 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:28 AM

Funny, i didnt hear any of this during 2008-2010 when Kobe was winning MVP's championships and gold medals. In fact all I heard was how much of a great leader he had evolved into. They were showing endless clips of Kobe talking to and coaching guys on the floor and on the bench. Suddenly now his leadership has "always been lacking"? Laughable.

Edited by ColStac, February 11, 2013 - 07:38 AM.

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#9 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:44 AM

Sadly, most fans as well as just about every member of the media are "what do I see before me right now" sort of people. They don't take into account a body of work, or evaluate traits that have been a constant in a players career, they make judgments based on what they just saw during the latest game. Five games ago Kobe was a master facilitator and the key leader to getting the Lakers out of the hole. Now he's a ball hog again with no leadership skills. At the moment Lebron James is walking on air, but should the Heat falter in the playoffs all of his old demons will resurface and he'll be characterized as a big moment choker.
The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#10 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 10:14 AM

Lisa is a big girl and can defend her comments if she chooses.

I have never viewed Kobe as a great leader, he just does not consistently demonstrate those traits. Has he from time to time? Yes, but it has not been a constant for him.

Sometimes companies/ teams/ movements can succeed without great leadership, especially in the "good" times. If you have enough talent, it can be overcome I guess. Where leadership deficiencies show themselves is when times are "bad", does the head guy/ gal do his/ her best to keep the group together or do they point fingers? Does the head guy/ gal get the most out of the folks around him/ her? Put another way, if I treated my employees like Kobe often treats his teammates, most of them would be looking for jobs pretty fast.

#11 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,450 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 11, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Posted Image

veqdeg.jpg

#12 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 02:53 PM

^Lisa was just pointing out what many of us have quietly believed for awhile. So according to some at LN, she is now an idiot too. Lots of Laker family idiots these days, Magic, Lisa, Shaq. If Chick said it, would it then be "truth" to you guys?

Edited by LakerGeezer, February 11, 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#13 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted February 11, 2013 - 04:16 PM

Sadly, most fans as well as just about every member of the media are "what do I see before me right now" sort of people. They don't take into account a body of work, or evaluate traits that have been a constant in a players career, they make judgments based on what they just saw during the latest game.

Like 90% of this forum?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#14 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,806 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 04:49 PM

team leadership usually starts with the coach

MDA is a joke

13z8pc6.jpg

#15 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,131 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:01 PM

Kobes fine. His leadership and abilities are a non issue.
Leadership in order to be effective starts from the top down. When the FO hired Dantoniomos a break in leadership was created.
proof in point was early in the 4th qt of the Lakers/Heat game last night, when KB was on the bench and during a time out, D12, Meta and Clark had a moment on the side lines where they were basically coaching each other and talking about the cuts, reads and who should take the shot when and if something occurs. D12 said Meta should have shot the ball and he said yea my bad.....where the [expletive] is Pringles during all this?

imo, his leadership has been iffy dude said that Dwight needs to stop listening to other say in the media, but then goes to the Media and becomes Dr. Bryant about Dwight's injury...

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#16 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:22 PM

imo, his leadership has been iffy dude said that Dwight needs to stop listening to other say in the media, but then goes to the Media and becomes Dr. Bryant about Dwight's injury...

nobody believe u teo with ur lying az.. :laughing: :cool2:
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#17 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm hearing that MDA doesn't like confrontation.. How in the hell are you a coach and don't like confrontation? What the hell is he getting paid for?
Posted Image

#18 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 11, 2013 - 08:10 PM

Leadership will always be questioned when things are going bad. It's nothing new.

I don't really question Kobe's leadership too much overall. He's carried awful teams into the postseason and carried solid teams to championships. It took great performances from him to win those championships. I don't think as much of those teams as some people do. Pau wasn't really a superstar, Bynum was injured most of the time, Lamar is just a pretty good player, and Trevor/Metta were solid role players. I go by results, and I think he's gotten the most out of his teammates throughout his career.

It's easy to question him now since the Lakers are struggling with players who have great reputations. I worded it that way on purpose. Can you blame Kobe for Pau falling off a cliff as a player? For Dwight Howard not looking like the same player as he has throughout his career? For Steve Nash virtually being a non-factor? They've just haven't been the same players at all. I think they're all not the same physically. Pau, Nash, and Dwight all have had major injuries this season.

I honestly don't think there's anything Kobe could've done to help this team more this season, and I thought he deserved some blame during the regular season last year. Remember when he had entire months shooting under 40% last season and kept shooting despite Pau and Bynum both playing well? I blamed him there. He's playing really well this season, and has even tried to defer more now.

Posted Image

#19 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted February 11, 2013 - 08:29 PM

Come coach us Lisa

#20 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 11, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Going to the Finals 3 consecutive years starting in 2008 and winning 2 out of the 3 and Kobe an DFish didn't lead?? Who lead them Luke Walton??
Sasha??...
Ya don't lead grown ass men by cuddling and holding hands
The deal is you have to want to be lead
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users