#1 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,740 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:51 PM

We cant just lob or pass into the post for howard. we gotta run plays for him. whats ya thought

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#2 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,705 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:52 PM

fire mike and dwight will get more touches

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,423 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:53 PM

At this point Howard looks tuned out, D'Antoni still has zero comprehension on how to manage this team on and off the court and the rest of the team looks like they'd rather just get the season over with.

With only 30 games left, it's far too little, far too late, to suddenly think about running plays. I mean D'Antoni doesn't run plays anyway, why should he start now? The only time they thrived was when Kobe ignored D'Antoni's system and they ran elements of the triangle. But it look like that phase has quickly faded as well.

#4 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,883 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:59 PM

At this point Howard looks tuned out, D'Antoni still has zero comprehension on how to manage this team on and off the court and the rest of the team looks like they'd rather just get the season over with.

With only 30 games left, it's far too little, far too late, to suddenly think about running plays. I mean D'Antoni doesn't run plays anyway, why should he start now? The only time they thrived was when Kobe ignored D'Antoni's system and they ran elements of the triangle. But it look like that phase has quickly faded as well.

True, they don't seem to know what they have to do out there ,, Kobe's iso is effective , but you have ex franchise players on your team,, should have more options , and this is why coaches exist ..

Still don't know why they changed their way !! we got back to square one where give the ball to Dwight for the sake of his touches ..

#5 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:05 PM

There's a few easy things to do.

PnR works well. Usually though people collapse into the middle (which is the smartest thing to do) and leave someone like MWP open. Instead of passing to him, have Howard post up with deep position and make his move. They ran this a few times during the Miami game and it worked ok (spacing was a bit off).

Other than that, the Lakers could just run the 4 out 1 in (same offense as last year). In that case though, you need 4 players who can shoot the ball. I would recommend going to this more when Howard is playing with the second unit and Kobe is on the bench. The trouble with this offense though, is that you need shooters. Orlando had them with Anderson, Lewis, even Nelson was decent. But for some reason the Lakers have had a lot of trouble with the 3 ball the past few years actually. Maybe a lineup of Clark, Jamison, Meeks, and Nash would be better for that set. But then the Lakers would be [expletive]ed on defense so it may not be the smartest idea.

Basically, spacing is the biggest issue. Nobody is afraid of MWP and the like so people leave him willingly and create trouble for Howard. The same applies to PnR. That's why an offense like the Triangle would have been good, but instead we're kinda free flowing out there which won't work against better teams like the Heat.

#6 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,825 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:10 PM

He's too lazy for anything to work out for us. If he himself won't fight for post position against the likes of Chris Bosh or Shane Battier then there's no way we can play through him. As the game wore on, he became less active on the block and on some possessions simply just stood around and called for the ball, no seal on his man or anything. He's also been setting half-assed screens this entire season, just awful picks that do nothing at all. Yes, he's been injured, but these plays are simply a matter of effort. Even Steve Nash has set better picks than Dwight this season, such a far cry from his play in Orlando when he was THE best PnR big in the entire league.

He's just not engaged or active on the floor, really sad to see. Looks to be a combination of the coaching and his injuries, he just looks completely tuned out on the floor. It's like watching Bynum all over again.

#7 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,878 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:14 PM

If its not a lob pass or a put back dunk, Dwight cannot be relied upon to score effectively or reliably enough.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#8 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,883 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:18 PM

He'll be effective or near to it if Kobe worked harder with him.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,922 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:22 PM

Dwight has as much to do with offense not going his way.

He needs to seal his man better, fight for dominant position, and actually set hard screens. Our offense is based off what the defense gives us or reacts to and if he's not sealing, fighting for position or setting hard screens.

Those things make it harder as well.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,513 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Wanna create offense for Howard? Trade him to Brooklyn where he will GAF enough to play hard.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#11 24kobe24

24kobe24

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:magic

Posted February 10, 2013 - 06:36 PM

i think dwight is not the problem. the problem is all this bull going around in the locker room. it affects them on the court. him and kobe are not getting along and u can see that on the court by the way dwight plays. he looks like he doesnt even want to play anymore. and i dont blame him. kobe seems that most of the time he refuses to pass the ball to him. kobe plays way to much one on one, which is so predictable and usaully ends up in a brick or turn over. this is my opinion on how to help the team.

1) kobe needs to stop talking to the media about internal problems, its not motivating anyone its just making things worse.

2) kobe needs to sit down one on one with dwight and talk things over, share ideas and opinions,

3) kobe needs to start to realize that most fans want dwight to be a franchise player and want him to resign, so he needs to stop putting him on blast because all hes doing is pushing him away, we need dwight in l.a..

4) mitch needs to step in and tell pringles that he needs to change up offense cuz it aint working, he needs to make more plays for dwight, and other players.

5) dwight needs to stop whinning and look for rebounds like clark does, dont worry about other people talking trash, and hustle for every rebound and play like the player he can be. no excuses.

6) fire pringles! hes trash! he doesnt preach any defense.

the main thing is to sit down and just start getting along. the problem is in the locker room. start there.

#12 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,592 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:23 PM

Dwight needs to set better screens IMO.

But the lakers force it down low too much and causes a TO. If anything, they need to swing the ball around to get into dwight.

#13 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,740 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:46 PM

i think dwight is not the problem. the problem is all this bull going around in the locker room. it affects them on the court. him and kobe are not getting along and u can see that on the court by the way dwight plays. he looks like he doesnt even want to play anymore. and i dont blame him. kobe seems that most of the time he refuses to pass the ball to him. kobe plays way to much one on one, which is so predictable and usaully ends up in a brick or turn over. this is my opinion on how to help the team.

1) kobe needs to stop talking to the media about internal problems, its not motivating anyone its just making things worse.

2) kobe needs to sit down one on one with dwight and talk things over, share ideas and opinions,

3) kobe needs to start to realize that most fans want dwight to be a franchise player and want him to resign, so he needs to stop putting him on blast because all hes doing is pushing him away, we need dwight in l.a..

4) mitch needs to step in and tell pringles that he needs to change up offense cuz it aint working, he needs to make more plays for dwight, and other players.

5) dwight needs to stop whinning and look for rebounds like clark does, dont worry about other people talking trash, and hustle for every rebound and play like the player he can be. no excuses.

6) fire pringles! hes trash! he doesnt preach any defense.

the main thing is to sit down and just start getting along. the problem is in the locker room. start there.

what game were u watching? he passed the ball so much of late and todays game. my point isnt solely on the heat game. just a whole. We have been great of late. 7-2 is not bad. we just gotta win next game so it can boost our condifence and hopefully finish good before we head out to the all-star breka. kobe shot well todays game and had 9 ast. u blame kobe too much. this guy is willin to win and others are trying but everyone needs to work harder.
just be patient, we will get back.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#14 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:49 PM

he has to shoot himself
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#15 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:10 PM

I may be going out on a limb, but I actually see the Lakers going into Tuesday's game versus the Suns with one focus: get Dwight involved. We can't beat Phoenix in a fast-paced game, and to slow it down Dwight should get plenty of touches. I think Dwight ends Tuesday's game with a ballpark of 26 points and 17 rebounds. But hopefully if that happens and we win, the team will focus on that more often.

I mean, do you guys remember probably the "happiest" win of the season? The game versus the Nuggets at the end of November, Dwight got up 16 shot attempts (making 12) and ended the night with 28 points and 20 boards. He even had that three pointer. I just remember all the guys on the court laughing and having a great time. That was also the game where we made 17 three point shots.

That is the way that this team should play if Dwight works hard on both ends of the court.

#16 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,798 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:12 PM

A larger issues moving forward is that MDA has yet to find a way to use either Dwight or Pau. What's the point in having two seven foot players If MWT is getting more shots than either?

Edited by RonRonshandles, February 10, 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#17 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,137 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:13 PM

I've always thought dwight was pretty pedestrian offensively.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#18 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,798 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Nothing like having ideas proven true.

#19 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,160 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:52 PM

Its hard to get shots off as a big man unless HE IS THE OFFENSE, which he isn't or HE SHOOTS jumpers, which Dwight doesn't.

In the post, it's very easy to get doubled and then Metta jacks a shot or someone .

#20 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,442 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 10, 2013 - 11:15 PM

Plays? We talking about plays? Mike don't run plays. With him, it's dribble up court and shoot. Big men don't have plays.. The set screens then roll and if they are lucky, they get the ball back. What trips me out is when they play inside out, they control the tempo of the game and manage to win. The moment the go away from that..... They start chucking up shots, freeze out the bigs and lose control. Go figure, a coach that doesn't see that. I'm not taking up for Dwight but damn, give the dude the ball. 6-9 from the field. But.... At the same time, he's got to go to work downlow. Don't let Shane Wallnut Battier and Chris Posh, yea I said Posh, beat you out of position downlow.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users