Photo

Without all the injuries, where would our record be?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,156 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:43 PM

We'd be a top 4 seed in the West. I have no doubt in my mind injuries were the biggest reason for all this mess. Dwight at 100%, Nash at 100%, Pau at 100% we would be killin teams

It's the not players as much as it is the coach. Don't get me wrong, I think dantoni can coach in this lg, but for a roster that fits his pace and style. Some rosters that fit dantonis style:
Bobcats
Hornets
Timberwolves
Blazers
Warriors
Wizards
Bucks
Clippers
Mavs
Pistons
Raptors
Rockets
Suns

#22 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 06:08 PM

At least a 5-7th Seed.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#23 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 622 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:22 PM

bruh, this is an injury thread, why would your response be Lakers-solution oriented.

This forum has plenty threads for solution type answers.

Cause in the end it's just navel gazing.....bruh
Posted Image

#24 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:26 PM

Still garbage

Pau Gasol is GONE

#25 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:36 PM

Still garbage

So we were a 3 seed last year with Derek Fisher/Ramon Sessions playing the role of Nash ( who is still 50/40/90), and Bynum playing the role of Dwight(leading league in boards), and Kobe and metta were both not playing as well as they are this season. Goudelock was not as good as Meeks. Troy Murphy played worse than Jamison.

and that was a 3 seed.

you'rer really telling me that you think this team is garbage or is that just an emotional response?

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:41 PM

Do you know what our record is?

Do you know who our head coach is?

We were garbage last season. ..we're garbage this season. And, if the front office keeps making dumb ass decisions, we'll be garbage for many years.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:52 PM

Garbage?

I know what our record is. we're 4 games under.

last year we were better than the Clippers, both teams added pieces, but our pieces were have been injured.

We weren't garbage last season, and our roster improved but our health decimated. If we were in the position we were in last season, we would be voewed as the biggest threat to the Heat with our size.

Our head coach is whomever. Who is the head coach of the Clippers? The Thunder? Just regular guys, if it ain't Pop or Doc or THIBS, they all are questionable. If Kobe can't win with D'Antoni OR Mike Brown then it's not the coaches. LeBron won with Pat riley's video coordinator.

#28 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:07 PM

We're clamoring for a [expletive]ing 8 seed and it's cool cause we're only 4 games under? Lol

We were garbage last season because we had a sorry head coach and still holding on to a pathetic 20 mil player.

The coaches on those teams are maximizing the talent available and they obviously have a better understanding of coaching than perennial losers in brown and d'antoni.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#29 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,527 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:53 PM

We would probably be at the 5th seed. Although its rare for any team not to have injurys happen once in a while. The reason we suck really is injurys and more scrubs than good players

#30 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:08 PM

We would be 5-6 if we didnt hire MDA over Phil Jackson.

Edited by Ham, February 10, 2013 - 10:08 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#31 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:20 PM

Every NBA is a

We're clamoring for a [expletive]ing 8 seed and it's cool cause we're only 4 games under? Lol

We were garbage last season because we had a sorry head coach and still holding on to a pathetic 20 mil player.

The coaches on those teams are maximizing the talent available and they obviously have a better understanding of coaching than perennial losers in brown and d'antoni.

Obviously you're not "clamoring" but what's the anger about. In recent history NO TEAM has won more than the Lakers, so now that we're not in a winning mode( partially due to not having the best player on the planet anymore) and you want to be upset.

There is no violin for Lakers fans and I don't want one.

Yes, The Lakers, have been ravaged by injuries to 3 of their top4 and as a result of that( and other factors such as COACHING and chemistry and age) have underperformed and now we want to see these guys Firstly, win as much as possible and Secondly, get in the playoffs where anything can happen.

So, you're mad at Jim Buss right?

He didn't get Phil and he only traded Pau once for CP3 and hasn't made another move after he got Sterned.

Okay, that's not going to change what I saw today lebron is better than Kobe and just like when Jordan was better than Magic, maybe no matter WHAT we do, all we can do is witness.

Durant is better as well.

Neither are more skilled but what they can do in transition , Durant's height and LeBron's strength just make them more effective player than Kobe is TODAY.

Personally, if Kobe goes out with 5, I can't be mad. His legacy is secure. I think his legend will grow when he retires. 81 points. 62 vs 61 through 3.

But to go back to your original statements.

Lakers weren't garbage last year. I mean in what standards of any planet where you are a Top 5 NBA team( in which the best basketball players on Earth are a part of) and you are garbage?

I don't understand that.

It's inaccurate.

#32 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,324 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 11, 2013 - 04:48 AM

Do you know what our record is?

Do you know who our head coach is?

We were garbage last season. ..we're garbage this season. And, if the front office keeps making dumb ass decisions, we'll be garbage for many years.

Its hard to argue with anything windu said here.
Ones definition of garbage may be different than another's but the end result will be the same. Failure to win a Championship with the highest salary in the NBA.

#33 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:15 AM

Every NBA is a

Obviously you're not "clamoring" but what's the anger about. In recent history NO TEAM has won more than the Lakers, so now that we're not in a winning mode( partially due to not having the best player on the planet anymore) and you want to be upset.

There is no violin for Lakers fans and I don't want one.

Yes, The Lakers, have been ravaged by injuries to 3 of their top4 and as a result of that( and other factors such as COACHING and chemistry and age) have underperformed and now we want to see these guys Firstly, win as much as possible and Secondly, get in the playoffs where anything can happen.

So, you're mad at Jim Buss right?

He didn't get Phil and he only traded Pau once for CP3 and hasn't made another move after he got Sterned.

Okay, that's not going to change what I saw today lebron is better than Kobe and just like when Jordan was better than Magic, maybe no matter WHAT we do, all we can do is witness.

Durant is better as well.

Neither are more skilled but what they can do in transition , Durant's height and LeBron's strength just make them more effective player than Kobe is TODAY.

Personally, if Kobe goes out with 5, I can't be mad. His legacy is secure. I think his legend will grow when he retires. 81 points. 62 vs 61 through 3.

But to go back to your original statements.

Lakers weren't garbage last year. I mean in what standards of any planet where you are a Top 5 NBA team( in which the best basketball players on Earth are a part of) and you are garbage?

I don't understand that.

It's inaccurate.

In recent history NO TEAM has won more than the Lakers, so now that we're not in a winning mode( partially due to not having the best player on the planet anymore) and you want to be upset.

Did I say anything about recent history? No I didn't so what are you talking about? Don't give me those bull[expletive] excuses. We made some solid moves in getting Nash and Howard and then retained that sorry piece of [expletive] in Pau Gasol for 20 million dollars. We're in this to win except the front office went about it the wrong way. The Charlotte Bobcats are NOT in a winning mode and yet that's exactly the kind of mentality that some laker fans have been reduced to. It's really simple: the front office wants to win but they wanted to do it with anyone but Phil Jackson. Let's bring in a coach that was fired from CLEVELAND and is renown for offensive inefficiencies; when that predictably fails let's keep our chests poked out and hire a perennial loser who doesn't know the first thing about defense and who can only utilize one type of ball player: a 3 point shooter.

It's not always about having the best player...Cleveland had him for quite some time and went 0fer. I've never seen fans of a sport like basketball fans who completely disregard coaching.

And please stop using that loser mentality excuse of injuries. So Steve Blake missed some games...suck it up...it's STEVE BLAKE. Jordan Hill is a solid contributor but just like with any sport, the onus is on the powers that be to not use it as an excuse and move forward with the rest of your team. You're talking about you don't want a violin but yet here you are making up every excuse for this sorry ass team. When's the last time "anything can happen" won a NBA Championship?

Lebron is better than Kobe..and? That doesn't have [expletive] to do with anything. This is basketball...not tennis. The best basketball player in the NBA doesn't always equal championship. If that's your reasoning, then what difference would it make if DH wasn't coming off back surgery or if you didn't have any excuses at all? Miami would still win simply because they have Lebron James, right?

LA Lakers weren't garbage last season? First of all, Mike Brown was the head coach; that should put an end to the argument right there. You're the third seed and it takes you seven games to beat the Denver Nuggets? Then you get raped by OKC in five games? Please, they were garbage.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#34 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,028 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:24 AM

it will be better, but with no defensive system in place it wouldn't change much

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#35 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Yotsuba

• 8,415 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:28 AM

it will be better, but with no defensive system in place it wouldn't change much

Mike Brown had a defensive system.

MMiRi9s.png

#36 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 14, 2013 - 01:36 AM

i would say it would be slightly better than utah. Mike D'Antoni does not care about defense.
Posted Image

#37 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted February 14, 2013 - 06:40 AM

Not going 20+ games with Morris and Duhon replacing Nash and Blake? Better obviously!
But still going nowhere with Pringles sitting on the bench! :wacko:
Posted Image

#38 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,707 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 14, 2013 - 07:49 AM

The "what if" premise of the OP is where this thing gets lost for me. What if the Lakers had been healthy all year? That's like saying "what if Magic could still ball like he could in 1989, where would the team be"?

Kobe said it, this team is OLD. Injuries happen to OLD players. The FO traded for a hurt center. So most of these injuries were entirely predictable.

Maybe we can start another thread ... what would the Lakers record be of Kobe gets hurt and misses the rest of the season?

#39 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hill is young.

Dwight's shoulder is another problem unto itself.

Blake has been injured, Nash who never really gets seriously injured, had a serious injury.

I mean young teams get injuries too. Steph Curry adn Monta Ellis come to mind.

Knciks last year missed Amare and Melo for different times of the year.

I don't care what Windu's definition of garbage is, it's very easy to lash out from behind a computer screen and say

"Lakers are garbage because they weren't as good as OKC"

They got "raped" in 5 games in part to what I spoke of earlier.

Kobe damn near handed then two games at the end, but that as part to DURANT being better and snatching the games away.

PERIOD.

If Dwight would not have been coming off SURGERY and Nash wasn't hinjured and Hill and gasol played all 82 healthy, I do think OUR RECORD would be better, how is THAT not understandable.

Mike Brown was our coach so we were garbage, SO I guess the Cavs were garbage when they made the Finals or pushed the Celtics to a Game 7, tthe year the Celtics beat the brakes off of us.

Now, if u said our bench was garbage last season, I would be there. But to me when you are overly critical and exaggerate it speaks on to self-esteem and slf-hate type issues.

lakers weren't a title contender, but GARBAGE doesn't garner the attention that the Lakers do and garbage teams don't tread water in the west.

Charlotte Bobcat fans?

I think they are excited when they beat a great team, for lakers fans like I see here, every win is dissected and every player is.

I'll say this we miss Pau's seven feet right now, we have been getting murdered on the boards and I'm sure Ryan Hollins will do it again when Dwight goes to the bench.

#40 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,707 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 14, 2013 - 01:43 PM

^I guess "garbage" is too strong, as is viewing the team as a champiosnhip caliber team if there were no injuries. Lets be honest, it just isnt and wasnt, we got duped, or we duped ourselves.

What can we all agree on? I think that we can agree that an 8th PO seed caliber team is not Lakers basketball. And with this group, that may be about as good as it gets. So how does the FO fix this mess?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users