Photo

Without all the injuries, where would our record be?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,023 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:32 PM

I'm not talking about Dwight's back.

But without all the games missed by injury , between Nash, Hill and Pau plus Dwight's labrum.

Do you think we would be .500

A couple of games over, or would we be worse than we are doing now?

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:33 PM

We'd be a top 4 seed in the West. I have no doubt in my mind injuries were the biggest reason for all this mess. Dwight at 100%, Nash at 100%, Pau at 100% we would be killin teams

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,023 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:36 PM

A lot of people say Kobe is the only one trying or D'Antoni is a horrible coach, they talk about Jim Buss( for some odd reason)

So i wonder if people thought this team deserves a chance to come back next season or should Lakers " trade Dwight for peces" as some people keep saying

#4 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:36 PM

I think we would be in the same place.. our coach is horrible and we would have never seen Earl Clark

#5 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,846 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:37 PM

8th or 9th ..

wont change much.

#6 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,281 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:38 PM

2 t o3 wins better but still out of the playoffs.

#7 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:42 PM

We'd be a top 4 seed in the West. I have no doubt in my mind injuries were the biggest reason for all this mess. Dwight at 100%, Nash at 100%, Pau at 100% we would be killin teams

I agree - Forget everyone else, Dwight at 100% would have been the biggest difference, by far. People forget how dominant this guy used to be. If there was a rebound anywhere in the vicinity, he used to be able to just out-muscle everybody, grab it and score...This, not even talking about the difference defensively.

Edited by leor_77, February 10, 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#8 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,023 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:42 PM

Interesting... I think with Pau and Hill, we would have a much better chance to win this game. I can think of two games we lost because we lost dwight in that game. the Suns game and one against the Rockets.

When we were playing Duhon and Morris, we lost at least 3 games due to them.

I think the other thing injuries do is take away from chemistry and continuity.

We play different with nash than we do without.

We play different without Hill for sure

And obviously we don't want to choose between Pau and Dwight, we want both

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,281 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:47 PM

Considering Clark would still be buried, the discord on the team would more than likely still exist, and worst of all D'Antoni is still at the helm, health, though incredibly vital, isn't the main issue surrounding this "team".

#10 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,692 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:52 PM

mike brown wouldn't have been fired probably. and clark's emergence would have never existed.

Edited by ツ  , February 10, 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#11 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Dwight at Orlando form and this team is completely different. Other than that I'd give or take maybe 3-4 wins..

#12 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:59 PM

Don't forget Hill
We could of had a line up of Nash, Kobe, Clark, Hill, and Dwight. That is one athletic front court. And then you have Blake, Jamison, Meeks, Metta, and Pau off the bench.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#13 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,301 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Well we had to go through the 'trial and error' period 3 times this season due to injuries and coaching changes.

But at the end of the day it took us 17 games as a team to find the right style. If we were actually given 17 games cause we were healthy and not 40 then we'd probably have a winning record right now.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#14 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,568 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Lakers/Nuggets/Grizzlies
Warriors
Utah/Houston
iyjywo.jpg

#15 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,179 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Best case, w/o Nash being out, Dwights shoulder, Pau's concussion and foot, and Hill going out, i could see us being about 10-12 over. 500.

I still think we would have struggled a bit to get used to playing alongside eachother and would still not be better than OKC or Miami.

#16 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 637 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:14 PM

Woulda, shoulda, coulda....fact is were probably not making the playoffs. Even if we do make it to the 8th seed we gotta start thinking of the next moves to make for our future. Get younger with a new wing or 2, some proven shooters, a new big man, and preferably a new coach.

This team as currently constructed is a wrap.

#17 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,485 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:18 PM

a sure sign the seasons in the tank is when speculation threads start popping up.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#18 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,023 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:24 PM

People don't remember Hill anymore it seems.

Pau is a good player , borderline All-Star but didn't always fit, some of that may have been the knees or feet, but some was him.Hill was our Nick Collison, our Anderson Varejoa, our Shane Battier. He got every loose rebound and was just a beast. We miss that so much. Clark would have been buried up to a point, I think he was emerging in practice from reports, and speed at that position is something Mike Brown didn't care for, but D'Antoni has been trying to replace Pau since Day 1.

But maybe I am too optimistic.

#19 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,023 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Woulda, shoulda, coulda....fact is were probably not making the playoffs. Even if we do make it to the 8th seed we gotta start thinking of the next moves to make for our future. Get younger with a new wing or 2, some proven shooters, a new big man, and preferably a new coach.

This team as currently constructed is a wrap.

bruh, this is an injury thread, why would your response be Lakers-solution oriented.

This forum has plenty threads for solution type answers.

#20 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,023 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:34 PM

we're a TOP HEAVY team.. 4 Superstars, old Jamison, young Meeks and Earl Clark and Metta were both question marks. Blake and Duhon suck for the most part.

We needed Kobe to play AT LEAST at the level he did last year and he has been better.
We needed a Nash comparable to last year and he has been that.

We needed Dwight to be a better version of Drew and in my opinion he has been that except Drew only missed one game last season and he has missed 6 or so. Otherwise, Dwight has been what we needed.

We needed Pau to be himself, but expected a little bump in his performance. He was injured all season and just didn't make teams pay enough, it was strange given how little attention was paid to him. In some senses you have to wonder if a guy like Bargnani would be better for this team, I mean he is a poor defender, but imagine him as wide open for jumpers as Pau is, when Kobe has the ball and Nash spots up.
Jamison has sucked for most of the year as well , and for the team to be Championship level, he needed to at least what he has been this grammy trip.

I expected Metta to be about what he has been. he started off hot, but has cooled a lot since then.

Overall, I think Metta hurts us with his shot selection and one-on-one game at times, BUT he is a CLUTCh player and the type of player who can be an asset in the playoffs, when everyone is rested and dialed in.

I think injuries have to be factored when you consider what Nash/blake give us vs Duhon/Morris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users