99 replies to this topic

#61 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:31 PM

I was just about to post what you posted MDI how lucky are the Lakers today that Portland and Houston lost
Posted Image

#62 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,304 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:31 PM

We can do this!!! 2 games behind 9th lol.

#63 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,387 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Shout out to the Kings and Magic tonight!
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#64 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,098 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Many people here say we have no hope because all of us are frustrated from the loss versus Miami. I do not blame them. We controlled every quarter except the fourth. If MWP didn't play so bad, and if Howard decided to show up, we could of won that game. The game was definitely winnable. We had our chances to make some runs. I was really hoping for a win because a win versus Miami would of served as a major confidence booster and would of lifted the spirit for this team.

We lost versus the defending champs. Move on.

If we keep on winning 3 out of the next four, we'll be in good shape. Metta needs to go or his role needs to be limited. Hopefully Pau can come back quickly.

Also, when is this team going to learn to keep their mouths shut? If you have a problem, don't go to the media. You either:

- Schedule a meeting with management
- Schedule a meeting with the head coach
- Talk to the player(s) you are having problems with

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#65 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,934 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Im gonna miss Tuesdays game we better freakin win Lol we usually lose when I dont watch games. Yes Im superstitious

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#66 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Big stretch coming up. Houston 4 of 5 on the road with their one home game being versus OKC. (Also 8 of next 11 on the road)

Lakers four straight at home. (8 of 12 at home)

If Lakers are going to make any ground, it's going to be in these upcoming games. If any hope is left, it's in the next 12 games IMO.

#67 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:52 PM

we usually lose when I dont watch games.

You must have missed a lot of games then

Pau Gasol is GONE

#68 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:30 PM

Despite today' loss take a look at this:

Next two games for:
HOU- @GSW, @LAC
UTAH- @OKC, @MIN
LAL- Vs. PHO, Vs. LAC

If we win these next two and both teams lose both of theirs which is a decent possibility we will be 1.5 behind Houston and 2 behind Utah. Whole new ballgame ladies and gentlemen. It'll give us some added confidence going into the All Star break.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#69 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,934 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:37 PM

You must have missed a lot of games then

Ive missed 4 this year.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#70 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,847 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:42 PM

4-3 on this road trip, dropping a pointless game to Phoenix, just about letting Detroit slip away as well, being down by 20 and barely scraping back against them, getting destroyed by Boston and then finishing up with a brain fart performance in Miami is not turning a corner, doing well or improving.

I appreciate the optimism but at some point the reality that this season is done and the Lakers are a bottom tier team have got to set in.

It's one thing being a loyal fan, it's quite another being utterly miopic about the situation at hand. The first step to correcting a problem is recognizing you have one.

#71 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:55 PM

Thanks, Jim, for passing on Phil. One of the great management farts in the history of the sport. You not only pissed away a season, you pissed away Kobe's final chances at a sixth (and seventh?).

#72 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Thanks, Jim, for passing on Phil. One of the great management farts in the history of the sport. You not only pissed away a season, you pissed away Kobe's final chances at a sixth (and seventh?).

Oh this again.

#73 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,847 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Again with this Phil thing.

i ddefended Phil against his haters, but I have to say again. Who is Scott Brooks? Who is erik Spolestra? Who is Vinny Del Negro?

Shut up..

One coach fired, Bad Coach.

Two coaches fired, bad management.

#74 fido

fido

• 10,847 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:33 PM

One bad coach hired, fine.

Two bad coaches hired, bad management.

#75 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,847 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:46 PM

Okay, two bad coaches hired...can you tell me specifically how's today's game was representative of that.

I can show you a lot of teams Miami has beaten this season.

We lack size now and that hurt us, every 3 games thee is a different PF/C line-up. That affects continuity.

If this was Kobe and Pau with an injured Bynum , with our bench from last year Plus Jamison.
i can't with Kobe playing this well. Nash still shooting as great as he ever has, and Dwight giving us just what a team wants from a Center. I just think injuries and cohesion have been constant issues, but if you look at these stretch of games after Steve has been here for a while, we have been playing better than before.

Some of us believe there are more levels we can climb.

#76 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,647 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:57 PM

Love how some make comebacks bad. Teams come back all the time.

There was a time we didn't have leads to "almost" be come back on. There was a time we would come back only to lose at the end. People complained.

But now we build leads and we make comebacks and win in both scenario's. I'm not gonna complain that a team "almost" came back and won. And I'm not gonna complain that we came back from 20 down and won by near 10.

I'm not gonna nitpick on our wins cause it can be spun in the opposite direction.

If you were one of the people complaining that we could never come back "fully" to win a game, why complain when we're successful?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#77 fido

fido

• 10,847 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 11:12 PM

Again, you spin it your way as much as I spin it mine.

The problem is that the Lakers' record and their situation does not side with the team on the rise or improving. If you want to get technical, sure they came back from the road trip one game better than they did when they left. That would be great if they weren't already behind the pack and had some kind of momentum to build off of - but they don't. They return home to the same situation and the same problems they had before.

They shouldn't even be in the situation to have to come back on Charlotte, or barely hold on against a terrible Detroit team, or let a game go to the even worse Phoenix Suns.

Basketball IQ: I never said they can't climb a level, hell, several levels. There aren't many other levels they can sink to. All they can do is rise. However, do I think they are capable of doing that with the attitudes on this team and the lame duck coaching staff backed by a stagnant and seemingly confused front office?

No way, no how.

You may call it pessimism, but the record and the prevailing attitude exuding from this organization back it as realism right now. A reality I wish weren't true. It's not like I root against the team. What I have done though is realize that this team is not going anywhere as presently constructed. Somehow though, no matter how much bickering is done publicly, how much losing and flat, passionless performances go out there, there seems to be a lot of fans that don't see it.

As frustrating as my view may seem to you, yours is equally as frustrating when the team's reality and record reflect nothing but a failed season not on the mend.

#78 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 11, 2013 - 12:01 AM

Fanatics= Still believe we can make the Playoffs, and make some noise in the Playoffs
Realist= Season is over, and we won't be making the playoffs.

Being in either of the camps does not make you any less of a Lakers fan.

Edited by Chad, February 11, 2013 - 12:02 AM.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#79 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted February 11, 2013 - 12:08 AM

Coming into this season I would have never thought more then half way through this season I would be hoping for a 8th spot.

#80 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 12:26 AM

Coming into this season I would have never thought more then half way through this season I would be hoping for a 8th spot.

No one did.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)