Photo

Iman Shumpert For J.J. Redick?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,732 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 10, 2013 - 12:21 PM

Suns Again Pursuing Iman Shumpert

Posted Image

By Adrian Wojnarowski

As the Phoenix Suns try to reshuffle their roster for the future, their front office remains motivated to try to acquire New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Suns are willing to give New York a package that includes forward Jared Dudley and possibly a future first-round pick for Shumpert, but the Knicks have so far shown no inclination to do such a deal, sources said.

After tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament in the Knicks' opening game of last season's playoffs, Shumpert returned in January and has started the past 11 games. While Shumpert is still working himself back to the high level with which he performed as a rookie, the Knicks' front office remains a strong proponent of his talent, sources said.

After regretting they passed on Shumpert in the 2011 NBA draft, the Suns pushed the Knicks to include him in sign-and-trade scenarios discussed for Steve Nash in July. In the past week, the Suns have scouted Shumpert in person, sources said.

[Also: Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard were skeptical of their union]

Dudley has three years and $12.8 million left on his contract, and has been available in trade talks, league sources said. He's averaging 11.8 points and 3.6 rebounds this season. Phoenix has also tried to move backup point guard Sebastian Telfair for a second-round pick, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo....94.html#more-id

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, February 19, 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#2 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,732 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 12:23 PM

Mike Woodson Wants Knicks To Keep Iman Shumpert, Can't Assure No Trade

The Phoenix Suns have expressed interest in acquiring Shumpert, who has struggled since returning from left knee surgery last month. The deal would reportedly include Suns small forward Jared Dudley.

Posted Image

By Frank Isola / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

While Mike Woodson believes that Iman Shumpert will still be a part of the Knicks this season Woodson also admitted that a potential trade involving the second year guard is "out of my hands."

The Phoenix Suns have expressed interest in acquiring Shumpert, who has struggled since returning from left knee surgery last month. The deal would reportedly include Suns small forward Jared Dudley. The Knicks could be enticed to pull the trigger if Phoenix is willing to include a first round pick.

"I don't think you can ever tell a player he's not (being traded)," Woodson said on Sunday. "That's kind of out of my hands. If the owners came to me and said we have to do a deal, you do the deal.

"But I sat him down and I told him. He knows how I feel about him. I mean, my daughter jumped me last night about that trade rumor. She called me and said 'Daddy, you're not trading him,' because they all went to Georgia Tech together. Man, I'm like 'Iman's going to be right here with me.'"

The NBA trading deadline is Feb. 21 and the Knicks could be seeking defensive help at the guard position.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1260128

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, February 10, 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#3 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,732 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 12:35 PM

Iman Shumpert-To-Suns Trade Unlikely, Source Says

Posted Image

By Ian Begley | Special to ESPNNewYork.com

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks are listening to trade offers for Iman Shumpert, but a team source said a deal that would send the second-year guard to the Phoenix Suns for Jared Dudley as part of a multiplayer package is "unlikely at this point."

Knicks coach Mike Woodson downplayed the situation when asked about it Sunday.

"Those are just trade rumors," he said.

The Suns have shown interest in acquiring Shumpert, a league source confirmed.

The Suns' interest in Shumpert and their willingness to include Dudley in a deal was first reported by Yahoo! Sports on Saturday night.

The Knicks have been monitoring the trade market for a shooter in recent weeks, but there is a faction in the organization opposed to giving up Shumpert, who is widely viewed as one of the top young perimeter defenders in the league.

"We've got a lot of faith in him," Woodson said Sunday. "Again, his lateral movement is not where I think it should be and his timing is off a little bit, and that's expected. I mean, we're not playing him big minutes because he's somewhat still on restricted minutes as well. So we're going to continue to nurse him and bring him along slowly, and he'll be fine. When it counts, he'll be there I think."

One team source characterized the Knicks' listening to the Suns' offer as the team performing its due diligence as the trade deadline nears.

Still, the same team source said not everyone in the organization is convinced of Shumpert's long-term value to the Knicks.

Shumpert, a 6-foot-5, 220-pound guard, suffered a torn ACL and meniscus in his left knee during the 2012 playoffs. He returned from a near-eight-month rehab last month.

This is not the first time the Suns have shown interest in Shumpert. Phoenix requested the Knicks include him in a sign-and-trade package for then-Suns guard Steve Nash last summer.

The Knicks enter play Sunday in first place in the Atlantic Division, four games ahead of Brooklyn. They are 1½ games behind first-place Miami in the Eastern Conference.

The Knicks are the oldest team in the league, and coach Mike Woodson and general manager Glen Grunwald have said they are dealing with a finite window to compete for an NBA title.

Dudley could help them offensively. He is a career 40 percent 3-point shooter and is averaging 11.8 points in 29.8 minutes this season.

The Knicks have relied heavily on the 3-point shot this season. They lead the NBA in made 3s per game (11.2) and attempted 3s per game (29.2) and rank fifth in 3-point shooting percentage (38.3).

Shumpert is a career 32.4 percent 3-point shooter. He has made 12-of-28 attempts (42.9 percent) from beyond the arc in 11 games this season.

The Knicks also have monitored Orlando sharpshooter J.J. Redick, according to a league source.

The Indiana Pacers and Chicago Bulls are among a bevy of teams believed to have strong interest in Redick.

The Knicks would undoubtedly be losing something on defense if they dealt Shumpert, of whom Woodson has been highly complimentary.

New York has struggled on defense for the past two months, particularly on the perimeter, and Shumpert was viewed as a solution to some of those woes.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8932756/iman-shumpert-new-york-knicks-unlikely-traded-phoenix-suns-point-according-source

#4 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 12:39 PM

Shumpert needs to stay with the knicks or they can send him here :)

Shumpert is a GREAT player

#5 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,285 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:44 PM

^great?

Above average athletic defender, definitely not a great player.

That haircut is suspect too.

#6 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,732 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 09:18 PM

Mike Woodson: Knicks Won't Trade Iman Shumpert

Posted Image

By Jared Zwerling | Special to ESPNNewYork.com

New York Knicks coach Mike Woodson said reserve guard Iman Shumpert will not be traded before the Feb. 21 deadline.

Woodson made the statement while appearing on ESPN New York 98.7 FM radio on Tuesday. During the show, co-host Stephen A. Smith asked the coach if Shumpert would be in a Knicks uniform after the Feb. 21 trade deadline, and Woodson said, "You got it. I don't need to say any more."

Earlier in the week, Carmelo Anthony responded to the Shumpert trade rumors, saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." On Tuesday, Woodson agreed.

"Absolutely," he said. "We've had our ups and downs in terms of injuries, but we remain very strong as a team and guys that were in uniform have helped us hold the fort down in terms of staying afloat until key guys got back."

Woodson said he likes "everything" about Shumpert, and downplayed any notion the 22-year-old guard has attitude problems.

"He's not a problem at all," the coach said. "Iman is a big part of what we do. I like everything about this young man in terms of how he plays, how he competes. He had an awesome rookie season. Unfortunately, he had the bad injury. He's making his way back, and it's going to be my job to continue to show him love and instill confidence in him as a player that he can get back to the level where he was playing. He's not there yet, but in time, he will get there."

Speaking to where the Knicks need to improve, Woodson pointed to two things: "healthy bodies" and defense. The latter was the focus of Tuesday's long film session.

"The thing that's more glaring to me is how we started the season and how we defended based on where we are today," he said. "We're making more mental and physical mistakes defensively that's really costing us games."

Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby are expected to help on that end of the floor, but if they're not healthy, Kenyon Martin remains on the Knicks' radar.

"I know he's floating out there and a lot of teams are looking at him, but we've just got to assess what we have in front of us right now," Woodson said.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8941557/iman-shumpert-traded-new-york-knicks-coach-mike-woodson-says

#7 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 14, 2013 - 09:22 PM

^great?

Above average athletic defender, definitely not a great player.

That haircut is suspect too.

Word I love Shump but he is not great he does have potential to be one of the best perimeter defenders in the league tho in a few years

• 40,603 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 11:31 PM

Why would the Knicks even consider getting rid of one of their very few & rare actually solid defenders?

yo.

#9 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,732 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 12:01 AM

Iman Shumpert For J.J. Redick?

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

The Magic and Knicks have discussed a J.J. Redick for Iman Shumpert trade. Other players (and maybe a third team) would have to be involved.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/303750813107494914

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

Nothing imminent, but it's something to keep an eye on over next few days. Redick helps NY win now, Shumpert gives ORL another young piece.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/303752370557427712

#10 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted February 20, 2013 - 06:57 PM

magic would get a steal getting shumpert.

Now imagine if they keep tanking and u can draft shabazz or ben mclemore. That would be a bad ass 1-2 punch
Posted Image

#11 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,892 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted February 20, 2013 - 11:10 PM

Knicks lose most of their perimeter D with this one.

But can you imagine Novak and Reddick in the game at the same time? Yikes.
iyjywo.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users