Photo

LeBron on Kobe distributing the ball: "I don't buy it. But you guys do. I see you guys going crazy about it. No, I don't buy it."

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:28 AM

^And absolutely torched the Lakers the last time he played us. He won a ring plain and simple. Would Kobe's 6th ring not count if he won it last year?

And Masked Kobe torched them last year. :cool2:

Edited by reryo, February 09, 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#42 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 488 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:42 AM

He comes off as being jealous to me. Maybe it eats at him that Kobe is excelling at the style of game that he prides himself on? After all, it's the thing that has sort of set him apart from Kobe. If Kobe can dominate in that same way, what does he really have left to distinguish himself from the Mamba?

Lol. Jealous? LeBron is averaging 27ppg, 8rpg, and 7ast while shooting a career high 56% fg. Oh and his team actually have a playoffs spot. Why would LeBron be jealous?

#43 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 488 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:45 AM

Well he's Lebron. That's about the only problem any laker fan seems to have with him in any situation

So true.

I don't even know what LeBron did to get criticize this bad.

#44 Elijah

Elijah

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:48 AM

Kobe has played a great season but will very likely have nothing to show for it, as his team is in danger of not even making the playoffs. James, on the other hand, has played better than him and his team is in a position to repeat as champions. For what reason should James be bitter towards him? He has no motive for what he said other than the fact that he was asked for his opinion from the reporters and he answered it honestly.

#45 BiGGaVel

BiGGaVel

Rookie

• 93 posts
  • Fan Since:since kobe arrived
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE BRYANT

Posted February 11, 2013 - 03:51 AM

Lebron jus pissed on kobe passin Lol
Posted Image

#46 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:30 AM

THe next quote after this by LBJ was the hateful jab people should have recognized. He flat out said you never saw beef between players & coaches during our turmoil at beginning of season. We keep everything in house.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#47 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:49 AM

Why would LeBron be jealous?

I can think of 5 reasons.
The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#48 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 11, 2013 - 08:08 AM

Maybe you saw Lebron poke at the ball and get a steal on Kobe yesterday (with 4 fouls I might add), then make a perfect outlet pass, then run super fast down court, receive a pass at the foul line and do a dipsy doodle slam dunk over Kobe. Just an incredible 7 seconds. Kobe went over to him and patted him on the head. There is no jealousy here--the two men like and respect eachother. Why don't you guys do the same?

Lebron is now the best player in the NBA--there is no question that is the single biggest impact player in the league this year.

As far as being a playmaker, that's not Kobe's role--he is a scorer. However, the Lakers have shined of late when he has more assists and is used as a decoy. And conversely, this year when Kobe scores 40, the Lakers lose. I think the point by the sports media is that at least for this team, this year, iso Kobe is not working. Iso Kobe yesterday resulted in Heat steals, Laker turnovers, and Heat dunks.

For this team to be effective, Kobe has to distribute the ball more, and score less. That's been the winning solution in the few games the Lakers have won. Just because he can score 40 doesn't mean he should.

#49 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 08:22 AM

Maybe you saw Lebron poke at the ball and get a steal on Kobe yesterday (with 4 fouls I might add), then make a perfect outlet pass, then run super fast down court, receive a pass at the foul line and do a dipsy doodle slam dunk over Kobe. Just an incredible 7 seconds. Kobe went over to him and patted him on the head. There is no jealousy here--the two men like and respect eachother. Why don't you guys do the same?

Lebron is now the best player in the NBA--there is no question that is the single biggest impact player in the league this year.

As far as being a playmaker, that's not Kobe's role--he is a scorer. However, the Lakers have shined of late when he has more assists and is used as a decoy. And conversely, this year when Kobe scores 40, the Lakers lose. I think the point by the sports media is that at least for this team, this year, iso Kobe is not working. Iso Kobe yesterday resulted in Heat steals, Laker turnovers, and Heat dunks.

For this team to be effective, Kobe has to distribute the ball more, and score less. That's been the winning solution in the few games the Lakers have won. Just because he can score 40 doesn't mean he should.

Kobe son'd him by hitting him on back of his head!

LBJ is only the best cuz he doesnt get tired, has bionic left leg, & gets ref assistance every game! Kobe even when he is scoring is still a play maker thats something you fans just will never realize until you stop keep things in perspective. For this team to do anything Coach D must play the talent on the roster, Kobe must score & create for others, the bench must score 30+ pts a night, Nash has to cancel out the PG he is matchup against night in night out, & D12 must play smart basketball & stop the dumb fouls, technicals. pouting, & he must make his offensive moves quicker as soon as recieves the entry pass.

#50 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 11, 2013 - 09:47 AM

I think the statistic that I heard this morning is this year, when Kobe scores over 30pts per game, the Lakers are 1-10. When he scores 25 or less, the Lakers have a winning record. This isn't a really dificult concept to figure out.

#51 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 11, 2013 - 09:51 AM

It's not Kobe's fault the system sucks

It's not Kobe's fault his teammates just stand around

Kobe shouldn't have to be the point guard and the shooting guard...that's why we have Steve Nash. Coaches are paid to figure it.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#52 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 608 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 11, 2013 - 04:21 PM

Ok let me settle the whole Laker hate of lebron james because its quite simple

When Kobe bryant fans would say Kobe Bryant is better than Michael Jordan; The Jordan Fans got upset at the comparison and demonized Kobe as a result. Jordan fans never and quite frankly will never conceede anyone being better than him. So if anyone is compared to him; they instantly dont like that player

This is the same here in modern day

When Lebron James fanboys say he is better then Kobe; The Kobe bryant fans get upset because aside from winning 1 ring in a lockout season ..lebron has not done anything to merrit the comparison. If were talking about stats then ok sure but stats dont equal rings in all cases.

Kobe bryant is still the better player in totality for a few simple reasons

lebrons game is based on his athletic ability not his offensive skill set
i can name 5 or more players past and present who are more skilled offensively than lerbon
Jordan
Tmac prime
Kobe prime and old kobe
Kevin Durant
Ect

if lebron where to get a bad knee injury his game with suffer tremendously

whereas kobe has had 3 knee surgeries broken fingers ect
and still is capable of being a top 5 player if not number 1

kobe's weakness to his game is and always will be shot selection/stubbornness

lebrons weakness to his game is not getting to the rim/being bailed out by refs

If lebron has 3 knee surgeries he would be done

#53 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 11, 2013 - 04:36 PM

^ Right. I don't even watch Wade play anymore(1 of my fav) because the NBA's consistently sucking off Lebron the whole game like he's the second coming of christ. Never seen so much of it in all my years watching NBA basketball. Just to much.

#54 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 744 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 04:38 PM

^ Right. I don't even watch Wade play anymore(1 of my fav) because the NBA's consistently sucking off Lebron the whole game like he's the second coming of christ. Never seen so much of it in all my years watching NBA basketball. Just to much.

Dude's probably jerk off reading his PER

#55 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:44 PM

I think the statistic that I heard this morning is this year, when Kobe scores over 30pts per game, the Lakers are 1-10. When he scores 25 or less, the Lakers have a winning record. This isn't a really dificult concept to figure out.

all espn designed stats to discreit kobe & blame him for everything. been going on for yrs. same old cliche. tell me who else gets bullsheet stats made up about them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users