Photo

Grizzlies' CEO Jason Levien: We Will Not Trade Zach Randolph

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 08, 2013 - 08:09 PM

Posted Image

By Ron Higgins, Ronald Tillery
Posted February 8, 2013 at 11:12 a.m.

The Grizzlies say they will not trade Zach Randolph this season.

The team has fielded calls proposing trades for its all-star, but Griz CEO Jason Levien said he told Randolph on Thursday that he won't be dealt this season. NBA teams have been told the Grizzlies aren't looking to move the 31-year-old forward, who averages 15.7 points and 11.7 rebounds.

Randolph, speaking after the Grizzlies' Friday morning shootaround in FedExForum, said he hadn't been bothered by the trade speculation.

"I understand this is a business, and my confidence has always been the same," he said. "I try to come out every night and play my game, whether I give us rebounding, defense, whatever is needed."

Randolph, who was recently named a Western Conference All-Star reserve, was in trade talks earlier this season. However, team brass says its focus is now on rallying the troops. Memphis, struggling since trading Rudy Gay to Toronto late last month, has dropped to fifth in the Western Conference playoff race.

The Griz are only looking at ways to add another center or shooter using one of their seven trade exceptions by the Feb. 21 trade deadline. Even so, that is believed to be a 50/50 proposition.

Memphis will host the Golden State Warriors Friday night, one of three games remaining before All-Star Weekend in Houston, where Randolph makes his second career All-Star appearance.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/feb/08/grizzlies-say-they-wont-trade-all-star-forward/?partner=RSS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users