32 replies to this topic

#21 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,489 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 08, 2013 - 09:57 PM

When Dwight is healthy he's a top 3 defender in the league as well as the best defender in the league, by far. But he's had back-injury and may or may not get back to 100%. He's also unhappy in LA and might leave this summer, but then again he might still sign here due to the lack of better opportunities as well as more money.

So basically this is an impossible situation for Mitch and Jimbo.

IMO the only thing that is unacceptable, is letting him go for nothing. Obviously, Mitch and Jimbo are a lot more in the loop regarding Howard and what the odds are of him staying so if they believe he will stay, then they shouldn't trade him. But, to me it sure looks like he doesn't like it here.

#22 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:09 PM

So @lakersfandude was right all along? Im not giving up on this team. Next year, a healthy Dwight will dominate. Mark my words, we will when it all next year.

#23 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:10 PM

The only way I would trade Dwight is if he flat out says he won't re-sign AND we get someone at least as good as Kevin Love. Maybe Smith and Horford will do it. Definitely not for Lopez and whoever else the Nets throw in.

He came back too early and doomed this season. Then again, Bynum still hasn't played so the Lakers still got the better side of the deal.

I believe despite what has happened and the things going on with Kobe the only reason he wouldn't re-sign is because of D'Antoni. He completely negates what Dwight does. He doesn't coach defense and doesn't like to post up. Otherwise, Dwight clearly likes to live in LA, loves the attention, and probably sees that this would be his team for the rest of his career.

#24 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,393 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:32 AM

I know this much. One of these 19 Million Dollar MF's need to go. I'd rather keep a young healthy Dwight but in order for us to get better 20 Million needs to disappear sooner than later.

#25 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,823 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:38 AM

^ So what moves would you make?

#26 Elijah

Elijah

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:56 AM

I expect him to return next season if D'Antoni is let go. I believe his play hasn't been on par with what we know he is capable due to a combination of his injuries and also the psychological effects of the L.A. environment. By next season I believe he will return to the Orlando version of himself because he will have grown more accustomed to how things are as a Laker player.

#27 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,295 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 09, 2013 - 11:24 AM

Any franchise would hate to trade a guy like this. I wouldn't believe anybody would want to trade him. I look at it like this. His father, Hakeem and other sources say he wants to stay but, he has not said that he wants to. Now I'm not saying that that means he doesn't but, it would be easier if he said so. Obviously the front office wants to hold on to him and build around him. And we all know the Lakers are great when it comes to getting a BIG and putting the pieces around that BIG to when a few rings. The history does not lie. My biggest concern is the coach. If he is the main reason D12 bolts out of L.A...... Then you have to do something so you don't come up empty handed.
Posted Image

#28 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 611 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted February 09, 2013 - 11:43 AM

People have to understand that unless he is traded by the trade deadline we can't trade him at all. After the trade deadline he either resigns in the off season or walks.

#29 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 09, 2013 - 12:01 PM

Well season isnt going to amount to much. Im pretty sure there will not be one trade this season.

I know everyone here is gonna get really mad too when nothing happens but you gotta understand trades are gonna be much better this offseason.

#30 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 09, 2013 - 12:22 PM

In a situation like this you do not trade you wait.

Firstly you don't know if he is leaving or staying he hasn't said he is going so their is a chance he will stay, however if you trade him then he is 100% gone.
Secondly you can't get anywhere near his value in a trade, so trade him or let him walk you still lose. The value you get for him will be further reduced because teams your trading with know your desparate so they will lower their offers.

A good analogy would be if you injured your leg in a car accident and the doctors say they have done everything they can to save the leg but there is still a chance you will lose your leg but they will only know in about 4 weeks time. The doctors then give you two choices:

First choice: They amputate your leg now, there is a chance your leg will be saved but there is no guarantee and it will cost alot of money. However if they amputate now you can save alot of money to be able to get a better prosthetic leg with the money.

Second choice: You wait, you might lose your leg it will cost alot of money and you will be left with an inferior replacement but then there is a chance you keep your leg.

Which would you choose? I would choose option 2, sure with option 1 i get a good replacement but it will never be as good as my real leg. If there is even a chance I keep my original leg I am taking it.

Edited by t-1, February 09, 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#31 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,461 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrp

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#32 Soobizzle12

Soobizzle12

Rookie

• 18 posts
  • Name:Sooby
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 09, 2013 - 09:00 PM

I will laugh my ass off if lakers get far in the playoffs and all u people saying trade dwight will look like the biggest idiots ever. Ya u guys sure are "laker fans". Haha

#33 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:48 PM

Guys, he has one year on his contract and the last year is at his option. He has zero value. You could off load him to save money, but I wouldn't expect much in return. Keep him, if he will stay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users